Trade 2 Select Wii Games Get Mario Kart for $9.99 at EB/GameStop

CombatCraig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Photo21.jpg

Sorry if this is a repost and sorry the picture is so bad (all I have is my built in iSight camera)

Exact same deal as SSBB a couple months ago. They had the flyers in store, but nothing online yet. I'm assuming they weren't supposed to be out yet seeing as how some of the games listed aren't even out yet but who knows.

Good deal if you have some old games you don't want or if you can find some clearance titles at Target or CC.

Offer expires 5/18/08

Baroque
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Cabela's Big Game Hunter
Carnival Games
Cars: Mater-National
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Dragonball Z: Budokai T3
EA Playground
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Ghost Squad
Legend of Zelda TP
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Madden NFL 2008
MLB 2K8
Mario and Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
MOH Heroes 2
MOH Vanguard
Metriod Prime 3: Corruption
MLP Power Pros
My Sims
Naurto Clash of Ninja Revolution
NBA Live 2008
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Pro Street
No More Heroes
Okami
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sims 2: Castaways
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
Transformers The Game
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Fine Print Offer and qualifying titles for trade are subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Titles must be in full working condition to recieve full value. Cannot be combined with any offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associates for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks. Offer expires 5/18/08.

[quote name='mephitical']Something tells me that Mario Kart is not going to be hard to find, no matter how many resellers there are...[/quote]

I agree.. my point was on the mods policy of keeping member trades/sales out of the deals threads. I'm for it, but I can easily see why they prefer that stuff to stay in the trading forum.

Photo21.jpg

Sorry if this is a repost and sorry the picture is so bad (all I have is my built in iSight camera)

Exact same deal as SSBB a couple months ago. They had the flyers in store, but nothing online yet. I'm assuming they weren't supposed to be out yet seeing as how some of the games listed aren't even out yet but who knows.

Good deal if you have some old games you don't want or if you can find some clearance titles at Target or CC.

Offer expires 5/18/08

Baroque
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Cabela's Big Game Hunter
Carnival Games
Cars: Mater-National
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Dragonball Z: Budokai T3
EA Playground
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Ghost Squad
Legend of Zelda TP
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Madden NFL 2008
MLB 2K8
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
MOH Heroes 2
MOH Vanguard
Metriod Prime 3: Corruption
MLP Power Pros
My Sims
Naurto Clash of Ninja Revolution
NBA Live 2008
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Pro Street
No More Heroes
Okami
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Sims 2: Castaways
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008
Transformers The Game
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Fine Print Offer and qualifying titles for trade are subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Titles must be in full working condition to recieve full value. Cannot be combined with any offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associates for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks. Offer expires 5/18/08.

Nice. I only have one game on the list: Need for speed carbon (which I got from amazon for $24 new early last year). Actually, I also have galaxy and brawl but I'm not willing to trade either in even though I don't play galaxy much at all.

I like how the list excludes all the crapware like Ninjabread Man. Not a band deal for some titles, I think, but it may end up being more of a break-even sort of affair.

I don't think most of the games on the list have been clearanced yet. Ghost Squad is hard to find and usually rings up as "out of system"at Target. Rayman RR scans as $19.99 in my area's Targets. Hopefully, some of them go on clearance in May.

According to the Target thread Transformers and Tiger Woods 07 are clearance but those might be hard to find.

I'm praying for a Transformers so i can trade it and Strikers. I don't know why but I still want to hold on to RE4

i have warioware and big brain academy that havnt been touched in 6 months. Is this a good trade? I'm not sure what the trade in or value of them are and i know im going to buy mario kart on day1 no matter what. anyone?

[quote name='CombatCraig']According to the Target thread Transformers and Tiger Woods 07 are clearance but those might be hard to find.

I'm praying for a Transformers so i can trade it and Strikers. I don't know why but I still want to hold on to RE4[/quote]

Thanks. I will keep an eye out.

Kind of wish this included some next gen games honestly. But I know they don't sell like most of the Wii crap that is out there

[quote name='clockworkgreen']If you still have places with Ghost Squad for cheap, you're in like Flint.[/QUOTE]

Wait... who had Ghost Squad "cheap"? I wanted a copy of that...

[quote name='sleepy180']i have warioware and big brain academy that havnt been touched in 6 months. Is this a good trade? I'm not sure what the trade in or value of them are and i know im going to buy mario kart on day1 no matter what. anyone?[/QUOTE]

Those are both pretty old so I'd say this would be a good deal for you. You're who this deal was made for lol

[quote name='kevzik']DAMN! I knew I should of picked up Ghost Squad during CCs 33% off![/QUOTE]

Why? That games not clearanced at CC yet. It's 29.99. It was clearanced at Target.

Nice deal....I have Raving Rabbits 1 for Wii got it at Target a while ago for 13.98 on clearance. Still sealed! Just have to find something else to get cheap.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Those are both pretty old so I'd say this would be a good deal for you. You're who this deal was made for lol[/QUOTE]

execpt those are first party nintendo games that retained their value. You can easily get over $30 for each.

[quote name='mitch079']Why? That games not clearanced at CC yet. It's 29.99. It was clearanced at Target.[/quote]

Shit. Youre right. I was thinking...errr...that one game...shoot.

Nice - I'll probably trade in Rayman and Cooking Mama once I've confirmed this in a local store.

Some of these have been clearanced and could be decent for the $20 you'd get, but most fit the standard "It's a Wii game and you could sell it to any soccer mom on craigslist for $25 or more" standard.
That said, I will paypal $20 plus shipping immediately for any of these anyone was considering trading to Gamestop, and then you'll have cash and not be tied to one store when the inevitable better deal comes along:

Mario Party 8
MOH Heroes 2
Okami
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

You can laugh at me for some of these, but you'd be amazed and sickened by how many will get traded in for this.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Perhaps, but I would think CAGers would be wiser.[/QUOTE]

I posted this with the intention of people who had old games they didn't play anymore to trade in. We all know GS is evil blah blah blah but if you have 2 old games getting MK for $10 isn't a bad deal

[quote name='utopianmachine']Perhaps, but I would think CAGers would be wiser.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure mephitical was merely pointing out the sad reality that people will trade in stuff like SMG and SSBB in this deal. I don't honestly thinks someone on here is going to sell them to him for $20.

Thanks for he heads up OP. I've got Rayman laying around that I haven't touched in forever, but I don't think I'm willing to give up Super Paper Mario as well. If I could find a cheap used copy of one more somewhere, I'd be in business. Anyone know what the cheapest game on that list of elligible trade ins is?

I don't have any Wii games I want to trade in but... I like seeing Baroque on that list. Hopefully, that means I can grab a new used copy for quite a bit cheaper than MSRP

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm pretty sure mephitical was merely pointing out the sad reality that people will trade in stuff like SMG and SSBB in this deal. I don't honestly thinks someone on here is going to sell them to him for $20.[/quote]
You got it.
But if someone really does want some quick cash...

[quote name='MuzykMann']Thanks for he heads up OP. I've got Rayman laying around that I haven't touched in forever, but I don't think I'm willing to give up Super Paper Mario as well. If I could find a cheap used copy of one more somewhere, I'd be in business. Anyone know what the cheapest game on that list of elligible trade ins is?[/quote]
Transformers, Tiger Woods '07, or MOH: Vanguard probably. All have been clearanced or have a low MSRP, but even still if you didn't find them on clearance you're probably not going to find them for less than $20 after tax (if appplicable). Honestly, your best bet might be a second copy of Rayman. Check your Targets for the Tiger Woods, but they're likely long gone.

[quote name='richierich']With deals like this from EB/Gamestop, do they ever exclude games from the special list later on say in a month or so?[/QUOTE]

It has happened, but it's not a usual thing. That is, they don't cross games off the list as they fill quotas or anything.

This is actually a decent deal if you can get the older games for cheap. I know for one I'm going to be looking around for some bargains :) Granted it'll probably only save me like 10-15 at MOST, but it's still interesting. No way I'm trading in my Brawl, Okami (after I get it of course) or Galaxy, but if I can find something like Rapala fishing or something for cheap you can bet it's worth it.

Does anyone know if they limit these deals to one per person? I'd love to pick up a couple copies for $9.99 if I managed to find enough of the cheaper games. It'd be nice to have extra Wii Wheels as well :) Might make it worth it. Thanks OP!

With the Brawl deal did they let you trade in two copies of the same game? I already have Cooking Mama and could pick another up on the cheap.

I got power pros and re4 for $20 each during x-mas so essentially I get full credit when I trade these games. Both are pretty decent games though, I have been hearing MK is supposed to be a very deep game. Although with my backlog of games that might not be a bad thing.

Hmmm... I do have a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids I could part with, but nothing else that makes it worth it. The extra $9.99 just kills it. If it was just trade 2/get a new game (like they had last summer) I'd be all over it. I still have a couple of preorders left over from that (that I keep rolling over into newer games) :lol:.

Another possibility is to pick something up from Gamecrazy or Blockbuster/Gamerush if they have another sale on used games. I could see doing that as a way of spending less in credit than I would normally. But in terms of finding brand new games to buy and trade in, meh... It is good for people with some old stuff sitting around though - Rayman for sure (as that probably only trades for $5-$7 normally). I have some of the others that I never play (like Big Brain Academy) but that seems like giving up a lot...

I'm actually quite surprised that Rayman is on that list considering it was a launch title game. I might be able to part with it.. but who knows. It's one of my fav launch games (Trauma Center: SO being the favorite) and it'll be hard to part with.. :lol:

I have games like RE4, and Big Brain Academy that I got for free from sites like Gaminglagoon, PrizeRebel, etc. so trading them away isn't a loss. But overall it does seem like a rip off to trade in 2 games AND pay $10 for a new game. I wouldn't mind 2 games + $10 (or $15) for say..Wii Fit.

But then again, we bought (as in spends money :cry:) Dragonball Z 3..and it sucks. It's a lot harder AND the online blows..so I guess overall this isn't a bad deal if you have some games that you just won't play anymore.. :whistle2:k

I can't decide what to do, sorry :lol:

I never play Strikers any more so I'm willing to part with it, but if I can't find a clearance game somewhere I probably won't bite on this. The only other game I would even think of trading right now is RE4 but I dunno I might play it again someday...maybe?

[quote name='CombatCraig']I never play Strikers any more so I'm willing to part with it, but if I can't find a clearance game somewhere I probably won't bite on this. The only other game I would even think of trading right now is RE4 but I dunno I might play it again someday...maybe?[/QUOTE]

I don't think finding RE4 next year will be that hard. It came out at $30.. and every once in a while it's on sale for around $20. I can see this being a $17.99 used game at EB/GS within a year.

Maybe I'll abuse some goozex games to get in on this. Lowest goozex point games that are also on this list are 400 pointers.

[quote name='QiG']Maybe I'll abuse some goozex games to get in on this. Lowest goozex point games that are also on this list are 400 pointers.[/quote]

I was just investigating this myself.

Do all eb/gamestop stores ususally have the same flyers in store or is this ymmv? I don't usually shop there...

[quote name='bfauble83']Do all eb/gamestop stores ususally have the same flyers in store or is this ymmv? I don't usually shop there...[/quote]

I got this flier at our mall GS which has a second larger GS down the freakin hall. The larger GS didn't have these but the smaller one did. It was a tear off sheet thing full of fliers.

[quote name='lilboo']I don't think finding RE4 next year will be that hard. It came out at $30.. and every once in a while it's on sale for around $20. I can see this being a $17.99 used game at EB/GS within a year.[/quote]
I'm really surprised that after a year it hasn't dropped at all. I think it really sells well enough that it'll stick at the $29.99 MSRP for a while still.
And if you haven't played it but have a copy, you should. You can get through the good stuff in a weekend, and then you won't feel bad getting rid of it. I held on to mine for like seven months and then finally played it, had a lot of fun, and realized I would never want to play through it again.

[quote name='mephitical']I'm really surprised that after a year it hasn't dropped at all. I think it really sells well enough that it'll stick at the $29.99 MSRP for a while still.
And if you haven't played it but have a copy, you should. You can get through the good stuff in a weekend, and then you won't feel bad getting rid of it. I held on to mine for like seven months and then finally played it, had a lot of fun, and realized I would never want to play through it again.[/quote]

I beat it and loved it but I too have it sitting there and I keep telling myself I'll play it again someday, but I don't know anymore

[quote name='mephitical']
You can laugh at me for some of these, but you'd be amazed and sickened by how many will get traded in for this.[/quote]

I know, I traded with come CAGs during the Smash promo, and I'll do it again- I can trade a new copy of Mario Kart Wii (shipped on release) for 2 of the games from the list. It sickens me to know mods disapprove of offers in threads like these, but come on- let CAGs help CAGs.

[quote name='djkunai']I know, I traded with come CAGs during the Smash promo, and I'll do it again- I can trade a new copy of Mario Kart Wii (shipped on release) for 2 of the games from the list. It sickens me to know mods disapprove of offers in threads like these, but come on- let CAGs help CAGs.[/quote]

I think they do it to discourage people from going to stores and hoarding games. I'm in the middle ground where I think it's ok to pick up a copy or two and spread them out to a community like this, but I hate people who clear everything out to eBay. Am I a hypocrite.. maybe. I won't speak against the policy though, when you give an inch, people take a mile.

[quote name='QiG']I think they do it to discourage people from going to stores and hoarding games. I'm in the middle ground where I think it's ok to pick up a copy or two and spread them out to a community like this, but I hate people who clear everything out to eBay. Am I a hypocrite.. maybe. I won't speak against the policy though, when you give an inch, people take a mile.[/quote]
Something tells me that Mario Kart is not going to be hard to find, no matter how many resellers there are...

bread's done
Back