Toys R' Us problem

TLPRIME

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I recently took advantage of the B2G1 free deal at TRU. Due to not having a TRU within 2 hours drive of where I live I had to use the online service to make my purchase. I ordered Saints Row 2, and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway and got Blitz the League 2 for free (I enjoyed the first one and Dead Space wasn't available on their crappy website).

Anyway as of today Blitz is still on preorder status and was available everywhere else on its Oct. 14th (maybe 17th?) release date. I've been checking the site routinely and the date keeps getting pushed back and right now it set for Nov. 4th (I should also mention that I have already received the 2 other games).

So I called TRU to find out whats up and basically got the run around, and they didn't have any info for me. They said I could cancel the order if I wish to, but why on earth would I want to cancel it when it's an item I have already technically paid for? which leads me to my next issue... When asked, the CS rep told me I could not switch the game to one that was in stock. I even asked if I could switch it to another game that came out the same week the promo was running, but no go. And I couldn't return the order for a full refund because I had already received and opened the 2 other games.

What this lady told me next blows my mind. She said I could change the order, but only while the promotion was running. As in I could change it next fall when they run it again (as far as I know they only run it once a year) I would hope this game would show up before a year passes by! lol!

Meanwhile everywhere else I look this game is in stock and available online or B&M, so I don't really understand how a retailer like TRU is having difficulty getting such a much wanted hot title (lol) like Blitz The League 2 in stock.

Very frustrating, and TRU probably lost a customer for good. And the waiting continues.....

Maybe TRU had a bunch of people pre-order the game from them, or more then their stock was, and they're waiting on copies from the supplier.

and TRU has started enforcing that policy of not allowing people to switch games bought during those sales, so that's prob why she wouldn't let you switch right now

[quote name='MrDubbs']Maybe TRU had a bunch of people pre-order the game from them, or more then their stock was, and they're waiting on copies from the supplier.

and TRU has started enforcing that policy of not allowing people to switch games bought during those sales, so that's prob why she wouldn't let you switch right now[/quote]

Maybe thinking that that's his "free" one... also. More pressure to not change/exchange/return because it value is 0.00.

I would just stick it out and see what happends. Sucks.

I would call back and talk to a different CSR about switching to a different game (especially since you can get Blitz II for $40 elsewhere). Explain that, if they are not willing to send you a different game, that you'd be willing to accept a gift card in the amount of $60 + tax. It is not your fault that they can not fulfill the order. You placed an order for "buy two get one free", you probably would not have been as inclined to place the order had they advertized the, apparently more accurate, "buy two get zero free". Be polite, but firm.

[quote name='guessed']I would call back and talk to a different CSR about switching to a different game (especially since you can get Blitz II for $40 elsewhere). Explain that, if they are not willing to send you a different game, that you'd be willing to accept a gift card in the amount of $60 + tax. It is not your fault that they can not fulfill the order. You placed an order for "buy two get one free", you probably would not have been as inclined to place the order had they advertised the, apparently more accurate, "buy two get zero free". Be polite, but firm.[/quote]

I called them again and tried the suggestions. Different rep, but they still would not bend at all. I got the same story. Cancel my order of a free game (lmao) or wait it out. I even politely asked why I would cancel the order since it would effectively ruin the purpose of their promotion and got the "we're sorry for the inconvenience" speech.

When asking about the gift card they said it was basically the same as asking for an exchange which they won't do.

[quote name='scorpiolaw']Supervisor time?[/quote]
yes, but I would be quite shocked if anything happens besides op having to wait. I ordered from them online 1 time. NEVER, ever again will I order from them online. I had the same thing happen except I hadn't recieved the items yet. Terrible runaround to get the rest of order cancelled. If I remember correct I got free shipping with a certain dollar amount ordered. The 1 out of stock cancelled item made my order less and they were trying to charge shipping.

They did this bullshit to me last winter. I'm never ordering from them again. My third game finally came, but it was a month and a half after I placed my order. (I ordered it around Nov. 25th or somewhere around there, I didn't get it until a week after New Years, almost six weeks after the game came out)

funny how since the TRU/amazon partnership ended amazon is one of the best website for games while TRU is one of the worst

UPDATE

pushed back again till 11/07....interestingly enough it's release date on Amazon is Nov.16th now... Did a UPS truck full of Blitz the League 2's get hijacked or something?? lol

bread's done
Back