Trading up to PS3 Slim

Tooki

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for the best deal to sell my 80 GB fat PS3 (not backwards compatible) or trade it in for a slim. Right now Newegg's having that $50 gift card offer with a new slim so I'd like to do it ASAP.

How much should I expect to get for my fat PS3 on craigslist, or what other options do I have?

On CL, it depends what comes with it. Is it just the system? If so, I'd say depending on the age $125-$150. You can try $175, but it really depends on your location.

Be prepared to be lowballed like crazy on CL though, so put the system at an artificially high price so they have room to knock you down to where you may feel comfortable selling it.;)

That's what I do. I put the system(s)/game(s) I'm selling on there at a ridiculous price so the people can think they're getting a good deal, but in fact they're actually giving me close to what I want in the end.

Of course, you also have to deal with the flakes on CL who will stop contacting you midway through negotiating a deal or they'll show up 30-45 minutes late to wherever you're supposed to meet them.

Have you looked at the Target $160 in gift cards dealie as of yet? You buy a Blu-Ray at the front registers and there's a coupon that'll print randomly offering a $100 gc when you present it. This is combined with the $60 gc they're offering already this week.

Mind you, you are paying MSRP for the system, but you're getting more than 50% of that back in gift cards.;)

If I were you, I'd sell the Fat 80GB on Ebay or craigslist. A non backwards compatible one sells for $120 or so if you don't include shipping. If you don't want to go out of pocket $300.00 on Target, I'll sell you the one I got for $235.00 with free shipping (either UPS ground or USPS parcel post w/ DC) through paypal. I have a 250GB PS3 already so I got this kinda on a whim. It is a brand new 160GB one from the Target deal. Hope this helps. Just PM me if you want it.

bread's done
Back