Trading in broken 360 console to Gamestop?

Yamato

CAGiversary!
Feedback
171 (100%)
Does anyone have experience with this?

I've heard that they still take the console, but you only get about half of what the normal trade-in price is. What are the guidelines here?

-Will they take it if its been opened?

-What errors/problems are they willing to accept?

-etc

If anyone has tried this, or has any other suggestions on what to do with a E 71 360, feel free to enlighten me.

I tried taking in my broken 360 that " I " opened and practically got chewed out , lol . But the good part about it is you can call there Main Peoples of the company and you might get a giftcard from be refused to trade in :D

[quote name='Yamato']Well this sucks. Any other suggestions on what to do with it? Is selling for parts effective?[/QUOTE]

How broken are we talking? You could also sell it on eBay, people will still buy it.

[quote name='Yamato']Well this sucks. Any other suggestions on what to do with it? Is selling for parts effective?[/QUOTE]

If you want to be a dick you may be able to buy the warranty sticker on ebay and apply it to the 360 yourself.

Or just sell it yourself. My friend just dumped off two broken 360s and got like 65 bucks for them. Not bad.

I'll check out eBay and see what kind of broken consoles are being sold. The 360 actually powers on and plays fine for around an hour, then it will start locking up and getting the E 71.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll see what I can do.

[quote name='Yamato']I'll check out eBay and see what kind of broken consoles are being sold. The 360 actually powers on and plays fine for around an hour, then it will start locking up and getting the E 71.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll see what I can do.[/QUOTE]

If it plays fine for a hour, just take it to gamestop like it works, long as it works while they test it for 5 mins, then your good

they usually only test the system for only a minute... if your trying to trade it in towards another 360 you get an extra 30 bucks. Last i checked it was 80 bucks working so $110 toward a new 360

[quote name='Poor2More']If it plays fine for a hour, just take it to gamestop like it works, long as it works while they test it for 5 mins, then your good[/QUOTE]

And that's how you go from poor to more, eh? There's an ethical breakdown there that isn't justified by Gamestop's own policy/gullibility/greed/evil or whatever you may think.

[quote name='rapsodist']And that's how you go from poor to more, eh? There's an ethical breakdown there that isn't justified by Gamestop's own policy/gullibility/greed/evil or whatever you may think.[/QUOTE]

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!, na I have never/would never do this, but its all base on your moral ethical fiber

If it were screwing over gamestop I would go for it..but another gamer like myself will get stuck with it. I couldn't do that. Besides, I already bought a new one, just wanted to get the old one out of here.

My old 360 had the red ring, I fixed it by adding the X-clamp, it worked great another year or so then started having troubles again with the red ring. It was sporadic, but I crossed my fingers and took it into Gamestop. They tested it to make sure it works plays, they probably played it about 5 minutes or so. They also checked for the Microsoft seal which had been broken, but didn't say anything to me about it. I got $80 plus the additional $30 and used it to buy another working 360 there.

I sleep fine at night, especially after spending the evening playing my new 360 with a working chipset.

bread's done
Back