ToysRus Buy 2 get a $50 gc

LouTenit Dan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Gota email witha coupon for buy 2 get a 50gc but its only available 11/8/11. Any1 get this?

TRU Rewards members only
1 time use coupon
Works with COD
59.99 and up games
11/08/11 only (not to be confused with the weekly ad for buy 1 get 20gc or buy 2 geta 40 gc)

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV
Looks like I'll have to settle for the $40 card. If anyone doesn't want their coupon, please PM it to me. I'll give you the receipt so you can have the reward points.
Also, if someone's only gonna use one of them, I'd gladly take the other.

This sux. I'm a rewards member and get a ton of junk email from them with specials but don't have email with this coupon. I got an email yesterday from them about stores being open for midnight release but that was it.

yeah im rewards r us to or whatev it's called but still no email. i want mw3 and uncharted 3, so if someone doesn't want their coupon pm me. thanx. ill give you receipt info or whatev so you can get $12 back. peace

[quote name='dotpichu']Got mine yesterday afternoon. Will upload pic in a bit.

edit:
2j2jd4j.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lol you're very generous or a goof, bar code is one time use

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm guessing your coupon is confirmed to be different than this? I'm hoping this coupon is universal even though I see it states "one-time single use" TRU has had glitches before. I'm a RZ member and I still have no such email thus far.

What would be funny is if this promo stacks with the $40 GC promo :D[/QUOTE]

yes, my codes are different...hopefully he's on east coast and will be there at opening....running lol

[quote name='elguluso']what does the subject of the email read?[/QUOTE]

Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!

[quote name='donut']Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am![/QUOTE]

I had email today with:
Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3! Plus, Free MW3 Jeep

But no damn mention of any GC deal..... I wonder why different reward zone members get different emails. Maybe it's regional or something. No freakin clue.

The Jeep Email is the same Email I got, I guess that the $50 is a no go for me

[quote name='jpatern']I had email today with:
Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3! Plus, Free MW3 Jeep

But no damn mention of any GC deal..... I wonder why different reward zone members get different emails. Maybe it's regional or something. No freakin clue.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']If that's true then it's the best deal so far (for me at least) for next week as I'll be buying multiple titles and cycling the gift cards through purchases.

[/QUOTE]

In the past, TRU has had gift card promos had gift cards that did not immediately activate but were rather time delayed...Sometimes it was a few hours later, sometimes it was a few days later....The point was to make you come back on another day and hopefully spend more money then. I don't know if this is going to be the case with the promotion but you might want to keep that in mind.

[quote name='elguluso']The Jeep Email is the same Email I got, I guess that the $50 is a no go for me[/QUOTE]

i got same...with crap Emails..like some toys buy1 get 50% off bla bla..

I'm R rewards member too, never receive any unique code coupon from them before. I spent a lot money on TRU this year, especially on their LEGO products. Wonder how much you need to spend in term getting this kinda offer...

i have at least 10 emails registered with tru, but only got 1 $50 gc coupon.
there is another $20 gc coupon that for 1 $59.99 game purchase, not sure if stacks with other offer

I got the offer for the 50gc coupon as well. I'd love to be there at the hundreds of registers around midnight at TRU on the East Coast that are going to reject that coupon that dotpichu posted. And early congrats to whomever does get the coupon to work. Also the 10% rewards on purchases that we'll get back after christmas aren't good on video games or consoles. Read the terms and conditions of that particular offer. So hope you have other non-videogame stuff you want from TRU.

That's correct, the 10% reward coupons you get after Christmas have a lot of restrictions. I remember last year I had to blow them on Lego toys (and no sales after Christmas/New Year too, TRU is not like Target or Walmart where there are mark downs). The 10% reward coupons are nice, but overall, they suck video game wise...

On the other note, buying MW3 from TRU do net you a free jeep (a toy, 1:48 scale I believe). So, if you're getting two copies, you'll get two jeeps and $40, it's still not a bad way to go.

[quote name='Tiko7523']I just got my Email and it says buy 2 games listed 59.99 or more and get a $40 dollar gift card.

NOT 50[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's the normal deal in the weekly ad. There's also the $50 deal going around in emails that's specifically for the 8th. I wonder if anyone will be lucky enough to get $90 in gift cards on the 8th.

[quote name='Serpentor']That's correct, the 10% reward coupons you get after Christmas have a lot of restrictions. I remember last year I had to blow them on Lego toys (and no sales after Christmas/New Year too, TRU is not like Target or Walmart where there are mark downs). The 10% reward coupons are nice, but overall, they suck video game wise...

On the other note, buying MW3 from TRU do net you a free jeep (a toy, 1:48 scale I believe). So, if you're getting two copies, you'll get two jeeps and $40, it's still not a bad way to go.[/QUOTE]

Ok that's odd. Last year I got a ton $50 worth of RZ certificates from TRU after Christmas. I was able to stack them on a video game software purchase just fine. I do see that the T&C states you can't use the certs on hardware of software (video games) this year but I'm sure last year I was able to use them fine. Prim probably knows more about this than we do.

still no email with the coupon...

when did people receive it? I have received several emails about other sales all from "[email protected]". These are the subject headings for all of the general emails (excluding other toysrus domains) since October.

BOGO 40% Off Mega Blocks, 20% Off ALL Cars Musical Instruments Plus More Great Deals!

Shaq-A-Claus is Coming to Town! Join Shaq & Give Back, Donate to Toys for Tots!

The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book Featured Deals of the Day! Plus, Only $199.99 Apple iPod Touch 8GB!

Biggest Rewards Ever! Members Earn 10% Back on Holiday Purchases!

Celebrate Cyber Week! Today's Featured Deals Include Lalaloopsy, LeapFrog & More!

Celebrate Cyber Week! Today’s Featured Deals Include Barbie, Video Games & More!
I'm going to call later today to see if I can get the coupon.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']still no email with the coupon...

when did people receive it? I have received several emails about other sales all from "[email protected]". These are the subject headings for all of the general emails (excluding other toysrus domains) since October.

I'm going to call later today to see if I can get the coupon.[/QUOTE]
I got it in my spam folder on Nov 4th. Header is: "Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!"

[quote name='ShockandAww']I got it in my spam folder on Nov 4th. Header is: "Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!"[/QUOTE]

Just checked my spam folder, and there were several more TRU emails. No email with the coupon for $50 GC. I did get the "Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3! Plus, Free MW3 Jeep with Purchase!" email on November 4th :cry:

I just went to TRU and got skylanders and got the the extra lengendary 3 pack and the the gift card, so it seemed like a pretty good deal.

What are you talking about I dunno about this year but last year I had no problems buying video games with my toys r us rewards dollars

Unfortunately, it looks like this year they will not work on video games. Seems like video games is now going to be a standard exclusion now for coupons/certificates.

[quote name='dotpichu']That's fine, don't plan on using the coupon so whoever wanted to use this deal, go for it.[/QUOTE]

Only problem is that the barcode for your coupon is tied to your account. The more people that try to use the coupon, the higher the chance you rewards account gets flagged.

Ok, I don't know about a $50 GC, but the $40 GC is confirmed. I just went to ToysRus.com and pulled their new weekly ad. On page 12 of the ad, there's mention of a $40 GC with the purchase of 2 games $59.99 or more, or $15 GC with the purchase of 1. Not only on MW3 but on any game $59.99 or more, that is purchased from 1106 to 11/10. I also talked to the manager at my local store 5 minutes ago and she confirmed it. So I'm going to their midnight release, score the $40 GC, 2 jeeps, and I intend to be first in the door (This is where living in the middle of nowhere REALLY pays off) to also secure a T-Shirt and a poster as well. I'll show up early and load my media player with a metric fuck ton of TV shows and the rest is piece of cake.

This is pretty much the same deal Kmart is running all week (spend $110 on games, get $50 GC). So, if you don't get the email, there is always that to fall back on (as long as your are a Rewards My Way member that is). Plus, next week Kmart is running a buy 1 get 1 half off. Use GC from this week, get 2 games next week for $40. Just throwing it out, since there seems to be some not getting the TRU coupons.

[quote name='Darkwormer']This is pretty much the same deal Kmart is running all week (spend $110 on games, get $50 GC). So, if you don't get the email, there is always that to fall back on (as long as your are a Rewards My Way member that is). Plus, next week Kmart is running a buy 1 get 1 half off. Use GC from this week, get 2 games next week for $40. Just throwing it out, since there seems to be some not getting the TRU coupons.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. If you don't have TRU gift cards already, then missing the email isn't really a big deal since you can still get $50 at Kmart.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I agree with you. If you don't have TRU gift cards already, then missing the email isn't really a big deal since you can still get $50 at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

The Kmart coupons obtained this week have an expiration date of Nov. 23 while the TRU gift cards are good until Jan. 23. Unless you have at least $50 worth of games that you want to buy in the next week and a half (and you most likely do), then the Kmart coupons are useless.

[quote name='donut']lol you're very generous or a goof, bar code is one time use[/QUOTE]
a few posts up he says he's not using it. therefore, the gentleman is very generous.

what's crazy is i wonder how many people will copy that & try to use the same coupon, lol?

[quote name='spaghetticatt']This topic title should probably mention TRU Rewards Members only.[/QUOTE]
very true!

may as well mention that you must have received the email with the coupon for this deal promo. I'm a rewards member yet still no email with this coupon

I received the email! thank you for let know about it OP!

I got the email this last Nov 4!

The email Subject is: "Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!‏"

[quote name='FadeToOne']I literally get an average of 3 TRU emails every day for some reason, but I've not see this one.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I got 3 emails on the 4th , 1 on the 5th, 3 on the 6th, and 2 today, yet no coupon.

[quote name='captainlee']I received the email! thank you for let know about it OP!

The email Subject is: "Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!‏"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the subject! I still did not get the coupon, but it is nice to know what to look for.

[quote name='captainlee']I received the email! thank you for let know about it OP!

The email Subject is: "Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!‏"[/QUOTE]

thanks! found mine!

eh I'm going to assume those that got this email with subject heading
"Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3! Plus, Free MW3 Jeep with Purchase!" on November 4th will NOT get the "Up to $50 in Free Gift Cards with Video Game Purchases! Plus, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Available Tues., Nov. 8 at 12:01am!‏" one (and vice versa if that matters)

[quote name='FadeToOne']I literally get an average of 3 TRU emails every day for some reason, but I've not see this one.[/QUOTE]
I think I posted it in another thread, but same here. I get all these e-mails for baby stuff and useless 10 off 50 coupons that have a thousand restrictions and "special invites" to baby clothes events all day long, it seems, but the one coupon that is actually useful for me, I don't get.

I called TRU and asked them why I have not received the email and they said it depends on your spending habits.

[quote name='DerClaw']I think I posted it in another thread, but same here. I get all these e-mails for baby stuff and useless 10 off 50 coupons that have a thousand restrictions and "special invites" to baby clothes events all day long, it seems, but the one coupon that is actually useful for me, I don't get.[/QUOTE]

You can actually unsubscribe from that Rue Lala crap. It seems to have worked, so far. I think I got one after I unsubscribed, and none since.

[quote name='PEE_ES3']I called TRU and asked them why I have not received the email and they said it depends on your spending habits.[/QUOTE]

that is likely bullshit. why would I receive babies r us emails when I've only bought gaming items from toysrus.com and in store. I also have spent over $400 since becoming a rewards member in the Summer (around the time 1600 msp were $15).

I would have gotten MW3 at TRU for the toy plus $50 GCs had I received the email with coupon.

bread's done
Back