Trade in value for PS2 + more

PS3_Moose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys, first post!

Anyways I recently got an 80gb PS3 and want to sell my PS2, 2 controllers, 2 wired guitar controllers, 2 8mb memory cards, and guitar hero III game.

I saw that gamestop has an extra $20 on hardware trade-ins deal going on.

With this deal, could anyone tell me how much I'd get for all of this please?

Any help is much appreciated!

PS2 Fat = $35 (before $20 extra)
PS2 Slim = $40 (before $20 extra)

System must come with one controller and cables

Sony Brand controllers = $5 each

PS2 Guitars = approx $10 each

Memory Cards = $4 each

Guitar Hero 3 = not too sure, probably around $10

Aren't I awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hybrid5006']PS2 Fat = $35 (before $20 extra)
PS2 Slim = $40 (before $20 extra)

System must come with one controller and cables

Sony Brand controllers = $5 each

PS2 Guitars = approx $10 each

Memory Cards = $4 each

Guitar Hero 3 = not too sure, probably around $10

Aren't I awesome![/quote]

haha yeah thanks a ton!

and thanks to everyone else as well

[quote name='misterine']hmm dont game stop give you store credit instead of cash??

im not sure please confirm lol[/quote]

You can get cash but you will receive less if you were to ask for store credit

[quote name='PS3_Moose']oh and can my edge card get me more $$$ or does it only go towards used games (I can't remember...)[/quote]

It's 10% more TIV for games and system with the edge card

^ Sure you can use the 10% extra toward system trade-in? I only ask because I know you can't use the Edge card bonus when buying used systems.

I recently used this place called eStarland to trade in some games, think I found out about it here. Was very good on prices and the customer service was great when I needed to trade in more. You will get somewhere around 80 bucks for everything you got there, but you can get on their site and check exactly how much you'll make.

[quote name='SpitFire158'] It's 10% more TIV for games and system with the edge card[/quote]

Sorry to say, but that is false. You get 10% more trade-in credit on games and accessories, but it DOES NOT work on systems.

Its craigslist.com. Major cities and areas have a section of website that people can sell their stuff. Kinda like an internet yard sale. Its free to post whatever you want and you can add pictures. People e-mail you and say they are interested. You figure out where you want to meet to exchange goods, some people like to meet in public places like a fast food place so nothing can happen.

2 guitars and GH3 could easily get more than $30.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Its craigslist.com. Major cities and areas have a section of website that people can sell their stuff. Kinda like an internet yard sale. Its free to post whatever you want and you can add pictures. People e-mail you and say they are interested. You figure out where you want to meet to exchange goods, some people like to meet in public places like a fast food place so nothing can happen.

2 guitars and GH3 could easily get more than $30.[/quote]

yeah I might try selling everything together for like $150 or so and see what happens.

Wow. I might do this! I can't find the $20 extra deal though. Anyone mind linking it to me? Or is that not necessary. I'm gonna call about how much money I'll receive for it, since I don't want store credit. But $55 is not bad at all.

[quote name='SadClown92']Wow. I might do this! I can't find the $20 extra deal though. Anyone mind linking it to me? Or is that not necessary. I'm gonna call about how much money I'll receive for it, since I don't want store credit. But $55 is not bad at all.[/quote]

I think I'm going to go in tomorrow for this. Here is the link to the promos.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/offers.aspx

Edit: Does anyone know the trade-in value of the Nintendo DS Lite?

Just went and traded a bunch of junk along with my PS2 and got $55 credit for it. I looked at my receipt and had a $15 refurb fee for it. I don't know how they do their shit but I'm assuming it was because the PS2 I brought in was in kinda bad shape cosmetic wise but worked fine none the less. Also had a tone of loose cables for random system and they took those too which was nice since it was just cluttering my closet.

I don't know....I feel like I could get more than $55 easily for the PS2, but I guess that's how I feel whenever I trade stuff in at Gamestop

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Just went and traded a bunch of junk along with my PS2 and got $55 credit for it. I looked at my receipt and had a $15 refurb fee for it. I don't know how they do their shit but I'm assuming it was because the PS2 I brought in was in kinda bad shape cosmetic wise but worked fine none the less. Also had a tone of loose cables for random system and they took those too which was nice since it was just cluttering my closet.[/quote]

Wow, that's some bullshit that they charged you a refurb fee. How bad were the cosmetics of the unit? Just dust and dirt? Or more? If it just needed a cleaning, that's complete nonsense, another reason why GS is so hated.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I don't know....I feel like I could get more than $55 easily for the PS2, but I guess that's how I feel whenever I trade stuff in at Gamestop[/quote]

You almost always can get more, but at a price, mainly time (and sometimes, fees). GameStop is immediate.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, that's some bullshit that they charged you a refurb fee. How bad were the cosmetics of the unit? Just dust and dirt? Or more? If it just needed a cleaning, that's complete nonsense, another reason why GS is so hated.

You almost always can get more, but at a price, mainly time (and sometimes, fees). GameStop is immediate.[/quote]

That's why, (after my argument and all), I might go to gamestop tomorrow and take the $102 for all my stuff (might throw in a few more games to get the extra %). I wanted SCIV so I can use the credit and the $5 off coupon and get a used game as well (and there is the extra 10% off coupon).

could I use both of those coupons with my edge card on 1 used game?

You can't combine promo offers, unfortunately. Their system won't allow for it. Only a manual override could make that happen, and those are extremely rare. The vast majority of managers aren't going to go out on the limb, like they might in a regular sales job.

bread's done
Back