Toys R Us (TRU) VG Deals in da "Back to School Super Sale Ad" - July 22th - 28th.

evil_twin

CAGiversary!
THE CONSOLES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nintendo DS Value Pack - $149.97 (Save $40)

Value Pack includes -
- A Nintendo DS Game System (Onyx, Coral Pink or Polar White)
- Your choice of Transformers: Autobots or Transformers: Decepticons
- Plus a choice between a pink or a black NDS Starter Kit (Styles may vary by store)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS2 Value Pack - $149.97 (Save $35)

Value Pack includes -
- A Silver or Black PS2
- A PS2 Freedom Pad (An ugly 3rd Party Controller)
- A PS2 copy of Ratatouille
Playstation 3 60GB - $499.99
XBOX 360 - $399.99 (Free $50 Gift Card - In Store Only)

- The ad shows 1 SKU and that is for the Premium version
- I don't know if the Core or the Elite is also included in this Gift Card giveaway
Nintendo Wii - $249.99
(Limit 1 per customer.)

Buy a Wii and purchase one of the following Wii games...
- Big Brain Academy - $49.99
- Pokemon Battle Revolution - $49.99
- Mario Party 8 - $49.99
...and get a Free Wii Controller Glove ($9.99 Value) (in-Store Only)
THE GAMES

Madden 08

- Availiable for all Systems
- Only $5 to reserve your copy
- $5 deposit required at the time of reservation and will be applied to purchased price.
- Free $5 Gift Card when you pick up your reserved copy of Madden 08 - In-store only
- In stores on 8/14
- Madden Gift Card expires 10/31/07, except in CT, ME, NH & VT

All Pro Football 2K8 (360) - $59.99
NCAA 08 (PS2) - $49.99
Super Paper Mario (Wii) - $49.99
Pirates of the Caribbean (Wii) - $39.99
Shrek The Third (Wii) - $39.99
Hot Shot Tennis (PS2) - $29.99
Harry Potter & The Order of The Phoenix (PS2) - $39.99
Diddy Kong Racing (NDS) - $29.99
Super Mario Bros. (NDS) - $34.99
Planet Puzzle League (NDS) - $29.99
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is also a 55% Clearance Blowout going on this week also.

I'm intrigued by the 55% clearance blowout. Any idea what that means? 55% off the already clearanced prices?

Also, how depressing is it to have "back to school" sales in July?

edit: I now see the other thread about the 55% clearance.

[quote name='gordonmj']I'm intrigued by the 55% clearance blowout. Any idea what that means? 55% off the already clearanced prices?

Also, how depressing is it to have "back to school" sales in July?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's an extra 15% OFF already clearance price.

[quote name='gordonmj']I'm intrigued by the 55% clearance blowout. Any idea what that means? 55% off the already clearanced prices?

[/QUOTE]

I actually find it more depressing that video games are being advertised in a "back to school" sale ad.

I mean, I love games, but seriously.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I actually find it more depressing that video games are being advertised in a "back to school" sale ad.

I mean, I love games, but seriously.[/quote]

Well said and hilarious! HA HA! :applause:

Its ridiculous, School around here starts September 14th. well see Halloween Decor by the 1st to 2nd week in September and Christmas By late October!

Well fall term starts the end of August, so last week of July results in a month of gaming I suppose. Been doing 3 semester years for the last few, so no summer here..

Nothing really great on the list, and I don't even wanna know wtf a wii glove is (unless it's the old badass game glove from the glory days...but at 9.99 retail I doubt that)

bread's done
Back