Toys R US now Price matching the TRU.COM

thats good news, and u dont even need photoshop. if u have ms frontpage u can change any text on the webpage u want as if u were making the page urself. i guess u could do that with any webpage developing utility.

If anyone is gonna PM anything, do it now, since they're sure to do away with this soon, thanks to these a**holes.

[quote name='lain21us']If anyone is gonna PM anything, do it now, since they're sure to do away with this soon, thanks to these a**holes.[/quote]

what are u talking about, if u mean what i said about frontpage i was just trying to make a point (its easy), i didnt mean i was gonna do it myself. i think thats what jetblac was saying too.

Anyone that is gonna try to edit the prices and price match them is stupid. Any Toys R Us stores accepting forged documents are even more stupid

That is just what one manager of one TRU said. As we all know, not every store has the same policies, so I wouldn't get to excited plotting how to photoshop prices to get "deals" as they most likely will not accept it when you walk in there with your printout.

Yeah what it is it is easier with a print out but they just check it on a computer with the skn number. Quick and easy check that can be done at customer service. So I wouldn't even try to PS a page if I were you. Also around 98% of the prices are same as in store. Also no coupons online. So that means don't even try saying you have a coupon code.

[quote name='EggViper'][quote name='lain21us']If anyone is gonna PM anything, do it now, since they're sure to do away with this soon, thanks to these a**holes.[/quote]

what are u talking about, if u mean what i said about frontpage i was just trying to make a point (its easy), i didnt mean i was gonna do it myself. i think thats what jetblac was saying too.[/quote]

There's a difference there: Jetblac didn't TELL us how to do it.

Yup, this is now TRU policy at all stores. If a store says they won't do it, tell them to check the policy and that you will complain if it isn't honored. All stores should know about it now. Only toysrus.com prices are matched and no other websites. Theres lots of stuff cheaper online than at the store such as GBA Sonic Advance 2 - $26.99 online, $32.99 at the store. This is good to get down some of the high prices. Also, cashiers are supposed to check the website and verify the prices are correct if the price difference is greater than $15 and they also need someone higher up to do it. If its under $15 they can do the price match themselves, but many employees still check the website to verify the price. I'd be willing to bet most cashiers will just do it if the difference is less than $15 and most will probably match any Amazon.com price even if it says offered by Target or Gamestop, but the official policy is only TRU offered items.

Can you imagine how long it will take for them to check the website?
Somebody needs to try this and report back.

[quote name='lurknomore']If you are changing the prices online, you might as well ask for the game and walk out with it. Stealing is still stealing.[/quote]

not sure why I find that so funny!!! LMAO!!

[quote name='CheapyD']Can you imagine how long it will take for them to check the website?
Somebody needs to try this and report back.[/quote]

I can try next Thurs. I have a job interview, so I will have a nice hair cut and a suit on, they will totally believe me! Hmmm, what game at what price......

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='CheapyD']Can you imagine how long it will take for them to check the website?

I can try next Thurs. I have a job interview, so I will have a nice hair cut and a suit on, they will totally believe me! Hmmm, what game at what price......[/quote]

Check Futurama...I doubt it'll be 20 in store.

The problem I see with the workers not beleving the price is how once an item is sold out from ToysRUs.com, the price is no longer displayed.

Earlier today, someone posted ToysRUs.com had Big Air Freestyle for Gamecube for $5.29. If I were to print out the page and take it into the store, by the time I get to the store if ToysRUs.com is temporarily sold out of the item and an employee checks the website, it won't show the $5.29 price and the price will not be honored.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='CheapyD']Can you imagine how long it will take for them to check the website?

I can try next Thurs. I have a job interview, so I will have a nice hair cut and a suit on, they will totally believe me! Hmmm, what game at what price......[/quote]

Check Futurama...I doubt it'll be 20 in store.[/quote]

It is. I bought it last weekend. I bought the Xbox version, but they have all been lowered.

I got 5 bucks that says because of this thread, next week there will be a new thread entitled "CAG'ers that need bail money!!!"

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

Actually, you shouldn't have to print out the webpage. TRU employees can access TRU.com just fine in the store. I was instructed to just look it up on the website to verify the price. I would do so anyway, even if I was given a print out from a customer.

-Hoshi

I'll have to check my TRU tomarrow and see if they will price check their website .

MightySlacker your girlfriend looks like Ricky Lake .

Hoshi, we were told to go ahead and go by the print out the customer brings in, but if its suspicious to check it online(or if its greater than $15 difference). But in the end, the customer's printout will be honored if not too crazy as they know TRU.com prices can change at any time.

Here's a few games on the site that are cheaper than B&M. It's not much of a savings but its better than nothing. This is just a short list, theres more out there.

GC $47: Mario Party 5, Zelda Windwaker, NFSU, Kirby Airride, Mario Party 4, Tiger Woods 2004, Mario Kart
GC $5.29: Big Air Freestyle

PS2 $45 games: NFSU, Socom 2
PS2 $47: Tiger Woods 2004, True Crime, NBA Live 2004, NFL Street, Nascar Thunder 2004

XB $27: Halo
XB $47: NFSU,Tiger Woods 2004
XB $45: Rainbow Six 3

All of these are $30-$35 at TRU
GBA $25: Finding Nemo
GBA $$26-27: Sonic Advance 2, SpongeBob Bikini Bottom, Metroid Fusion, Fairly Odd Parents
GBA $28: Yoshi's Island Mario Advance 3

Here's a few more cheaper deals on accessories.
Forgot accessories:
PS2 Memory Card $20
2 pack PS2 Red/Blue memory Cards $33
Blue Dual Shock controller $20
Black Dual shock controller $19
Eyetoy $45
XB S controller $25
GC black controller $20
Gamecube Monitor $100($140 in stores)
PS2 Gamescreen $100($150 in stores)
Gameboy Player $47

[quote name='EggViper']thats good news, and u dont even need photoshop. if u have ms frontpage u can change any text on the webpage u want as if u were making the page urself. i guess u could do that with any webpage developing utility.[/quote]

You don't need any special program at all. You can just edit the html by hand.

Also, $20 is an ok deal for a gamecube controller.

[quote name='EggViper'][quote name='lain21us']If anyone is gonna PM anything, do it now, since they're sure to do away with this soon, thanks to these a**holes.[/quote]

what are u talking about, if u mean what i said about frontpage i was just trying to make a point (its easy), i didnt mean i was gonna do it myself. i think thats what jetblac was saying too.[/quote]

I was just saying don't get any ideas or this won't last long.

I don't photoshop, I use the force.

[quote name='lain21us']If anyone is gonna PM anything, do it now, since they're sure to do away with this soon, thanks to these a**holes.[/quote]

Yeah how long before onewingedangel and attempt this scam?

bread's done
Back