TOYS "R" US - Xbox DVD Movie Playback Kit - $1.48

happyorangeman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just bought 2 of them. I can't find them on their website anymore so I guess they're just selling them all.

I'm buying more later.

0080552932154_215X215.jpg

its really worth it, i paid full price (29.99) i think back in 2001, before i was a CAG, but i think it was a good deal.

especially if you ever mod your xbox, you can navigate most dash's with the remote, and if you have 70+ gigs of cartoons/anime on your xbox the remote makes it a much more enjoyable experience

I'm still waiting for a price drop at my TRU. They're still $25 there. I'd love to pick up one or two for when I mod my xbox and possibly a 2nd one.

^ Wow, I picked this thing up at Goodwill for $4.98 new and thought I had a good deal. Last time I checked at my TRU a few weeks ago this thing was $10.98!

they've been 15.98 for a while at my TRU.

If i could find them for $2 or less, I'd buy at least three for the rest of my modded xbox's, and maybe a few more for backups.

[quote name='friedram']xbox has shitty playback- only in 480i for movies.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't bother me too much. I was mainly wanting to buy this to control my xbox when I mod it and use it as a media center.

[quote name='erehwon']That doesn't bother me too much. I was mainly wanting to buy this to control my xbox when I mod it and use it as a media center.[/quote]

Isnt "modding" illegal?

[quote name='oasisboy']Isnt "modding" illegal?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, who cares?

As long as you don't use a modded xbox for piracy and you use it for your own personal use, no one will care.

And yes, modding an xbox is illegal, for the most part. It's still somewhat of a grey area because it's the bios that is illegal. And to play copied games and most homebrew software, you need an illegal bios. The only legal bios as far as I know is cromwell which is what you use if you run linx on the xbox.

Anyway, lets not turn this into a thread about xbox modding.

bread's done
Back