Toys R Us Jungle Book Blu/DVD/DC $10.99 with Pre Order

prim4444

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The Jungle Book Blu/DVD/DC will be on sale for $19.99

TRU will also be offering two pre orders starting tomorrow.

Frozen and Pirate Fairy. $10 off purchase with $1 pre order. Net savings of $9.00.
Edit: The pre order cards were packaged together with the following jungle book sign. If you don't see this sign, the cards may have not been put out yet.
[attachment=2942:20140211_070459.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shot down a little while ago. Took the reservation card and jungle book blu to the cashier and he didn't even attempt to ring it up, he immediately said that it wouldn't work because of the sale price and I would have to grab another disney movie priced $19.99 in order for it to work. I told him that another TRU employee told me that it would and he just abruptly told me "it doesn't". I am not the argumentative type so I just walked away. I'll try a different TRU tomorrow and if I encounter resistance there I'll politely make more of a case.
Hey prim do you guys have memos or emails alerts you guys have about this current promo that we can cite?
But but...according to TheFizzzzzz, it should take all of 45 seconds to get it done. It's not like this is YMMV or anything...

In all seriousness, I'm sorry you had to go through that headache. For those that weren't able to get in on the Amazon $5 coupon when they offered it, you guys are kind of screwed with TRU being your only hope. You basically just have to get lucky at this point.

I think there were so many horror stories (from a TRU employee standpoint) back with the James and the Giant Peach and Toy Story (and a few other) Disney blu-ray deals that management most have told associates to be very strict with Disney deals going forward and that they absolutely can not do any overrides.

My TRU is usually pretty lenient but they wouldn't even entertain the idea of manually adjusting the price on this so my guess is word was passed down

But but...according to TheFizzzzzz, it should take all of 45 seconds to get it done. It's not like this is YMMV or anything...

In all seriousness, I'm sorry you had to go through that headache. For those that weren't able to get in on the Amazon $5 coupon when they offered it, you guys are kind of screwed with TRU being your only hope. You basically just have to get lucky at this point.
According to me it took 45 seconds and no hassle at all. Associate entered the coupon took the $10 off and I left. According to you no one should bother asking the employees of TRU to honor their signage. But what do I know having worked as a manager in a department selling video games for 3+ years?? You're the expert. It's obviously above everyone's pay grade at the store to do anything.

According to me it took 45 seconds and no hassle at all. Associate entered the coupon took the $10 off and I left. According to you no one should bother asking the employees of TRU to honor their signage. But what do I know having worked as a manager in a department selling video games for 3+ years?? You're the expert. It's obviously above everyone's pay grade at the store to do anything.
And that's the problem, there's no consistency to the situation.

It should either work for anyone or not work at all for anyone. There should be no middle ground, no interpretation, it should either work 100% of the time or work 0% of the time. Nothing in-between those numbers.

Since you seem to be puffing out your chest and acting like you're cock of the walk because you:

1) Managed to have it work for 45 seconds' worth of conversation.

2) You seem to know everything since you did time in retail as a manager.

From that, it sounds like you should go run TRU and fix it so that it works as flawlessly as it supposedly did when you were at Hastings.

Here's a gold star for you. No one gives a rat's ass about your past work history.

And that's the problem, there's no consistency to the situation.

It should either work for anyone or not work at all for anyone. There should be no middle ground, no interpretation, it should either work 100% of the time or work 0% of the time. Nothing in-between those numbers.

Since you seem to be puffing out your chest and acting like you're cock of the walk because you:
1) Managed to have it work for 45 seconds' worth of conversation.
2) You seem to know everything since you did time in retail as a manager.

From that, it sounds like you should go run TRU and fix it so that it works as flawlessly as it supposedly did when you were at Hastings.

Here's a gold star for you. No one gives a rat's ass about your past work history.
Appreciate it. I'll put it next to my Jungle Book that I got by going to the store and expecting the staff to honor their signage. Advertised special in store right next to the 19.99 Jungle Book sale sign says $10 off ANY $19.99 Disney title with $1 preorder of Frozen. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Chalk up another successful deal! Had no issues with the transaction. She did scan the stuff twice as if it didn't apply correctly the first time but never questioned it and never called for anyone else. Excellent deal for the Blu.

Chalk up another successful deal! Had no issues with the transaction. She did scan the stuff twice as if it didn't apply correctly the first time but never questioned it and never called for anyone else. Excellent deal for the Blu.
As was the scenario for me.... Once again THANKS OP!

According to you...and not according to someone else. Bravo. You've just defined YMMV...which was my entire point to begin with.

gold_star_achievement_award_for_children_business_card-raad3959f9c6546a9a14e5990b4f76b63_i57ns_8byvr_512.jpg

Went to a different TRU earlier today and they were sold out of blu, plenty of DVD's though.

Prim- any chance that stores will get a restock before the sale ends?

According to you...and not according to someone else. Bravo. You've just defined YMMV...which was my entire point to begin with.

gold_star_achievement_award_for_children_business_card-raad3959f9c6546a9a14e5990b4f76b63_i57ns_8byvr_512.jpg
Pretty sure it's been confirmed again that it took no override and just a different sequence of scanning. But please don't bother the employees at a store to make sure you get what you are entitled to

Well I went ahead and called the 800 number to voice my disappointment with the crappy service I received last night. I'm usually not the type to complain but the guy last night was immediately dismissive and unwilling to even attempt to help me. On top of that I am frustrated that no store within 50 miles of me have it in stock now

I called the 1800 number and got them to place to an order for in store pickup for $9.99 without any trouble. I just mentioned the save $10 on any $19.99 or higher Disney movie. This way I didn't have to hope that the registers were fixed today or get a manager who knows it didn't work automatically and was willing to do it manually. I didn't have to sign anything and he didn't ask for ID when I picked up my order which is weird since everywhere else I have done store pickup made me. I did check the status of the order online and it shows as picked up. 

I got the last copy for in store pickup in the DFW area. My best bet at this point is to live chat with a rep online and see how many your stores shows to have in stock. My store had 4 copies in their inventory after my order and it wasn't available after my order was placed.

Got it to work with minimal effort. As expected, The Jungle Book and Frozen preorder rang up together as $20.99. I told the cashier it should be $10.99. She said it was $1 plus $29.99 minus $10 so $20.99. I showed her the $19.99 Jungle Book sale tag on the shelf then she studiously read the Frozen preorder flyer. After that, she went to the back to ask a manager. She came back and gave it to me for $10.99.

After calling the 800 number last night the store manager ,where I was shot down the other night, called me back today. He wanted to do whatever it took to get the matter resolved - offered me a discount on any other movie, or a discount on the DVD -  however all area stores are sold out of the blu ray. I told him I wasn't normally the type to complain but knowing, firsthand, about the deal from a TRU employee, having the cashier the other day not even attempt to try the deal and now all area stores being sold out, was just frustrating. He apologized and understood and in the end took down my name and number and said he would call me next time it was in stock and sell it with the discount.

I was able to get the $10.99 deal with very little hassle last night.

I grabbed the Blu ray and coupon and went up to the service desk to check out.  At first, the lady who was working there (a very adorable woman, might I add, who you could tell really enjoyed working there - or at least was very upbeat at the time) rung up the products and the discount didn't register.  She told me that two different promotions/sales could not be put together.  I nodded my head and said I thought the same, but explained to her that because the coupon did not state that "it couldn't be combined with sales" as many other coupons always have printed on them, I thought that it could.  She nodded in agreement and then went to speak to her manager.  After a minute or so, she came back and gave me the discounted price of $10.99.  She did say that in normal cases, the two promotions can't be combined, but will make an exception because the coupon didn't state it.  She also mentioned she figured that a few more people might get away with this until corporate realizes the mistake and comes down with a mandate.

Anyway, while it does seem to be a YMMV deal, I think as long as you're nice and understanding about it, you might be able to pull it off.  Plus, it doesn't hurt to deal with a super nice customer service rep as well. 

There is no coupon.... You are taking advantage of two deals they are running consecutively. Pre order frozen and get any other Disney title 19.99 or more for $10 off. Jungle Book this week is on sale for $19.99

Went back today and still no Frozen preorder anything, and sale/promo signage was still up. I just decided "fuck it" and ordered it from Amazon for $19.96. I'd rather pay the extra money than have to deal with the fucking clowns at my local store... Toys R Us can eat a dick. :wall:

what is this coupon and where do you get it at ?
Like the other user said, it's not a coupon, per say. That was a poor choice of wording on my part. The preorder slip for frozen doubles as a discount for $10 off any Disney title $19.99 and up. Out of habit, I called it a coupon. My mistake.

Like the other user said, it's not a coupon, per say. That was a poor choice of wording on my part. The preorder slip for frozen doubles as a discount for $10 off any Disney title $19.99 and up. Out of habit, I called it a coupon. My mistake.
i wonder if i can cancel the pre order after getting jungle book, if so its a no brainer as i like amazons current pre order price for it atm

Well I received a call from the TRU manager yesterday saying that they were holding a Jungle Book blu for me. I went to pick it up and dealt with a different manager who gave me a long explanation about why they weren't supposed to - California law, double coupons, fines, resellers, disney complaints, no other retailers running these promos/coupons - I just smiled, nodded, thanked him. Rang up for $9.99, didn't even reserve Frozen

On the other hand redeemed my double points when I got home and watched it for the first time in years. What a gorgeous transfer

How is this still $10? It rings up as $29.99 in store, and store pick-up claims unavailable in my area (even though I've had them scan a copy in store lol)

That's why I want to make sure it's $19.99 before heading out. People have been posting that they've been getting it for $9.99 after preorder still so yah I was just curious. Can anyone shed done light on this?

That's why I want to make sure it's $19.99 before heading out. People have been posting that they've been getting it for $9.99 after preorder still so yah I was just curious. Can anyone shed done light on this?
The preorder for Frozen also doubles as $10 off any other Disney titles. As long as the price for The Jungle Book is $19.99, then you'll get it for the $10.99 price (as long as your Toys R Us will allow it). I'm assuming today will be the last day as sales usually change on Sundays. Maybe call your local Toys R Us and have them price check The Jungle Book blu ray price before heading out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The preorder for Frozen also doubles as $10 off any other Disney titles. As long as the price for The Jungle Book is $19.99, then you'll get it for the $10.99 price (as long as your Toys R Us will allow it). I'm assuming today will be the last day as sales usually change on Sundays. Maybe call your local Toys R Us and have them price check The Jungle Book blu ray price before heading out.
Yah I already knew all that. :p
Thanks?

We know how this promo/deal works. The issue is the Toys R Us I was at last Saturday was sold out. They may have more in stock now, but the price is now $30 in store and online ($20 after pre-order) but some people are stating they are still getting it for $10, so we're confused.

Anyone that got it for the deal after the fact got either TRU customer service on the phone or via email to still honor the deal basically giving them a rain check

Slept on this deal and missed my chance at Jungle Book for $11. Have been planning on grabbing JB anyway and my daughter loved Frozen so I ended up trying to get $10 off the $29.99 price tonight.

Didn't read the past few pages so didn't realize it wouldn't work automatically and the initial cashier I went to thought I had to wait til Frozen came out. I then went to the customer service desk and pointed out the fine print that reads something along the lines of "deposit and purchase of movie over $19.99 must be in same transaction" and the lady there agreed that the wording sounded like I should get $10 off with the deposit and manually took $10 off. Not a spectacular deal but my daughter did enjoy jungle book

yea, they were sold out when i tried to get it over the phone so they gave me a rain check, came in a few days later, called me, took $20 off and sold it for $10

big thx to the board for encouraging us to pull this shit, $10 Mowgli!!!

bread's done
Back