Toys R Us TRU XBOX 360 Blue Dragon $39.99

diablofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was at the local TRU (Middle Village, Queens, NY) yesterday and saw that they were clearing out Blue Dragon XBOX 360 for $39.99

it may be just mine but i highly doubt it, it was advertised with the tag the same way they have for the wii b2g1 promo

games probably wasn't the best RPG but some of you may want to check it out.

It was 39.99 as part of the Fri/Sat Doorbuster Sale. I'm willing to bet someone forgot to take the sign down saturday night/sunday morning.

Did you happen to check the active dates at the bottom of the sign?

I played the demo and the battle system is this strange combination of traditional in all of the worst ways and overly complex in terms of new mechanics and additions.

Plus the voice acting is so, so terrible. In its own way, it's worse than Enchanted Arms.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I played the demo... [/quote]

The demo does not do this game justice. If you are looking for a rpg to keep you busy for a long time then pick it up. I'm at something like 20 hours in and still only on the 1st disk (there are 3).

[quote name='Gaming-Module']Plus the voice acting is so, so terrible. In its own way, it's worse than Enchanted Arms.[/QUOTE]

No, no, it is not worse than Enchanted Arms. EA had far far worse VA work than Blue Dragon. Atsuma was worse than Shu by far. And Makoto... well, nothing compares to Makoto, who was both terrifying and terrifyingly awesome at the same time.

Anyway, if you like traditional turn-based JRPG gameplay, then Blue Dragon is easily worth the $39.99. You'll get plenty of gameplay for your money. It has it's faults, yes, but its still a very solid experience.

It just seems like the 360 is damned if it does and if it don't lol... They are struggling to make it in the Japanese market and once they finally start getting some JRPG's in the states they sell like shit here...

It will be part of the greatest hits line soon, M$ had anounced this title and others as being their new lineup in November, so if you want an non gh copy now would be a good time to get it, unless you go for used.

sorry if i sound dumb but why would someone avoid the Greatest Hits?
it's the same game, if it's cheaper, why does it matter?

the only thing i can think of is that collectors would want the original non-GH copy

[quote name='diablofreak']

the only thing i can think of is that collectors would want the original non-GH copy[/QUOTE]

You just answered your own question.

bread's done
Back