Toys R Us Online Code FRIENDS20 (20% off order, includes PS4 and Xbox One games)

Number83

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Apply code FRIENDS20 for 20% off your entire order.  Works on XB1 and PS4 Pre-Order games.  Free Shipping too on select games. 

Deal is DEAD on the Pre-Orders

XBOX360: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906693

PS3: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906705

WiiU: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11902636

3DS: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11902678

PSVita: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906766

No Longer usable: 

Xbox One Games: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=22320146

PlayStation 4 Games: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=22320536

EDIT: Grabbed Coupon image from Dealcatcher.  Hardware is excluded.

print_1379593775.gif

Double Secret Edit:  Also included in the TRU 1.0 Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/308996-tru-10-grand-theft-auto-v-offer-10-gift-card-free-rockstar-game-1999-and-under-10-credit-for-loyalty-members-919-921-friends-family/

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a lot of games, hopefully it pans out. I got Cod Ghosts Hardened, Dead Rising 3, Infamous Second Son, Titanfall, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Final Fantasy XV. Came out to about 100 dollars in savings so if it all ships in the end I will be happy.

Just got my second pre-order confirmation.

I got the acknowledgement email, as tru calls it, for both my original pre-orders immediately after I ordered and then just now I got the Confirmation Email for my first pre-order.

Thank you for ordering from us. Your order number is XXXXXXXXX and the pre-ordered item(s) below will be processed at its scheduled release date. As it is processed, you'll receive additional emails about its status.

Here I comes FFXV!

I pre-ordered the watchdog when BB had the PS4 bundle sale. I don't even remember how much discount on the game. Was it $30 off PS4 + controller + game? Then game would only discount for $5, which means this will be a much better deal. Maybe I shall switch. 

I just tried Infamous for you and it works for me. The 20% discount appears in read under the image of the game when I do a search for it.

Not working for me 9/19 at 10:20AM PST. Says the discount doesn't apply. Tried with Watch Dogs for PS4, then NBA 2k14, then Infamous, none worked.

Here I comes FFX!

I pre-ordered the watchdog when BB had the PS4 bundle sale. I don't even remember how much discount on the game. Was it $30 off PS4 + controller + game? Then game would only discount for $5, which means this will be a much better deal. Maybe I shall switch.
i've searched for ffx, and couldn't find it, only found the ps2 game.

I feel like a jerk but I already have all of the games I bought through this preordered at GS along with my X1... I am tempted to buy them at GS and then just return the TRU copies with my Gamestop receipt.

I always hate having to resort to crap like that though : /

Paypal was acting screwy with my thing, I had an order of $79.98, yet when I went to paypal it showed $35.50. Whoo I thought I was getting a deal until I placed the order and nothing showed up yet my account was put a hold on. So then I redid the order and this time it was show $6? WTF? So I assumed that the tax never got added on so thats why the order wasnt going through, so I placed the order of $6 on Payapal and now the order shows up on toysrus.com. Keep in mind when I went to pay the 2nd time it still showed $79.98 on TRU yet when I got to paypal they were only asking for $6.

So odd

I feel like a jerk but I already have all of the games I bought through this preordered at GS along with my X1... I am tempted to buy them at GS and then just return the TRU copies with my Gamestop receipt.

Its not a bad idea but I wonder if there are laws against those types of things? Its not really a big deal but it might not be legal either.

Its not a bad idea but I wonder if there are laws against those types of things? Its not really a big deal but it might not be legal either.
I have been doing it for the past 12 years as a last resort kind of thing and have not run into any issues.

Each copy is exactly the same so there is absolutely no way for anyone to know that I wasn't just returning the original one I bought.

I don't see why this is a big deal. They'll turn around and sell those copies, no loss for them.

I cant remember, is it easy to cancel an order online at tru.com?
It looks pretty easy. There is cancel button by your order. If you were wondering about pre orders, you can cancel pre-orders all the way until release date.

Ordered KZ:SF with code, but I wouldn't be surprised if TRU cancelled all these discounted preorders, they've done it many times in the past.

I ordered about 40 minutes ago and I have the charge on my account but still nothing shows up on my orders and I have not gotten any emails..

For those asking about shipping, TRU is rather slow in that department, even though they say priority they use ups smartpost crap for mine, Last game I preordered was Diablo 3, Released Tuesday, processed and shipped Wednesday, Received the following monday.
Kills it for me, might stick with my Amazon pre-order with release day shipping.

Ordered Wind Waker HD, Watch Dogs and Knack for the PS4.  

I don't mind waiting a few days to play a game if the shipping is a bit late. 

I've done several pre orders on upcoming PS4 games, and none of them have been cancelled yet. If they are then Amazon gets my money again. They have a pending hold on my PP account, but if they do charge for god knows why, I'm cancelling (although the FAQ page says they charge when it ships). 

And yeah, TRU is slow on shipping. It's why I kept my Killzone order on Amazon because it will come with my PS4 shipment. Battlefield/Watch Dogs can wait a week. The slightly longer wait is worth the price imo. 

Put an order in for Wind Waker HD. A few days wait isn't a big deal since I'm sure I'll still be playing GTA. I did notice that they have the release date listed as 12/31/13. They are usually pretty good about updating that and shipping on time.. right?

I want to order Fifa 14 for PS3 and use my $10 GC from GTA5 but I was thinking of going Tuesday and get it in-store. Unless the coupon expires then

This coupon works on controllers too...I just picked up an extra XB1 and PS4 Controller.  Free Shipping because the order was over $75.

Got email confirmations for my orders and the pre-authorization is showing on my CC, but my balance available is still the same.

im just going to hold out for a b2g1 free around end of november, early december.

I am not exactly thrilled with waiting for shipping but Im at least happy for the savings. Plus I figure i willhave Watchdogs since I'm buying the CE and DriveClub PS+ Edition on day one to hold me over. Heres the order I just placed.

Dualshock 4 - $59.99
Need for Speed Rivals - $59.99
Killzone: Shadow Fall - $59.99
Knack - $59.99
inFamous: Second Son - $59.99

Subtotal--------$299.95
20% off----------$59.99
Shipping----------$7.20
FREE Shipping--$5.65
Sales Tax--------$15.60
Total Cost------$257.11

Oh your post said FFX, I was looking for FFX HD for PS3.

I do want FF XV, but that game is way too far away for me to pre-order.
Oh my bad. Too excited that I misspelled it. Being too far away is not a problem. Your card won't get charged until it's shipped and you can change your order before it's shipped.

Just write down all your pre-orders somewhere to track. I personally use Google Drive so I can assess the info everywhere.

But you are right. I think FF games often get $20 pre-order bonus. Do you think we can ask Amazon to price-match? If a lot of people report the price there, I guess it's possible.

Still no confirmation emails : /

Anyone else place an order around the time this was posted and have a hold on your balance but no confirmation emails or anything yet?

Pre-ordered two PS4 games. Even spending $52 after tax for each game seems like too much (given my backlog), but have to have something to play with my shiny new toy, right?

SO conflicted about this.  I could save $75 on all the stuff I want for next gen, but do I really want to sit on each console for over a week with no games to play besides some downloadable stuff?

I ordered Diablo 3 for console from them and got it over a week after launch!

EDIT:  Couldn't do it.  I ended up just saving $27 instead on extra controllers for X1 and PS4.

I just got confirmation emails on both of my orders.  No issues thus far.  

UGH

Still no confirmation for my first one.

I shot in a second order (buying a controller this time instead of a game) using my other account and that went through just fine.

I don't want to place the order again because clearly it somewhat went through because my account has been charged...

UGHHHHH

bread's done
Back