Toys R Us "Super Deals for Super Dads" sale starting June 10th - 16th.

evil_twin

CAGiversary!
Toys R Us Super Deals for June 10th - 16th

(I did a search and I could not find if this was previously posted on the CAG.)
(Maybe Cheapy can but this in next weeks uber thread)

XBOX 360

2 Free XBOX 360 Games ($90 value) when you buy ANY XBOX 360 System.
•1st free game will be Spiderman 3
•2nd free game will either Viva Pinata or Fuzion Frenzy 2.

Guitar Hero 2 plus X-Plorer Guitar Controller - $89.99
Forza 2 - $59.99
Surf's Up - $49.99
Xbox Live 4000 Points Card (also works with Zune) - $49.99

Wii

Mario Party 8 - $49.99
Spider-Man 3 - $39.99 (Save $10.00)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $29.99 (Save $20.00)
Call of Duty 3 - $19.99 (save $30.00)

Nintendo Wii Console $249.99 (Limit 1 game system per customer)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End $49.99
((Free $10 gift card with purchase of Nintendo Wii or Nintendo DS & POTC: At World's End (In store Only)))

Big Brain Academy Wii Degree - $49.99 (In-store Tuesday, June 12th by 5pm.)

Nintendo DS

Nintendo DS Lite Game System - $129.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End $29.99

Holy cow im jumping on COD3 for $19!!!!!!!! I missed out on the deal they had a while back. Thanks OP!!!

is it on website too, or just in-store only. If it's on the website , u can google checkout for only 10 bucks.

[quote name='ljames2332']is it on website too, or just in-store only. If it's on the website , u can google checkout for only 10 bucks.[/quote]
I think $10 off GCO deal is dead.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Interesting. They're giving away a 10 dollar gift card for a system that sells out. Maybe supply is overidding interest in the system finally?[/QUOTE]

No, they are giving you a $10 GC if you buy a crappy licenced game for $50 (along with the Wii) :rofl:. Personally, I'd just get the Wii and skip the "promo" GC.

And besides, have you looked at eBay recently? The fuckers have GONE UP in recent weeks.

COD 3 (wii) is $19.99 right now on TRU's website..,but there's no GCO discount anymore, otherwise id buy it now! Im going to wait till sunday. It's like $24 shipped.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Interesting. They're giving away a 10 dollar gift card for a system that sells out. Maybe supply is overidding interest in the system finally?[/quote]
When I bought my Wii, they gave me a $30 gift card if I bought Sonic Wii, and this was 2 months ago. They sold out 100+ in 30 minutes.

I rented TMNT at my son's urging and found it to be an enjoyable game. Better than the 5/10 or 6/10 reviews that i read. There's nothing unique to the game, but it's a fun distraction. At $30 it's not a bad deal at all.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Interesting. They're giving away a 10 dollar gift card for a system that sells out. Maybe supply is overidding interest in the system finally?[/quote]

Its slowly is but not totally. We had 36 Wiis at my target last sunday and the last one didn't sell til 1 or 2pm and everytime before that they would be a big line, more than the units that we had before 7 am.

[quote name='Sway']Really interested in COD3 for the Wii. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

I bought this from GameStop used because I was worried about the controls sucking bad. The good thing was the controls weren't bad at all, except for the few motion control sequences but I got past those, the thing that really killed it for me was the shadows. See the shadows aren't only underneath things, like soldiers and items, they are also above them and sometimes even up walls if the object was against it. Something about shadows on the floor and the ceiling just drove me nuts. :lol: Especially when there's games like Doom 3 where lighting is damn close to perfect. Oh and one other thing it's damn short, I finished it in a couple days and with bad lighting and no multi-player there was no reason to keep it, so it got returned real quick. I must admit I liked the aiming part of the controls a lot and can't wait for a top notch FPS to come to the Wii. I wouldn't mind seeing some that wasn't GameCube ported over like Doom 3 or Call of Cthulhu.

[quote name='beltresea38']Its slowly is but not totally. We had 36 Wiis at my target last sunday and the last one didn't sell til 1 or 2pm and everytime before that they would be a big line, more than the units that we had before 7 am.[/QUOTE]
Well it HAS been out since November. Maybe people are just tired of striking out trying to get their hands on one for 6+ months! :D

[quote name='evil_twin']Nintendo DS Lite Game System - $129.99
[/quote]
That's MSRP, and they're not hard to find... why even advertise that?

[quote name='beltresea38']Its slowly is but not totally. We had 36 Wiis at my target last sunday and the last one didn't sell til 1 or 2pm and everytime before that they would be a big line, more than the units that we had before 7 am.[/quote]

so 36 wii's sold in what, 5 hours? This is the sign of supply overriding interest? Haha.

[quote name='schuerm26']so 36 wii's sold in what, 5 hours? This is the sign of supply overriding interest? Haha.[/quote]

Lets see every time that we have had Wiis there has been a big line by 6-6:30 am of more people than units and then another line of dumb parents that come at 7:55 thinking they getting one. Well lets see I think its a sign because we still had 5-10 when I got in at noon and I know we didn't sell the last ones til about 2.

If you want COD 3 at that price, you might want to buy before it goes on sale and then price match later. I went to TRU during lunch and they only had one copy in the store...

[quote name='beltresea38']Lets see every time that we have had Wiis there has been a big line by 6-6:30 am of more people than units and then another line of dumb parents that come at 7:55 thinking they getting one. Well lets see I think its a sign because we still had 5-10 when I got in at noon and I know we didn't sell the last ones til about 2.[/quote]

When supply is higher than interest they will be on the shelves for days (and more) at a time, NOT 5 hours at a time.

[quote name='schuerm26']When supply is higher than interest they will be on the shelves for days (and more) at a time, NOT 5 hours at a time.[/quote]

I dunno if its been mentioned already but you guys should also take into account the fact that Nintendo has increased production on Wii consoles so if the consoles are still selling very well but not quite as extreme as before, then it could still very well mean the Wii is a super-hot item.

I remember when I first got mine. My local Toys R Us got 60 in that day. By around 2:00 (when I arrived), 58 had already been sold (and they open at 10:00 I believe). Needless to say, by 2:10, 59 had been sold. And I wouldn't be surprised if somebody bought #60 shortly after I left. And yes, this was AFTER Nintendo increased production on Wiis.

[quote name='beltresea38']Lets see every time that we have had Wiis there has been a big line by 6-6:30 am of more people than units and then another line of dumb parents that come at 7:55 thinking they getting one. Well lets see I think its a sign because we still had 5-10 when I got in at noon and I know we didn't sell the last ones til about 2.[/quote]

It depends where you live, where I live, we have quite a few Targets, and they all sold out at opening, this week there has been a high demand, all Gamestops , and Walmarts sold out quick too. Maybe graduation presents ?

[quote name='cwalker3']If you want COD 3 at that price, you might want to buy before it goes on sale and then price match later. I went to TRU during lunch and they only had one copy in the store...[/QUOTE]

Well, I have the ad and here are scans of the video games mentioned in the original post. The first scan is the front and the second is of the back.

For those that don't have high speed internet or don't want to look at it here:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/cdeener/tru.jpg (front)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/cdeener/tru1.jpg (back)

Front
tru.jpg

Back
tru1.jpg

[quote name='zman73']Picked up COD3 from CC today to price adjust to 17 dollars tomorrow with the TRU ad... thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing the same thing but I just went today and just had them PM the ad so I got it for the 20 it says in the ad plus it was the only copy they had.

Funny thing though was that the clerk that helped me was a female who was surprised that a store had a $50 game on sale for $20 so I already knew I would be able to do the extra 10% off.

*sigh* that's all they have for Father's Day? Looking for a PSP or PS2 bundle deals and no dice... Interested in TRU b/c the CC got 10% back promotion till the end of this month.

Just remember if you get this game, DO NOT PLAY IT ON NORMAL VIDEO CABLES! Try and at least play it on S-video or hd... It will be very hard to play if your using normal AV cables since there are lots of "little things" that will get pixelated.

Does anybody know if the free games come packaged any differently with the 360. The reason I ask is because I was planning on picking up one, but I don't want any of those games. I was going to try and pull a "got these for my birthday, don't want them can I get store credit for something else" with Best Buy or Target or something. Does anybody know if this would work, I've returned games in the past without a receipt but it's been awhile. Will they still give you the credit that the game is currently selling for?? Any help would be appreciated.

When I got my Wii bundle from TRU a few months ago, all the games and accessories were itemized separately and I got a gift receipt where all the items separate. I was able to return one of the games at a later date for store credit and got another game. I assume it's similar for all bundles.

[quote name='Jlong1002']Does anybody know if the free games come packaged any differently with the 360. The reason I ask is because I was planning on picking up one, but I don't want any of those games. I was going to try and pull a "got these for my birthday, don't want them can I get store credit for something else" with Best Buy or Target or something. Does anybody know if this would work, I've returned games in the past without a receipt but it's been awhile. Will they still give you the credit that the game is currently selling for?? Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

I got the XBOX yesterday with the two games. They are not bundled together; they are packaged separately. I'm planning on doing exactly what you explained. Hopefully it works.

[quote name='Vegan']That's MSRP, and they're not hard to find... why even advertise that?[/QUOTE]

Because, as scary as this sounds--- they still sell like hotcakes.

In other news, the COD3 deal is OOS online.

It's a moot point now, but they do the gift card promo with the system+game to ratchet up the attach rate for the consoles.

I'm probably going to try and pick up a 360 this week, anybody have info on TRU's warranty for consoles?

And has anyone had success returning the games they gave you? I really don't want Spiderman 3...

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Crap!

I just got an elite last week at Circuit City! :cry: Figures...[/quote]

If B&M deal is same as online -

"HOW IT WORKS
To Participate, add an eligible Xbox 360 system, Xbox 360: Spider-Man 3 Vidoe Game, and Xbox 360 Viva Pinata or Xbox 360: Fuzion Frenzy 2 video game to your cart. Maximum discount of 2 free video games per order. Xbox 360: Elite System is not included in this promotion."

I don't think you could do this anymore.... you can't return (even for store credit) something w/o receipt... i think the store got "smart."

anyhow, not so true for Costco purchases... personally, i don't know how it make any money with those people abusing the return policy like hell.

bread's done
Back