trade a dc for 3do

I'm rather interested in what the price differences are.
A used DC goes for $20. I've never even SEEN a 3DO.

i dont keep up on 3do prices, so it may be worth less now, but i was looking in to selling mine about a year ago and they seemed to pull in about $50-ish

also, it weighs about as much as an early 80s vcr.

I've tried to get a 3DO a couple of times from eBay, but a bundle with 2 games and a controller goes for close to $100.

[quote name='Indiana']If you saw one for $35 and want a 3DO you should have bought it![/QUOTE]

Why should he pay $35 for one when he can trade a $9.99 Dreamcast system for it and save $25 in the process? :D

i dont know if there are good games, because i only have about 5 or 6 and most have been done better on other systems.

foes of ali though, is one of the best boxing games ever made, and it was only on 3do, check it out if youve got a 3do.

[quote name='polaricecaves']are there even any good games for 3DO? shotters, rpgs, etc...[/QUOTE]

my cousin had one and i remember busting out laughing at putt putt joins the parade. that game was funny as hell (also meant for kids)
also, i remember shockwave looking really good for it's time. i don't remember much baout it except that it's a flight simulator type game

[quote name='strayfoxx']Whatever happened to Trip Hawkins after the 3D0 debacle anyways? Did he go back to EA??[/QUOTE]

He went on to found software developer/publisher Digital Chocolate, but I haven't heard much about any of their games.

[quote name='polaricecaves']are there even any good games for 3DO? shotters, rpgs, etc...[/QUOTE]

Return Fire is good, but not much else.

There was a gameshow game...i think it was called Twisted or something like that. I remember having many good nights playing that with my friends.

I think Wing Commander III came out on it too, right?

I could have had one for 15 bucks at a loca flea market a year ago, but passed it up. I just didn't see the point to it beyond collector's value.. I played a couple of games on it and they sucked huge ass.

Now as for a Turbo Grafx 16 and some Bonk and Splatterhouse.. that's something I never see

i wasnt twisted, the one with tia carrera in it( forgot what its called), um, what else, i had a list somewhere but its useless with the system.

[quote name='crewj']darn, i should have never given away my 3do![/QUOTE]

Gosh, you're quite generous. You don't even sell it off; you just give it away. Bravo!

i want to trade the dreamcast for the 3d0 because i have 2 dc, i figured it was a even trade but i guess not, btw need for speed was great on 3d0, just fore the little smart ass at the end of each race, best version ever

Why would someone trade a 3DO for a DC (which can be purchased from Thirft stores/EBs for less then $20)? I'm sorry, but I find your threads amusing.

Anyways I have a 3DO for sale...right here...Heh

[quote name='camelking6969']i figured it was a even trade but i guess not[/QUOTE]

I have a boxed version 1 3DO, and it still has the original $799.99 retail price tag on it. If 3DO had actually sold a respectable number of systems like Dreamcast, it might be a fair trade, but 3DO's ridiculous $500+ retail price pretty much ensured that next to nobody would purchase it, making it relatively rare today as outdated systems go.

[quote name='gigan54']my cousin had one and i remember busting out laughing at putt putt joins the parade. that game was funny as hell (also meant for kids)
also, i remember shockwave looking really good for it's time. i don't remember much baout it except that it's a flight simulator type game[/QUOTE]

Ahh, yes, I once played "Putt Putt goes to the zoo" when I went to a cousins house on his computer (they have dial-up so thats all I could do)

Lucienne's quest and guardian war were good rpg's. And Gex belongs on 3d0, he was essentially their mascot. The Horde was another great 3d0 game (which was later ported to saturn and possibly ps1, can't remember) There's a bunch of others to. Star fighter (a shooter were you're in a spaceship and the ship is on autopilot, you just control the gun) was a very good game, and so was star control II. Also, I think daedales encounter is the one with tia carrere.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Lucienne's quest and guardian war were good rpg's. And Gex belongs on 3d0, he was essentially their mascot. The Horde was another great 3d0 game (which was later ported to saturn and possibly ps1, can't remember) There's a bunch of others to. Star fighter (a shooter were you're in a spaceship and the ship is on autopilot, you just control the gun) was a very good game, and so was star control II. Also, I think daedales encounter is the one with tia carrere.[/QUOTE]

the Horde was a very good game.. it was on PC and saturn don't recall it being on PS1..

and yeah.. tail gunner type games are always fun.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i wasnt twisted, the one with tia carrera in it( forgot what its called), um, what else, i had a list somewhere but its useless with the system.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it Daedelus (sp?) Encounter, and I believe it was also a computer game.

Oh for the love of God, who would trade a Dreamcast, the holy grail of fighting games, for a shitty 3DO? I mean, for fuck's sake, there wasn't even a single good game on the damn system.

fucking fucked up shit.

3DO was awesome, I've got over 40 games for it, but the only ones I remember playing alot was Street Fighter Turbo, Twisted, Return Fire, and the Shockwaves.

[quote name='munch']I have a Nintendo 64 that i'm willing to trade for a PSP. PM me if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Crap. You beat me to it. I was going to offer Crash Bandicoot for Suikoden II. You might also talk me into trading Crash for Valkyrie Profile...

I'll trade you a 3do for a dc but heres the catch, first off I've got a smaller flip top model so its not that heavy, second off.... well it might sound a little weird but theres no case. its just the boards that is the system itself. Its in complete working order though....

A sucker is born every minute guys, why cockblock his deal?

I swear, everyone who posted in here will have me posting places you could get it cheaper and talking bad about everything in your tradelist.

[quote name='Chacrana']I mean, for fuck's sake, there wasn't even a single good game on the damn system.[/QUOTE]

3DO had the best version of the original Road Rash (great live action cinemas between races). One of the shooters I really liked on 3DO (that I haven't seen anywhere else) is EA's Escape from Monster Manor. Of course, this was back when good old Trip Hawkins was still on good terms with his old company. :D

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Punqsux, you have got to be the most abrasive mod here.... you're constantly being a dick and being retarded.

I am too, but I'm not a Mod.

I dont understand why anyone gave you Mod abilities, you dont have any leadership abilities...lead by example...

Does this seem like the way a mod should act?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hear him be useless!

"id lock this, but its just too damn funny XoD"
"im locking this since the title is obnoxious"

Hear him talk shit!
"poor people have morals too, your rationalization is null"
"because this is america, so OBVIOUSLY youre too stupid to rase your own children."

Hear him egg people on!
"you havent done anything to get banned yet, so keep trying, when you hit it ill let you know =o)"
"i hope theres a bunch of people pissed off at these "hoarders" this year too, because that shit was funny last year."

Hear him be 13 years old!

"no i wont have your baby, why would you even ask that?!? i mean...bump"

Hear him give people poor advice!
"popcorn?1 youre no cheapass! bring a backpack full of snacks in"
"not that i drink, but i hang out with alot of crusties/squatters, theres ALWAYS ways to get free beer, look in to it ^^"

Hear him promote emulation, but of course not backups!! Thats against CAG Policy! (Oh, arent they both a form of backups??)
"i can get the title screen loading but when i go to start a game it freezes up (this is on pc and gba)"

(Sorry, but I get tired of seeing you not help people or making fun of them...I have something against people acting like elitest assholes here, and you being a mod is very confusing to me.)[/QUOTE]

:rofl: sigged

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']He went on to found software developer/publisher Digital Chocolate, but I haven't heard much about any of their games.[/QUOTE]
Didn't he also create Chuck E Cheeses?

if you have honest concerns about my contributions to the site, please PM cheapy and express them.

im sorry for trying to have some fun on the boards.

Punqsux is a considerable improvement over some of the numbskulls Cheapy allowed to become moderators here a couple of years ago. Thank goodness I don't see anything from those guys anymore. :D

[quote name='punqsux']if you have honest concerns about my contributions to the site, please PM cheapy and express them.

im sorry for trying to have some fun on the boards.[/QUOTE]

I have honest concerns, I just dont annoy the hell out of cheapy everytime someone says something I might not like.

Anyways, I dont have issues with Cheap, I'm talking to you.

You can have your fun on the boards, just saying that your a shitty mod. Case closed.

You're the weak link, the pointless mod. Just confused of why you got mod status when everyone else who got it actually does something.

I think it makes people respect the mods less about serious CAG rules and issues when you have a mod talking about emulation on the PSP. It makes people think thats ok...and if thats ok to talk about, then backups downloaded from bit torrent and burned on DVDs for PS2 should be ok too right? Same deal.

bread's done
Back