Toys r us skylanders sale (04/26/14 ONLY)

Sammyhm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Got an email yesterday from toys r us

Save 25 dls on all swap force starter packs (sale: 39.99 reg. 64.99) on PS4 WII U & X1

2 for 22.00 on all swap force figures (reg. 16.99)

Free lightcore hex figure with the purchase of any Swapforce light figure.

I dont own any of these games but thinking og getting it what do you guys think? I would post the pictures but not sure how to do it on my phone :/

Got an email yesterday from toys r us

Save 25 dls on all swap force starter packs (sale: 39.99 reg. 64.99) on PS4 WII U & X1

2 for 22.00 on all swap force figures (reg. 16.99)

Free lightcore hex figure with the purchase of any Swapforce light figure.

I dont own any of these games but thinking og getting it what do you guys think? I would post the pictures but not sure how to do it on my phone :/
do your wallet a favor and stay away

They're not amazing deals but fairly decent.

Walmart had the starter sets for $37.50 a few days before Black Friday.

Amazon has sold specific (not all) Swap Force characters for $7 as lightning deals.

I believe Newegg had starter sets for $35-$40 recently.

If you can wait 6-8 months, there will likely be deals on starter sets for $10-$20 somewhere. I picked up The original and Giants starter sets in that neighborhood within the last few months.

do your wallet a favor and stay away
No joke. Ive never owned a skylanders game until last week when Toys R Us had the starter packs on sale for $32.49. They also had the buy one game get one 40% off, which stacked with the sale price. Then I used 2 Happy Meal $10 coupons. And me and a buddy went in together to get 2 starter packs.
Saved a lot on the starter pack, but have since spent over $100 on the figures. And that was paying sale price on the figures. It can get very expensive if you want to unlock everything in the game.
BEWARE!

Just last week TRU had the starter sets for $32.49. If you combined the $10 off coupon from Mcdonald's Happy Meals it brought it down to $22.49. I guess you could still use the coupon to bring it down, but it's too bad you missed last week's deal.

Edit: or what Lubu said, wow nice deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, got the e-mail as well.

For what it's worth, Swap-Force is really fun, and you don't need to buy any additional figures to beat the game, but you will need at least one of each element and mobility type if you want to unlock all the extras.

Yep, got the e-mail as well.

For what it's worth, Swap-Force is really fun, and you don't need to buy any additional figures to beat the game, but you will need at least one of each element and mobility type if you want to unlock all the extras.
and one giant

Well, the giant is just for "coins" or whatever.  It doesn't actually unlock any new areas/hats.

No joke. Ive never owned a skylanders game until last week when Toys R Us had the starter packs on sale for $32.49. They also had the buy one game get one 40% off, which stacked with the sale price. Then I used 2 Happy Meal $10 coupons. And me and a buddy went in together to get 2 starter packs.
Saved a lot on the starter pack, but have since spent over $100 on the figures. And that was paying sale price on the figures. It can get very expensive if you want to unlock everything in the game.
BEWARE!

Not shabby at all. I'm the same as you, never got anything Skylanders until very recently. I was traveling last week and stopped at a best buy. Found an old and original Skylanders mega pack that was originally $100 clearanced out, with my GCU discount it came to $15 after tax. It had the full game with three figures, plus two full add on packs on one big box set.

My son got swap force for his bday this week (thanks mcd & tru). He's already up to 60 figs thanks to all the ridiculous sales. Will be heading to tru on sat so he can use his remaining gc to get the last 4 swappables he needs.

We're just waiting on Doom Stone and that'll be it for SF. Preordered Trap Team last night so on to that I suppose. The boy is up to 120 or so for the first three games.

BEWARE!
Well, that's not completely true, especially if you play across platforms.

If you buy both the DS and a console version, you end up with 4 figures of different element types. You really only need 4 other element types from there.

Then you just need one giant, so if you buy the starter set for giants, you're set there.

Then if you buy the Skylanders Swap Force starters, you get 4 of the movement and 4 of the element types- meaning you only need 4 of the other movement types, which if you choose wisely, you get coverage of the other 4 element types as well.

While you won't have absolutely all the things, but with the exception of special levels and items, you can open all the gates in all the games with less than 20 figures, and just from buying the game bundle itself, you'll have more than half of those.

And if you don't care about opening all the gates, you don't need and figures beyond the pack-ins!

It's really easy to do Skylanders on the cheap. Especially if you watch for deals, and remember that just about every year the newest version is a doorbuster at 2-3 different big box stores.

Save for store exclusive or season exclusive figures, I've never payed retail for anything Skylanders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's not completely true, especially if you play across platforms.
If you buy both the DS and a console version, you end up with 4 figures of different element types. You really only need 4 other element types from there.
Then you just need one giant, so if you buy the starter set for giants, you're set there.
Then if you buy the Skylanders Swap Force starters, you get 4 of the movement and 4 of the element types- meaning you only need 4 of the other movement types, which if you choose wisely, you get coverage of the other 4 element types as well.

While you won't have absolutely all the things, but with the exception of special levels and items, you can open all the gates in all the games with less than 20 figures, and just from buying the game bundle itself, you'll have more than half of those.

And if you don't care about opening all the gates, you don't need and figures beyond the pack-ins!
It's really easy to do Skylanders on the cheap. Especially if you watch for deals, and remember that just about every year the newest version is a doorbuster at 2-3 different big box stores.

Save for store exclusive or season exclusive figures, I've never payed retail for anything Skylanders.
I probably should have been clearer on my post. I didn't have to buy so many figures. I bought them to collect them. Its true you only need 1 of each element and 1 of each ability type.
My post was more of a warning to those, who like me, tend to be completionists at time, in which case, collecting the figures can get expensive. Each figure I bought was on sale at $4 a piece, with 3 packs being $10.
I was able to get each element covered, and a couple of giants. The starter pack comes with only 2 Ability figures, the third doesn't have one. So I guess I'll be taking advantage of the 2 for $22 sale so I can have one of each Ability and be able to unlock all gates and chests.

bread's done
Back