Trade ins at Best Buy

pds319

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Good evening everyone. I couldn't find anything about this on here so I'm going to find out; some BB have begun (or have been) doing trade ins and selling used games, hardware, and enterainment equipment. What I'm wondering is, generally, how much and what kind of credit do they give? Is it store credit or do they give a percentage in cash back? Are their amounts comparable to EB and others? I'm trying to curb the cost of a PSP since I just fell like ass backwards into some money and I have a gift card there. Any help on this subject would eb greatly appreciated.

-Paul

PSA: Not letting your friends drink and drive can save their lives. Just watch out when you take their keys, drunks are abnormally strong and feel no pain.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']i work at best buy and have never heard of this... so i guess my store doesnt??[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a safe bet to me.

In Maryland, the BB in Glen Burnie does trade ins, but I haven't gotten a chance to go up there. Its like an hour and a half drive. Thanks for the input though.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']That or you suck at your job. ;)[/QUOTE]

haha i very well may.. the nice thing is though, best buy is actually employing a "devil customer" which seems strange in practice...

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']haha i very well may.. the nice thing is though, best buy is actually employing a "devil customer" which seems strange in practice...[/QUOTE]

Haha, I always laugh when I remember those comments made about the cheap-asses, lol.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']haha i very well may.. the nice thing is though, best buy is actually employing a "devil customer" which seems strange in practice...[/QUOTE]

Make that two devil customers. And the Best Buy in South Bend/Mishawaka, Indiana does not do trade ins either.

I did a research questionaire session at Best Buy in Riverside, California, and they had brought up that possibility. However, it seems as though Southern California is always the last to get these types of things (i.e. GameRush), so we shall see.

I remember hearing about this a few months ago. Of course none of the BB's did it here. I just remember it being mentioned. Don't know anything about it though. So I guess this is a useless post.

+1

I had also heard that Best Buy was going to start accepting stuff like TVs and stereos for trade-in as part of this program (it was in an old thread here). Is that still in the works?

There is several of BB in my area that accepts trade-ins of electronic items. Do not trade in games newer games there, just go to a gamestop or eb. It's best to trade in used VCRs, DVD players, TVsor stereos that's not being used and you know it worth shit on ebay.

From what I've heard the trade in program at BBY is just being tested out at select stores right now. If it ever is phased out nationwide however is all depending on how the tests go...

bread's done
Back