Trade with danthemightyone appears to have gone bad,

priest_ridden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
****Updated as per the suggestion of some of the posts with the users name****

Hi,

I wasn't sure where else to put this, but I had a trade with a member who lives in Canada. I agreed to ship first as I had the lower feedback. This user has not logged on since I emailed him regarding the items being shipped, back on the 12th of March. I shipped the games from MI, to Ontario. Now I know things take longer to Canada, so when should I be worried. At this point I assume my games are gone, and I'll never see anything from this user. Though I do have his address and he is only an 8 hour drive from my house.

I did a quick google for the user and found that he has also recently been listed as a bad trader on Game Trading zone, here is a link to his account there
http://gametz.com/user/soulx.html

He received the following games from me:

Shenmue: LE
Virtual On: Cyber Troopers
Darius Gaiden
Lunar: The Silver Star
Sonic CD
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarters

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but I wasn't sure where else to post it.

If anyone has any contact information for this user I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have been scammed, when the mods come give them all the pms and his address and like the above user said let us know who he is so we can somewhat help you out

Don't wait for the Mods to come. The first action if you think you have been scammed is to contact a mod about it.

What a shame, i just shipped to canada recently, off the top of my head, Magiic Goomba478 and Placebo, are from canada and are all great traders

[quote name='negid']You'd think that if they had more than 18 feedback, they'd be fairly trusted CAGers.[/QUOTE]

Me and many other CAGs have been ripped off by a guy with like 25 feedback. And since then, I honestly won't considering trading with someone under 40 feedback unless they agree ship first.

It's just odd that he fell off the face of the earth on two sites at once and hasn't responded on either of them. The reason it sucks is that I have traditionally avoided trading to canada and just did on this occasion as we had talked back and forth for a while on the trade. I don't know, I guess if he doesn't re-appear I can always take a drive. He's only 8 hours from here and I could stop off in Toronto for a night after addressing the situation in person.

Which MODs should I contact regarding this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danthemightyone has been pretty well respected around here and has participated in quite a few big trades. It's always good to be careful, though.

From what you posted, it sounds like he hasn't logged in to either site recently. I'm sure something must be going on.

[quote name='thelonepig']Danthemightyone has been pretty well respected around here and has participated in quite a few big trades. It's always good to be careful, though.

From what you posted, it sounds like he hasn't logged in to either site recently. I'm sure something must be going on.[/QUOTE]

That's why at first I didn't want to mention his name because it seemed weird to me, but also at this point i wanted to atleast put it out to the CAG community so if anyone knew anything they could help. I'm really not trying to slander the guy, but don't know where else to turn.

[quote name='priest_ridden']I've updated the title to reflect the name of the user Danthemightyone, who the trade appears to have gone south with. Here is a link to his GTZ account where he went by a different user name

http://gametz.com/user/soulx.html

It's just odd that he fell off the face of the earth on two sites at once and hasn't responded on either of them. The reason it sucks is that I have traditionally avoided trading to canada and just did on this occasion as we had talked back and forth for a while on the trade. I don't know, I guess if he doesn't re-appear I can always take a drive. He's only 8 hours from here and I could stop off in Toronto for a night after addressing the situation in person.

Which MODs should I contact regarding this.[/QUOTE]
come pick me up i live in Buffalo,NY

I made a huge trade with him last year. He sent first. It took forever for him to send, and it took forever to agree on terms in the first place. I wouldn't have traded with him again even if I hadn't seen this.

All the communications I've had with him where pleasant, and never got a bad feeling about it. I'm hoping there is a simple non-scamming explanation for this. I've contacted the guys at the other site he was on and am seeing if they have any additional contact information, or if they've had any luck getting a hold of him.

This is whats happening on cag.com... people actually trade thier stuff in the beginning and get a few ratings and then decide to get a bunch of people to send them stuff and scam them (mackdaddy226 did this 2)

Man danthemightyone really? Thats crazy. I was in talks of a huge trade with him awhile back, I backed out because of the shipping cost on my end was gonna be in 80 dollar range.(lots o strategy guides). But throughout the communications he seemed like a nice dude and was really quick to respond to messages and everything. Sorry this happened priest, i hope your trade wasn't too big and your losses not that great. but wow I hope hes doing all right, hopefully its just one big misunderstanding and he had a severe emergency come up, but at the least he could have contacted you.

Goodluck TC.

Another GTZ member contacted me and he also has a trade that went bad with Danthemightyone during the same period as me. It looks like this guy went for broke and ripped off multiple people at once

contact a mod on this asap, dan has not been placed in a trading timeout

I pm'd shrike and pooky for you.

[quote name='rmb']contact a mod on this asap, dan has not been placed in a trading timeout

I pm'd shrike and pooky for you.[/QUOTE]
Thanks I wasn't sure which moderators to contact.

[quote name='shrike4242']Stuck the thread and tossed danthemightyone into TTO. I'll be PMing him and asking him what's up.[/QUOTE]
I appreciate you helping me look into this.

[quote name='priest_ridden']Another GTZ member contacted me and he also has a trade that went bad with Danthemightyone during the same period as me. It looks like this guy went for broke and ripped off multiple people at once[/quote]

Get all of these people together and get them the contact information for Danthemightyone's local police department. This will get taken care of as long as everyone pushes it. I'd honestly prosecute.

If there is a sticky at the top of the page showing that someone has been prosecuted then I have a feeling there wouldn't be as many scams going around.

Sorry for your loss...

from dan's posts, i'd say something probably went wrong.. maybe family emergency or something of that sort. hopefully some1 will get a hold of him.

i am sure some1 said this, but did you look up his info on the net? like yellow book or anything of that sort.

Wow, I am lucky my trade with him fell through. I was in talks with him a few weeks back about a large number of guides he wanted of mine. We went back and forth for weeks but ultimately I told him to forget it because he was totally unreasonable. He was going to trade me two games worth about a total of $45-50 for a ton of guides worth about $40 plus shipping which was going to cost me over $25 (guides are heavy). He wouldn't even throw in a broken gameboy color that he had to even things out a bit (sound was messed up but figured my little daughter would like it) so I ultimately declined. This was the first trade that made it that far that I ever declined on. Guess I am even more glad now. For Mods' reference I checked my pm's and the last time I heard from him was Feb 23rd.

I traded with him on GTZ, I sent him an i am legend collectors edition blu-ray, the havent heard from him and others i contacted havent either, i sent his movie to him on the 4th of march, this is an extremely discouraging situation. This plus the scams over on Highdefdigest, this trading scams are getting pretty bad:(

I just heard from the other member at TGZ and here is what he got off of him

Super Mario Galaxy -- Launch Coin Only (Nintendo Wii), Eternal Poison Art Book (PlayStation 2), Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories Postcards (3 total) (PlayStation 2), PaRappa the Rapper 2 (PlayStation 2), Infinite Undiscovery - LithoCell with Special Item Code (Xbox 360), Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone -- The Soundtrack (Atlus USA)

I also tracked down a phone number that goes to the same address, with a person having the same last name. I gave that number to sunstar and the other user on GTZ. I plan on calling tomorrow and if nothing is resolved or explained I will probably contact the Ottawa Police Dept. as the value of all the items combined is a couple hundred dollars.

I have traded with him in the past. The transaction took about a month to complete and I shipped first. The trade of items value were around $60.00ish at the time. My experience was positive, being my first trade and all I asked bunch of questions and he always replied within 24 hours. I'm not sure if my post matters (cause I only have 2 itrader feedback and my tradelist is closed lol).

I wouldn't write him off yet though... he might be on spring break vacation or something (it would've been nice if he pm'ed if it were the case). Well keep us updated, and sorry for your loss

*I still have pms leftovers from trade with dan. in my inbox; i'll disclose them and any other helpful information to a mod if a mod requests it (hopefully won't happen)

Damn if he did rip people off. He got tons of stuff and then went MIA. I had talked to him about buying stuff and he seemed like a pretty cool guy, but then again you can never really tell anyones true colors at all. Well I hope it gets fixed and everyone gets there stuff back.

In the spirit of being fair, Danthemightyone hooked me up with my Canadian Exclusive The Dark Knight Blu Ray Steelbook. I felt the communication was good and the shipping prompt. Maybe he's just experiencing some personal issues right now and running behind on things.

I still hope it's a personal thing, but man there are 3 people, that we know of, that have sent him things and the last communication was about a month ago. I know life can be messed up at time, but it doesn't take much effort to shoot out an email.

Wow, I've been in trade talks with him twice before (both initiated by me) and I'm pretty glad they both fell through. The first time, he was pretty unresponsive, saying once that he was on an impromptu vacation and a few weeks later that he had forgotten. The second time, he had a list of like 30 guides of mine he was looking for, and I backed out because of the ludacris shipping costs. I guess I'm glad those both fell through.

Wow, wouldn't expect this of him.

I'm hoping it is some crazy personal issues and hard times where he would have no access to a computer or anything whatsoever.

And not like it matters but to give my insight, my experience with him was very pleasant.

We actually initiated a trade during Feb and finished the deal in early March. We even did a 3 way trade that actually worked. His communication was very prompt and I dealt with about $90+ worth of stuff as well.

So about 10 days later, this happens. I'm not sure what to think. I hope the best for everyone involved.

I completed a big trade with him a couple months back and everything worked out fine. Hopefully something just came up and this will get resolved.

Same experience as the previous positives.
I traded with him twice and the last time for a bunch of his blu-rays.
Never had any issues with him.

I hope he comes back to clear this up for sure.

Ridiculous. In my past situation, contacting the police in the supposed scammer's area helped tremendously. Even if they could call or pay a visit to his house.. find out what's going on.

[quote name='priest_ridden']I just heard from the other member at TGZ and here is what he got off of him

Super Mario Galaxy -- Launch Coin Only (Nintendo Wii), Eternal Poison Art Book (PlayStation 2), Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories Postcards (3 total) (PlayStation 2), PaRappa the Rapper 2 (PlayStation 2), Infinite Undiscovery - LithoCell with Special Item Code (Xbox 360), Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone -- The Soundtrack (Atlus USA)

I also tracked down a phone number that goes to the same address, with a person having the same last name. I gave that number to sunstar and the other user on GTZ. I plan on calling tomorrow and if nothing is resolved or explained I will probably contact the Ottawa Police Dept. as the value of all the items combined is a couple hundred dollars.[/quote]

I am the unfortunate GTZer who traded this stuff to this jerk...He just completely disappeared after we were trying to rectify this issue....I absoluetly hate scammers.

Here's his GameTZ profile... http://gametz.com/user/soulx.html

Well, he stated that he dislike scammers too so you have things in common.
"Likes: $$$"
"Dislikes: Scammers and dishonest people"

bread's done
Back