Toys R Us Reward Program

Kakkarrot23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I didn't see this on the main page so I felt it was important especially with the TRU buy 2 get 1 free sale going on. Starting today you can sign up for the Toys R Us reward program. For every $150 you spend starting today until Dec 24 you will get a $5 coupon. Also, just for signing up you will get a code for free shipping (shipping cost up $15).

For those of you ordering online games you can sign up for this first and the get free shipping on the games and get credit towards your first coupon.

https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/index.cfm

You can print out a temporary card to take to the store with you today onward. The program became active today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they would manually apply the free shipping code to existing preorders? I placed a preorder using the 20% off code last week.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Won't let me sign up...the "Enroll Now" button acts as the Edit button...and so does the Edit ofcourse.[/QUOTE]

it tells you what you've done wrong... i.e. only alpha-numeric characters in your address. fix those problems, and it will go through... took me a few times as well.

It's not letting me use the free shipping credit with an order that includes B2G1 games. It says something vague about not applying to this type of purchase. Also, it keeps resetting my password for some reason. This is lame.

[quote name='zenintrude']it tells you what you've done wrong... i.e. only alpha-numeric characters in your address. fix those problems, and it will go through... took me a few times as well.[/quote]

Well that was weird...who knew "Ave." wouldn't be acceptable abbreviation for Avenue...Thanks Zenitrude that worked!

[quote name='bojay1997']It's not letting me use the free shipping credit with an order that includes B2G1 games. It says something vague about not applying to this type of purchase. Also, it keeps resetting my password for some reason. This is lame.[/QUOTE]

lame... well there goes that idea.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's not letting me use the free shipping credit with an order that includes B2G1 games. It says something vague about not applying to this type of purchase. Also, it keeps resetting my password for some reason. This is lame.[/quote]

totally lame because TRU in retail space is a HUGE waste of space.

I won't order online because of the shipping costs.

Tax be damned but at least I could then get the games that might be offered but NOT in stores online, but shipping always kills those deals.

I guess it's nice to finally have a code... but come on....

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I wonder if it's too risky to cancel and reorder the Fallout 3 collector's edition.[/quote]

Retro Credit

If you need to contact us about a purchase transaction for which you did not receive reward credit or you feel that a mistake has occurred, please let us know. To request missing credit, please enter your purchase information below:

I don't know if that means if your order didn't ship yet... they don't have a date of when it "starts"

Diaper Rewards totally sold me.

I'll try to buy the games I want with the shipping code if a final TRU doesn't carry Bleach DS 2 (and I'm forced to buy non-qualified free shipping games online)

Any chance the retro credit for the B2G1F will actually work on purchases made from 10/12 - 10/14? Or is a return/rebuy in order?

[quote name='pinata242']Any chance the retro credit for the B2G1F will actually work on purchases made from 10/12 - 10/14? Or is a return/rebuy in order?[/quote]

If you signed up and look at their example, they have a start date of 10/1/08...

so it could work, but you will have to see about entering the information.

it's a gamble... if your order shipped, you can try it now and see if it's credited.... Anyone want to report back?

Apparently they just started this program, because I stopped by TRU this morning to try and get the b2g1 deal and the workers were telling everyone at checkout about this new rewards program, didnt think much of it but maybe I could be wrong.

[quote name='xycury']If you signed up and look at their example, they have a start date of 10/1/08...

so it could work, but you will have to see about entering the information.

it's a gamble... if your order shipped, you can try it now and see if it's credited.... Anyone want to report back?[/QUOTE]

I did submit my 10/13 B&M receipt info and it said the submission was "saved". I assume there's some sort of automatic or manual review process that'll verify it. I imagine it'll get rejected as being < 10/15/2008, but we'll see tomorrow I guess.

While the $5 coupon for every $150 is only good if you spend that much money at TRU anyway, the free shipping code is pretty damn sweet.

[quote name='pinata242']I did submit my 10/13 B&M receipt info and it said the submission was "saved". I assume there's some sort of automatic or manual review process that'll verify it. I imagine it'll get rejected as being < 10/15/2008, but we'll see tomorrow I guess.[/quote]
Ditto.

And note that the free shipping code becomes valid at 6am tomorrow.

[quote name='botticus']Ditto.

And note that the free shipping code becomes valid at 6am tomorrow.[/quote]

How did you find that out? Maybe wasn't reading all the fine print...

but if it's tomorrow, then maybe a purchase for the b2g1 free... might need to place...

from the rewards page with the shipping code

"Please note that this coupon is valid from 6:00 am EDT 10/16/2008 to 11:59 pm EDT on 11/16/2008."

[quote name='*Deathblade2']from the rewards page with the shipping code

"Please note that this coupon is valid from 6:00 am EDT 10/16/2008 to 11:59 pm EDT on 11/16/2008."[/quote]

nice, so it's solid for a month.

That is really good news. Thanks for finding it!

[quote name='*Deathblade2']from the rewards page with the shipping code

"Please note that this coupon is valid from 6:00 am EDT 10/16/2008 to 11:59 pm EDT on 11/16/2008."[/QUOTE]

The validity of the code seems to depend a little on when you signed up for the program. Tricky! Mine shows 10/17/2008....

[quote name='bmarquardt']OK, for those who have a free shipping code finally valid for today (10/16), can you stack it with the "buy 2/get 3rd free" promo?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I signed up last night, tried it this morning and it didn't work, but I wasn't paying enough attention so mine mightve started 10/17.

[quote name='life.exe']For those parents who post here, for every nine boxes of diapers you buy you get one free with this card.[/quote]

You should also look into Costco membership if you have one in your area. Or Sam's Club. I think I was paying $25 for 188 diapers. I couldn't find anything near as cheap as Costco.

Still rewards are better then nothing.

[quote name='EvilIA']You should also look into Costco membership if you have one in your area. Or Sam's Club. I think I was paying $25 for 188 diapers. I couldn't find anything near as cheap as Costco.[/quote]
$25 a box of diapers?! It couldn't be Costco. Diapers cost around $35-40 a box there.

[quote name='pinata242']Any chance the retro credit for the B2G1F will actually work on purchases made from 10/12 - 10/14? Or is a return/rebuy in order?[/quote]

Yes, they will do it if you ask nicely. They rerang me out for a wii I bought sunday along with 200 in games I bought.. :)

My dad said he went to his local TRU today to buy some games for Christmas presents, and when they gave him this reward card, he also got 10% off his purchase. Guess that's the B&M equivalent of free shipping, or it could have been YMMV.

Wow.

As par for the course with TRU, a mess but one that could be good.

The first time I tried to register, it looked like it went through but did not, with no clue given what went wrong. I kept trying to login and it didn't like it, and finally told me it didn't recognize my email address.

Did it again (with exactly the same info) and it worked. It even accepted my retro credit, but it doesn't show up yet.

I was having the same problem. I kept trying to log in on different computers and everything. Thanks for posting to try registering again. It worked for me.

bread's done
Back