Toys R Us in Langley Park Maryland is going out of business

bryenfury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
320 (100%)
Hi All,

I'm not sure where this goes but at the moment everything is 10% off and 30% for game accessories.

The store is closing so obviously the longer you wait the deals will get better, but of course the selection will be smaller.
PSP entertainment pack is at $224 versus the original price of $250.

You get the idea.
All sales are final blah blah blah.

This store is located in Langely Park, Maryland at the corner of Univeristy Blvd and New Hampshire ave.
301-422-4080

Thanks -Bry

[quote name='bradr']Is this the one in Adelphi?[/quote]
Yeah towards there.
Across the street from Taco Bell.

I was talking to the Employee there and he said this store was making good money, but the neighborhood was not desirable.

I grew up right near there and that area has really gone downhill. Too many workers, 3 Latinos had their throats slashed in the bushes on the left side of TRU, & a hot bed for criminal and gang activity. It's bad when a Latino (me) doesn't want to go in that area.

[quote name='thebob101']I grew up right near there and that area has really gone downhill. Too many workers, 3 Latinos had their throats slashed in the bushes on the left side of TRU, & a hot bed for criminal and gang activity. It's bad when a Latino (me) doesn't want to go in that area.[/quote]

Well i dont want to see you get hurt but stop by there sometime, they might get deeper price cuts like the other TRU's in our area did when they were closing, (some went as low as 70% but most of the good stuff was gone at 50)

[quote name='abhinav']Well i dont want to see you get hurt but stop by there sometime, they might get deeper price cuts like the other TRU's in our area did when they were closing, (some went as low as 70% but most of the good stuff was gone at 50)[/quote]

I totally cleaned up at the Wheaton and Laurel stores. Snagged a 360 HD for $40 at one point. You are right that most of the good stuff is gone when it gets to 70%. I was very lucky with the HD, they had it in the back and didn't put it out until then.

I actually stopped by the TRU in Langley Park today. It was a mad house. Games were only 10% off and they are excluding systems in the clearance. I decided to wait until 30% or 40% to see if I could get some ps3 games.

[quote name='thebob101']I totally cleaned up at the Wheaton and Laurel stores. Snagged a 360 HD for $40 at one point. You are right that most of the good stuff is gone when it gets to 70%. I was very lucky with the HD, they had it in the back and didn't put it out until then.

I actually stopped by the TRU in Langley Park today. It was a mad house. Games were only 10% off and they are excluding systems in the clearance. I decided to wait until 30% or 40% to see if I could get some ps3 games.[/quote]

Give me a heads up when it does drop (or if you can pick some stuff up for me and i'll pay you in cash). I really missed out the whole TRU thing, i went too early to snag any good deals (got the Halo2 headset and a few cheap games) but by the time i got anywhere it was all dead. I want to get in on time, maybe something i want this time lol.

PS: If anyone finds a good deal on lumines II gimmie heads up, i am looking for it now.

30% off games 50% off accessories. I picked up Metal Slug Anthology for $28, $7 each for Deep Labyrinth and Mercury, $14 for The Outfit. Lumines II was $21 and they had a shitload.

[quote name='cleaver']30% off games 50% off accessories. I picked up Metal Slug Anthology for $28, $7 each for Deep Labyrinth and Mercury, $14 for The Outfit. Lumines II was $21 and they had a shitload.[/quote]

Nice, i'm in for that price, thanks for the heads up.

I went up there tonight. There are a few 360 games of interest still left, Enchanted arms for $35, Spinlter Cell Double Agent, and others. They also have a lot of PS3 games there too going from $41 dollars and less and Wii games going for $37 and less. And there's still a shelf of lumines 2 games there's also a few xbox classics on the wall like lego star wars and kotor.

In other words it's still not to late and most of the stuff is now 40% off.

Friend of mine who works there said it was either last Thursday or this one being the last day, I believe it was actually last thursday

This past Thursday was the last day. I hit it about once every two days. The lines were always really long with a bunch of idiots running around the store while their children stayed in line for them. It was annoying. I saw a lot of folks hiding things above the racks. I was there about 2 hours before they shut their doors (it's sad because Langley Park didn't used to be that bad). I picked up PDZ guide for $1.

bread's done
Back