Trade agreements

Status
Not open for further replies.

mer71

CAGiversary!
Feedback
280 (100%)
A fellow CAG and I agree to a trade. We agreed to ship on the same day, a Saturday. My local post office closes before noon. He contacted me later in the day and said if I didn't ship, he wanted to void the deal. I said I did ship and provided him a DC number. I asked how could he ship his package after the Post Office was closed. He said they had a 24 hour automated shipping station.

On Sunday, I PMed him and asked for a DC number. Which he did supply later in the day. As of today, my DC number confirms it is in his town in CA. The number he provided me shows no record. This worries me a little bit. Not that he will rip me off. But in the sense that he did not ship until my game arrived. My rating is higher then his, but I didn't have a probleming shipping at the same time. How would you handle this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

From my experience with those automated postage machines, the DC shows nothing until it's delivered. If you sent on the same day, ask him which shipping class he sent or to provide a pic of the receipt(it gives one). You could've sent first class and his cheap ass sent media mail.

Yeah I sent first class. We agreed to ship it first class. I did not know that about automated shipping and DC. If the game is not here by Wednesday, then he did not ship the same day. As for parcel post/media verus first class, it is a quarter extra.

yea, whenever i use the automated machine for shipping packages with DC, it always says "no record of item" for like the first few days...don't worry yet

The package did not show today. And the guy wonders why I am getting pissed. We ship the same day and he got his already. Either the shipping is slow (first class 2-3 days, which it has been since Saturday), he shipped snail mail or he didn't ship on Saturday. He said you have to call to track it. Which I did, still no record found. He said he isn't worried about it un ti8l the end of the week. The package will show the ship date, won't it? If he didn't ship until he recieved my game, what should I do? Just leave negative feedback?

[quote name='mer71']The package did not show today. And the guy wonders why I am getting pissed. We ship the same day and he got his already. Either the shipping is slow (first class 2-3 days, which it has been since Saturday), he shipped snail mail or he didn't ship on Saturday.[/QUOTE]You're freaking out way too early, especially if you're shipping between CA and PA. First class can take longer than 3 days (priority is the method that advertises 2-3 days, not first class). And just because he got his already doesn't mean you will get yours the exact same time. If you get it a week from today, then I'd say there's probably a discrepancy between shipping times.

I don't get why either of you guys are so anal about shipping on the exact same day (especially when that day is Saturday).

Edited to add: You can't depend on the DC number for tracking. As someone mentioned already, DC number may not show any info until the item is actually delivered (especially automated stuff). And no, I would not leave negative feedback if you get your stuff by the end of the week or if the shipping is off by a day.

He wanted to ship on Saturday. The thing that bugs me is, he wanted to back out of the deal after I shipped. He held off shipping because of it, he wanted a answer from me.

[quote name='mer71']He wanted to ship on Saturday. The thing that bugs me is, he wanted to back out of the deal after I shipped. He held off shipping because of it, he wanted a answer from me.[/QUOTE]But, he did not back out because you already shipped the item. Assuming he shipped it as soon as he could, he'd be off by (at most) a day. If both people still get their stuff in a reasonable time, is that really worth a negative?

when the package comes and it's the same ship day (saturday) and it was sent first class (this is all viewable on the sticker of the package), then no worries...

if there are any discrepencies, talk to him about it first and if he's being gay about it, give a neutral (not a negative unless he was a total douche during the WHOLE trade - which it doesnt sound like he was)

First off, if he went to the PO after their last pickup for the day on Saturday, the package may not have left the PO until Monday morning/early afternoon. That's especially the case if he used the automated shipping tool at the PO, which for my local PO is available 24x7. Another PO I have nearby at the local mall has Saturday and Sunday hours up to 6PM, and they do last pickups for the day before the PO closes.

I've had packages not show a valid DC anywhere through the shipping process. It's up to the accepting PO to scan the DC when they ship the item out, or when they accept it at the counter. If they didn't do that, then the DC # doesn't show up on the USPS.com website. I'd call your local PO and ask to speak to someone to have them check the DC # in their system (which is a different system then the one USPS.com uses) to see if they can find it.

As judy^3 said, you're freaking out much too early. If the item was shipped out on Saturday, I'd wait until this coming Saturday before I'd be even vaguely concerned about it.

If the item shows up, even if it's a day or two late, it's not negative or neutral worthy. Negative feedbacks are for completely fucked up situations, and neutrals are for major problems that eventually worked out. If you drop him a neutral, he'll likely do the same to you in retribution.

Why don't you just lay off the caffeine for a little while, wait out this week and see what happens. As suggested, go call your local PO and see if they can shed some light on it.

If he used an APC then his package effectively went out Monday most likely anyway. The machine is automated yes, but someone has to empty it and it is doubtful they did it after hours on a weekend.

The DC thing is nothing to worry about. The APC can't scan it. Whoever emptied the machine should have, but most likely didn't. It will probably be scanned when it arrives at the office of delivery. Give it another 2-3 days before you start to worry.

[quote name='mer71']caffeine? What's caffeine have to do with it? I see guys bitch and complain all the time on here. Waawaa I didn't get this deal or that deal. CC wouldn't PM this......waa. Glitter this store. Bitch about this manager. Kick a magazine rack over. Let me borrow money for this. etc etc. It is a bitchfest on here. I am just part of the CAG club. Home of Cheapassgamers and whiners. So why come down on me?[/QUOTE]We're just suggesting you chill out and wait. You were considering negging someone for something small they may or may not have done (who knows cuz it's too soon to tell), and you asked for opinions and we gave them. (And this post isn't making you seem any less high-strung, btw :) )

[quote name='mer71']How would you handle this issue?[/QUOTE]

I'd wait for the package to arrive and/or another week or so to pass and go from there. If he gave you a DC on Saturday (which ends up being the proper number) that means he at a minimum printed the label that day. (Or if it was from an APC then he did put it in the box that day.) That's good enough to consider having mailed it IMO.

Actually it just occurred to me that if he used retail DC he could have a stack of the green slips and then he would have been able to send you a number days before shipping. However with retail DC it will get an acceptance scan and therefore would be in the system by now.

Thanks to this thread I now have one person I can cross off any future potential trades with... I imagine alot of people are thinking the same way, because the OP seems like a giant headache to deal with.

You're only making yourself look like a pain in the ass.

[quote name='mer71']caffeine? What's caffeine have to do with it? I see guys bitch and complain all the time on here. Waawaa I didn't get this deal or that deal. CC wouldn't PM this......waa. Glitter this store. Bitch about this manager. Kick a magazine rack over. Let me borrow money for this. etc etc. It is a bitchfest on here. I am just part of the CAG club. Home of Cheapassgamers and whiners. So why come down on me?[/quote]
First-class mail is 3-5 days, which is still in the delivery window for being there "on time". I've done the same thing as you have, shipped on the same day with another CAG, and the two packages didn't arrive on the same day. Sometimes, it's 2-3 days difference between two, and it all depends on what happens from source to destination.

Making a big deal about it now makes you look like you don't trust the other party, which is understandable if you've been burned before on a deal. However, the package being shipped on Saturday and not arriving yet on Wednesday is no indication you're being fucked over. If it's next week and there's no sign of it, then I might be a little concerned. At this point, no.

Again, I've had over a dozen packages go "invisible" and not have their DC show anything until they've arrived, it's all due to someone not origin scanning it at the source PO. It happens. I've also had a first-class package take 9 days to go from MO to CT, and no, I wasn't happy about it, because it was one with a non-scanned DC. It did get there, it just took 9 days.

Freaking out over it isn't the right course of action at this point. Go talk to your local PO with the DC # in-hand and see what they recommend. My guess is that they tell you to wait until 14 shipping days have passed, which is when the package becomes officially lost.

[quote name='tangytangerine']From my experience with those automated postage machines, the DC shows nothing until it's delivered. If you sent on the same day, ask him which shipping class he sent or to provide a pic of the receipt(it gives one). You could've sent first class and his cheap ass sent media mail.[/QUOTE]

the automated machines do not accept media mail(at least none of the los angeles automated machines accept media mail) so it was either 1st class, parcel post or priority. and yeah, the track # wont show up until it is delivered

[quote name='dracula']the automated machines do not accept media mail(at least none of the los angeles automated machines accept media mail) so it was either 1st class, parcel post or priority. and yeah, the track # wont show up until it is delivered[/quote]

Oops, yeah, you're right. Media Mail isn't a choice, I was thinking Parcel Post(which is nearly the same thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back