Trade in my DS fat for a DS lite?

slvrdrgn123

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the GS across the street from campus and they have a special. Trade in an original DS and get a DS Lite any color for $69.99. Good deal, since the trade in value for the DS Phat is only $40. Wondering if this is at every EB/GS or just there? And should I get a Pink one since they don't have any Onyx ones left?

I moved this to a new thread since it didn't really relate to the thread it was posted in.

That would be a $60 value for the DS unless my math is off. You could do a little better on eBay, but it's obviously a lot less hassle to just drop it at GS, so that's not too bad of a deal IMO. Originals seem to go for $70-80 on eBay (usually) with no extras.

Do you like pink? I'd hold out for a resupply of black or check other EB/GS locations.

I'm thinking of hawking my phatty to help with the price of the pink for my girlfriend. Poor thing's just been sitting there since I got the Lite anyways.

[quote name='wubb']I moved this to a new thread since it didn't really relate to the thread it was posted in.

That would be a $60 value for the DS unless my math is off. You could do a little better on eBay, but it's obviously a lot less hassle to just drop it at GS, so that's not too bad of a deal IMO. Originals seem to go for $70-80 on eBay (usually) with no extras.

Do you like pink? I'd hold out for a resupply of black or check other EB/GS locations.[/quote]
Sorry for the trouble and thanks. I want to wait for the black DS, but I don't know if they will have the promotion when they get in a new shipment. They did say about next Tues/Wed so I guess I can wait and give it a shot.

I traded in a GBA and the guy let me get a white one. He said there wasn't any difference between them all so it wasn't a big deal.

[quote name='Scobie']You've gotta just be trolling, right?[/quote]
i am not trolling,:bomb: i am just letting him now what the site says and what my local store said. so he can make sure before he goes there all set to trade in the phat DS..

The DS Lite trades in for $65.00, the Phat DS is usually $40.00 but for this promotion it's bumped to $60.00. Don't forget that if you trade in 3 DS games (or PS2/XBOX/GC/PSP) you get $10.00 in bonus credit also.

[quote name='Mario64']i am not trolling,:bomb: i am just letting him now what the site says and what my local store said. so he can make sure before he goes there all set to trade in the phat DS..[/quote]dude, the link you posted says you get a ds lite for $69.99 when you trade in an ORIGINAL DS

I gave my DS to my sister and just bought an Onyx one. Paid $150 for the DS Phat so didn't really want to trade it in for only $60, and since she wanted it, might as well just buy the DSL and give her the other one.

[quote name='banpeikun']dude, the link you posted says you get a ds lite for $69.99 when you trade in an ORIGINAL DS[/QUOTE]
Exactly. The guy was jerking you around. This deal is for the original DS, not the white Lite.

did mean to step on anyones shoes..and was not trying to jerk anyone around, when i first posted the link it said DS lite.., and my local store did say only trading in a DS lite... so sorry for beeing wrong...

Yeah, that's the mistakes they make. They mess it up on the internet and sometimes have to check on there to see what the deal says. Getting only $60 for a Lite would be really shitty though.

bread's done
Back