Toys R Us: Playstation 3 40 GB - $299.99

VashandWolfwood

CAGiversary!
Both versions of the 40 GB(Spiderman 3 BR bundle & vanilla) were price dropped to 299.99 today. Didn't see an expiration date on the signs, so I'm assuming that this is a deal that runs until the systems are OOS. Appears to be just in-store, as I can't even find either 40 on the TRU site. The 80 is still 399.99 though.

[quote name='J7.']Why do you guys have multiple PS3's sitting in your basements?[/quote]
Let me guess. Folding? BC backup? Sony fanboyism? Investment?

[quote name='dragilores']Be careful about putting in the basement, one of the people I know did that and the PS3 ended up suffering water damage.[/quote]

I know, its sitting on a tall table with nothing touching it.

[quote name='Knoxximus']No, it is a stupid question because EVERYBODY should know that NO 40GB PS3 SKU has EVER been backwards compatible. :drool:[/quote]

You are wrong about there never being a 40GB PS3 SKU with backward compability. The FIRST PS3 SKUs where the 20GB and the 40GB version, BOTH had backward compability. So in that sense, the question isn't stupid cause there WAS a 40gb PS3 that had backward compability.

I just picked one of these up with the Spider-Man Blu-Ray at my local store. I had thought about going for one of the 80gb deals, but I figured I could always just upgrade the hard drive later. Besides that, I really don't have to have rumble in my controller.

I also picked up a 8ft Monster HDMI cable for $19.99. I had planned to order one from Monoprice, but for $19.99 I figured I would rather have it now and not have to wait for shipping. Turns out the cable was mistagged (rang up $49.99), but the cashier went ahead and price adjusted it.

Can't wait to get home and try out the Kung Fu Panda Blu-Ray I purchased at BB.

I can also confirm this deal to be true. Got spiderman3 in the deal, came to $324 with tax. Now just to order an HDMI from monoprice...

bread's done
Back