Toys r US: Reward members 10% back

thingsfallnapart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Rite now you earn 10% back on every purchase you make at toys r us with the reward loyalty card.
on 12/16 so i was told you get an email with a certificate for your spent amount.

The real reason im bringing this up is to warn people that my two local toys r us have raised most of their toys and some new release games + 10 percent to "accommodate" this great "service they are doing for their reward members.

The jokes on them, I guess if you go into toys r us enough to be a reward member, you clearly will see what they are doing here.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Rite now you earn 10% back on every purchase you make at toys r us with the reward loyalty card.
on 12/16 so i was told you get an email with a certificate for your spent amount.

The real reason im bringing this up is to warn people that my two local toys r us have raised most of their toys and some new release games + 10 percent to "accommodate" this great "service they are doing for their reward members.

The jokes on them, I guess if you go into toys r us enough to be a reward member, you clearly will see what they are doing here.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? Because the store I work at still has the same prices for everything, and this promotion has been going on since October, so you are really late. Its ends the 24th this month btw.

some items have seen a slight increase... certain Lego sets for example. But the vast majority of stuff is the same. Video games, as this site mainly pertains to, have largely static prices at Toys r Us. Most of their deals are competitive this season it seems as well. I know the rewards certificates wont go out for 8-12 weeks after the holidays according to their website.

I've got like $20 coming back. This is a cool promo that I found out about in mid-November so I was kinda late as well.

TRU always has some prices that aren't MSRP, a $59.99 game will be priced $64.99 or some crazy number like $63.94 when they have the B2G1 promos etc.

[quote name='Donut2922']What's annoying is that they give it to you in $5 increments and certain certificates are for use during certain weeks.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they are doing that with the coupons you get with this promotion or not, i've been hearing different things.

[quote name='100xp']TRU always has some prices that aren't MSRP, a $59.99 game will be priced $64.99 or some crazy number like $63.94 when they have the B2G1 promos etc.[/QUOTE]

Out of the 3 years working at Toys R Us, this I have never seen, only place I know that does this is the Time Square Toys R Us. Thats very odd.

[quote name='100xp']TRU always has some prices that aren't MSRP, a $59.99 game will be priced $64.99 or some crazy number like $63.94 when they have the B2G1 promos etc.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen that.

hey, not saying it happens at every TRU but considering I've experienced it as well as the OP and a few others, it's something that...happens. The one at 440 NJ does it, the TRU near King's Plaza in NY, as well as the one on Route 4 that I've seen one more than one occasion.

[quote name='bigant262']I'm not sure if they are doing that with the coupons you get with this promotion or not, i've been hearing different things.

Out of the 3 years working at Toys R Us, this I have never seen, only place I know that does this is the Time Square Toys R Us. Thats very odd.[/QUOTE]

they do this at the white plains ny toysrus it is mad annoying. Bond bloodstone is 63.99 so is a couple others

[quote name='100xp']hey, not saying it happens at every TRU but considering I've experienced it as well as the OP and a few others, it's something that...happens. The one at 440 NJ does it, the TRU near King's Plaza in NY, as well as the one on Route 4 that I've seen one more than one occasion.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it might be a big city type of deal.

[quote name='emozolik']some items have seen a slight increase... certain Lego sets for example. But the vast majority of stuff is the same. Video games, as this site mainly pertains to, have largely static prices at Toys r Us. Most of their deals are competitive this season it seems as well. I know the rewards certificates wont go out for 8-12 weeks after the holidays according to their website.[/QUOTE]

Tons of stuff has increased over the past 3 weeks. I just had to do about 25 pages of markups this morning. Including previously clearance or low price games.

Man I haven't been to the Kings Plaza location in about 15 years, I forgot it was there.

I've never seen a TRU up the prices for sales and when I worked there all prices, except for the red tags, were set by corporate, the store couldn't up the price themselves. But living in Hawaii now I do get to see the great higher prices by area effect, $64.99 for random games, no thanks.

[quote name='profanedic']I've never seen a TRU up the prices for sales and when I worked there all prices, except for the red tags, were set by corporate, the store couldn't up the price themselves. But living in Hawaii now I do get to see the great higher prices by area effect, $64.99 for random games, no thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's been price madness since thanksgiving. Operation is on sale this week, and the price increased this morning.

Marvel Legends are up to 34.99 from 19.99/29.99 and Masterpiece Grimlock was 59.99, now is 69.99. Yeah,they are jacking fools!

bread's done
Back