Trading in 360 at Gamestop...Hard Drive Required?

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I plan on trading my 360 in at Gamestop this week and I just wanted to know, do they require you to trade-in the hard drive as well?

I was hoping to sell my 20 gb hard drive on eBay to fetch more than the trade-in credit.

I have a 512 MB memory unit...will that work instead? Also, what is the approximate trade-in value on a 360 now?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PawnTakesKing']I plan on trading my 360 in at Gamestop this week and I just wanted to know, do they require you to trade-in the hard drive as well?

I was hoping to sell my 20 gb hard drive on eBay to fetch more than the trade-in credit.

I have a 512 MB memory unit...will that work instead? Also, what is the approximate trade-in value on a 360 now?[/quote]

Trading in the hard drive isn't required, but I'd sell it somewhere other than Gamestop. The value of a 360 system is, I think, $110, and a HDD is only an extra $20 on top of that, I think. Craigslist or eBay would be your friend in this case :)

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']I plan on trading my 360 in at Gamestop this week and I just wanted to know, do they require you to trade-in the hard drive as well?

I have a 512 MB memory unit...will that work instead? Also, what is the approximate trade-in value on a 360 now?[/quote]
I take it that youre trading in a dying 360? why else would you trade it to gamestop for 100 bucks instead of ebaying the whole thing

[quote name='decrot']I take it that youre trading in a dying 360? why else would you trade it to gamestop for 100 bucks instead of ebaying the whole thing[/quote]

Why else would anyone consider selling a system to Gamestop, where they're guaranteed to get the lowest trade in value of anyplace around? I used to use them constantly to dump off my systems that I bought from local shops for $10-15, got about 6 months out of, then cleaned up and traded in as the lasers were dying on them.

Back in the day I might've traded in systems and what not that weren't on the verge of going kaput, but since I realized there's so many other places I can sell them for MORE money, why even bother with Gamestop?

Use Ebay or Craigslist, PawnTakesKing, since those are much better options.

bread's done
Back