Trade in value of 256MB memory unit?

Probably $2 since they go for $20 on Gamestop's website.

I wish Microsoft would have released at least a maximum capacity of 16 gb card.
Are there even game save files larger than 512 mb?

That's too bad. I don't really know what I should do. I recently filled up my 256 MB card and I'm looking for the best/cheapest way to get more memory. (I don't like to put my save games on the HDD btw)

Don't quite a few model of flash drives work with the 360 if they're formatted FAT32?

You could just buy one of the ones that're known to work with the 360 and have GIGS of space.;)

As for the trade in value of the 256mb memory unit, you can find that out HERE .

There's a huge Gamestop trade in value thread on CAG that's well maintained. One of the first half dozen or so posts should contain the answer you seek.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't quite a few model of flash drives work with the 360 if they're formatted FAT32?

.[/QUOTE]

Yup, any flash drive will work, but you can only use 16GB. When you use it for the first time it will tell you it needs to be formatted for the 360.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't quite a few model of flash drives work with the 360 if they're formatted FAT32?

You could just buy one of the ones that're known to work with the 360 and have GIGS of space.;)

As for the trade in value of the 256mb memory unit, you can find that out HERE .

There's a huge Gamestop trade in value thread on CAG that's well maintained. One of the first half dozen or so posts should contain the answer you seek.[/QUOTE]

This helped. Looks like $4.

Thank you.

[quote name='jello44']Yup, any flash drive will work, but you can only use 16GB. When you use it for the first time it will tell you it needs to be formatted for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Thanks SO MUCH for this info. I just stuck my spare JetFlash 2GB in there and it worked. :bouncy:

8GB flash drives are pretty cheap. There are deals all over the net and one should suit your game save storage needs for some time...

Just out of curiosity, why dont you put your game saves on the HDD?

I have a 250GB HDD I bought for $70 off eBay that I have been using for a year that is full of game saves. If I get worried, I can use my xfer cable to hook it up to my desktop and back them all up with xtaf. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']8GB flash drives are pretty cheap. There are deals all over the net and one should suit your game save storage needs for some time...

Just out of curiosity, why dont you put your game saves on the HDD?

I have a 250GB HDD I bought for $70 off eBay that I have been using for a year that is full of game saves. If I get worried, I can use my xfer cable to hook it up to my desktop and back them all up with xtaf. :D[/QUOTE]

It's a personal thing. It helps me stay organized and I feel better placing large files (games, demos, DLC) on an HDD and tons of tiny broken up files (saves, profiles etc) on a separate MU.

Funny thing is there's still a demand for these things because people don't have their consoles hooked up online don't have the update for USB sticks, and these things are sold for $15 vs. the hard drives selling for $40 for a 20GB one. Lots of people buy used 360's for some stupid reason.

bread's done
Back