Toys R Us SALE - Rock Band 3 for $9.98

$9.98 is the clearance price. Maybe you'll be lucky to find the Xbox 360 version in store.

I think this was in the TRU clearance thread because I vaguely remember reading about this yesterday or someone posted it elesewhere. But nevertheless, thank you for reminding me about what to look out for at TRU.

If you can actually find this, that's a hell of a deal. Not available online and none of the 5 stores within 50 miles of me have it. If you're lucky enough to score a copy, it's the pinnacle of the music game genre. Hell, it's the only title still relevant in the genre, but that doesn't make it any less of a fantastic game.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']If you can actually find this, that's a hell of a deal. Not available online and none of the 5 stores within 50 miles of me have it. If you're lucky enough to score a copy, it's the pinnacle of the music game genre. Hell, it's the only title still relevant in the genre, but that doesn't make it any less of a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]
That is quite possibly the best Sig ive ever seen.....EVER! lol

I just looked from Tampa, FL for the PS3 version and no luck within 50miles either. [ Brandon, Clearwater, Port Richey, Brandenton and Lakeland ] all come up with nothing. Get deal for whomever can find it.

I wish this included the 360 version. Is this game really gone from shelves? Is there a Rock Band 4 on the near horizon then? It seems like RB3 just came out not that long ago.

So this is what I'm thinking:

MK - $40
RB3 - $9.98
Small filler

Tomorrow I'll go use the $10 off $50 coupon and the MK $10 off coupon. Total will be $30 + tax. Will this work?

[quote name='crunchewy']I wish this included the 360 version. Is this game really gone from shelves? Is there a Rock Band 4 on the near horizon then? It seems like RB3 just came out not that long ago.[/QUOTE]

I think I saw something yesterday confirming that there wouldn't be a Rock Band 4 coming in the near future.

Rock Band 3 is so damn good. People should buy this.

[quote name='chuckywang']So this is what I'm thinking:

MK - $40
RB3 - $9.98
Small filler

Tomorrow I'll go use the $10 off $50 coupon and the MK $10 off coupon. Total will be $30 + tax. Will this work?[/QUOTE]

Did you get that coupon on top of the sale/coupon book TRU sent out? Mine had a 20% off coupon instead, but I think for only 1 item, non video game :/

[quote name='chuckywang']So this is what I'm thinking:

MK - $40
RB3 - $9.98
Small filler

Tomorrow I'll go use the $10 off $50 coupon and the MK $10 off coupon. Total will be $30 + tax. Will this work?[/QUOTE]
These coupons usually exclude video games now, too, along with 100 other things. They used to work on video games but changed semi-recently. Even if it says it excludes video games, it's worth a shot. I've had them work before, so maybe your cashier will be cool enough to scan it and see what happens. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

good price, now i wish i didn't buy it for $20

it has some freezing glitches...and i only like a couple of the songs

I can confirm the Xbox 360 version is also $9.98. The TRU in Times Square had them and the Wii versions in a clearance bin near the entrance. Didn't see any PS3 versions.

how can you store check the 360 version if theres no link for it online? Im curious if mine has it but its a couple towns over

by the way does rockband 3 work with the guitar hero controller?

[quote name='Kenshindono']
by the way does rockband 3 work with the guitar hero controller?[/QUOTE]

Depends. For 360 and PS3 they do. For Wii....not too sure. I know one of the series (RB or GH) only supported 1 company of guitars. Not sure if they ever fixed it.

im asking about the 360 version. I have the guitar hero 3 guitar will that work with the rockband series? I remember one was compatibal with the other company but the other was not. forgot which was witch

[quote name='Kenshindono']im asking about the 360 version. I have the guitar hero 3 guitar will that work with the rockband series? I remember one was compatibal with the other company but the other was not. forgot which was witch[/QUOTE]
The guitar hero controllers work across all the games on the 360. You'll be fine.

[quote name='whitereflection']I can confirm the Xbox 360 version is also $9.98. The TRU in Times Square had them and the Wii versions in a clearance bin near the entrance. Didn't see any PS3 versions.[/QUOTE]

Had? So there's no more? Damn, was gonna check while on break in 5 minutes..

Is it possible to use RB2 instruments with RB3? I know the instruments have changed for RB3, but I'm wondering if I'd lose a lot of function if I tried to use the old ones?

All instruments work for Rock Band 3. Just like the Guitar Hero games, the instruments are exactly the same. Guitar still has only five buttons, a strum bar, and a whammy bar. The only difference is that you can now use a keyboard and "real" guitars for pro mode. Actually, I think pro drums needs the cymbals meaning no RB1 drum kit. I think so at least.

FYI, store locators aren't the most accurate. If you really want the game, check out your local store regardless of what the store locator says.

I got the last 360 copy in Naperville, IL. 2 ps3 copies left around 6pm tonight.

nothing in the Schaumburg, IL location. hope that helps someone!

I got lucky. Called a store and asked the guy to hold a 360 copy for me, he said they had plenty and he wouldn't need to. Got there 15 minutes later and bought the only one they had. (Columbia, MD)

[quote name='ryheeles']I got lucky. Called a store and asked the guy to hold a 360 copy for me, he said they had plenty and he wouldn't need to. Got there 15 minutes later and bought the only one they had. (Columbia, MD)[/QUOTE]

That is so typical.

[quote name='cheeky']I'm not sure I can endorse the practice of giving every clearance game its own thread...[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but it happens infrequently and not everyone checks the clearance thread as much as others. I know i just recently started cruising them more often. I don't think he saw this in the clearance thread and was like bam, more saw it in store and thought to share.

Thanks a ton! I just picked this up along with a powergig bundle for $25 at BB. Terrible guitar but its cheaper than any other for PS3. I have a mic as well, so i'm stoked. I also got Nier for $9.98.

[quote name='Kenshindono']im asking about the 360 version. I have the guitar hero 3 guitar will that work with the rockband series? I remember one was compatibal with the other company but the other was not. forgot which was witch[/QUOTE]

I only play the Rock Band series and only own Guitar Hero peripherals.

[quote name='cheeky']I'm not sure I can endorse the practice of giving every clearance game its own thread...[/QUOTE]

Ok everyone, stop everything until this guy decides if he can endorse this practice.

:)

Crap, I think the game I bought is defective. It doesn't get recognized at all in the PS3. Looks like I'll have to return it to EA for a replacement.

[quote name='Gojimaster']Isn't gamestop still taking these towards the trade-in of La Noire?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they are. I just checked the trade in list.
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire

[quote name='Luxuria']All instruments work for Rock Band 3. Just like the Guitar Hero games, the instruments are exactly the same. Guitar still has only five buttons, a strum bar, and a whammy bar. The only difference is that you can now use a keyboard and "real" guitars for pro mode. Actually, I think pro drums needs the cymbals meaning no RB1 drum kit. I think so at least.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks...is 'pro mode' something separate from higher difficulties? I'd like to play on hard or expert but still use the old instruments if possible. I really don't care about keyboard, although I may have to order cymbals for my RB2 set if that's the case.

[quote name='Double-J']Many thanks...is 'pro mode' something separate from higher difficulties? I'd like to play on hard or expert but still use the old instruments if possible. I really don't care about keyboard, although I may have to order cymbals for my RB2 set if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

You have to get the new instruments for the pro mode. Pro Mode is separate from expert.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Store locator says there isn't a PS3 copy in my zip code. :([/QUOTE]

Same here, but as others have said, TRU is notorious for saying this and then having a stack of these games, and vice versa - I needed to pick up Wii motion plus last year and the site said they had them in stock...when I arrived at my local TRU, the guy said they hadn't carried them for like 6 months. Ugh.

I just had a copy I bought at 19.99 from TRU that I decided to return on Sunday to get Mortal Kombat. Had I known it would drop I would have kept it and price adjusted. Ugh!

[quote name='D_Icon']So we could trade two copies of RB3 at GameStop to get $50 credit towards L.A. Noire?[/QUOTE]

Rockband 3 no longer eligible for the promotion

[quote name='Double-J']Is it possible to use RB2 instruments with RB3? I know the instruments have changed for RB3, but I'm wondering if I'd lose a lot of function if I tried to use the old ones?[/QUOTE]

I almost cannot believe how many "Does this work" questions are out there for RockBand.
Probably Harmonix/Activision's biggest snafu in releasing SO MANY different games and controllers.
Harmonix has an EXCELLENT support site located HERE

Here is the instrument Compatibility list PER HARMONIX
Note: in RB3 EVERYTHING is compatible if the system supports it!
RockBand3 was also NEVER released as a "BAND" bundle. So it HAS to support existing instruments.

Here is the link on how to get DLC (DownLoadable Content) Nearly 3000 songs!

How To export content from all the various DISC based RockBand versions:
Note: that the redemption codes on almost all are ONE TIME USE so buy NEW, NOT USED!
(Beatles cannot be exported due to their strict licensing)

Differences between RockBand versions

What the hell is this Pro Guitar/Bass all about?
Notes:
1) You can play Rockband just fine without the $279 Fender Squier, available only at BestBuy
2) You will also need the $40 MIDI adapter to use the (real) Fender guitar.
3) You can use the MadCatz $150 (plastic) Pro Guitar
4) Available Pro tracks cost $1 more as an upgrade from standard tracks which are typically $2.
5) Identifying songs that play with Pro Guitar, Keyboard, Drums, or Harmonies

And listen to RockBand tracks on Radio.com/Last.FM

Ironic, just bought this yesterday at Toysrus for the clearance $9.98 price just saw it and bought it, didnt think to check the clearance thread, just reassures my "cool I just got a good deal" feeling.

bread's done
Back