Trading in my 60GB PS3

NoCoolOnesLeft

CAG Veteran
I have a 60GB PS3 that I'm wanting to trade in for a 120GB PS3 (CECH-2301A). But does anyone know the best place to do so?

My town has the following:

GAME
HMV
Blockbuster

Not sure if Currys, PC World and Comet do trade ins too?

But since GAME have a 120GB with Uncharted 2 for £250 it seems like the best deal. Although I've been told on other forums that they are only offering £140 for 60GB trade ins unlike the £150 I was quoted last month. So would GAME be the best bet to trade it in and I take it they'll have a 2301A model too?

[quote name='robodaddyo']What models is 2301A? I've never heard of that one.[/QUOTE]
Since the OP posted the pounds symbol, I'm assuming that they're overseas and as such they have varying model #'s and SKU's versus those of us in North America.

If I remember correctly, the 60gb models overseas didn't even have hardware based backwards compatability. It was done via software from the start.

Anyway, if I were the OP I'd just go with whichever chain had the best trade in deal and hopefully had a slim PS3 in stock to be able to replace the older PS3 with.

Good luck either way though, OP.

I know he's from overseas but I haven't seen any news of a 2300 series PS3. The last two numerals indicate the region the PS3 is to be sold in. For example, 2100 is Japan, 2101 is North America, 02, 03, 08, 11 (now discontinued) were for EU countries but they still have 04, 05, 06, 07 and 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back