Transfer Gold Trial

drunkenxsouljah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
I recently got a 360 arcade, first thing I did was register the console for warranty and made a account on the xbox site, then turned the 360 and did recover gamertag and it worked. But somehow I only had silver membership, so I went to look in the box again to see if there was a gold trial code or anything and turned the machine off and unplugged the ethernet cable. While I was away my cousin turned the machine on and it asked him to make gamertag, he thought I didn't make one so he created one for me and somehow he got the 1 month gold free trial. I know I can just delete the gamertag my cousin made but how do I transfer the gold trial to my account?

I'm pretty sure the 1-month gold trial only applies to accounts made on the new Arcade. You cannot transfer a live sub. You'll probably have to make a new gamertag on the Arcade in order to get the 1 month (I think you get 5 trials, but it must be 5 unique gamertags)

[quote name='rusty']I'm pretty sure the 1-month gold trial only applies to accounts made on the new Arcade. You cannot transfer a live sub. You'll probably have to make a new gamertag on the Arcade in order to get the 1 month (I think you get 5 trials, but it must be 5 unique gamertags)[/QUOTE]
It's 3 trials, but you're right on the rest. You only get the trial if you make a new account, not recover a previously created one.

The one with the silver account only is a brand new account, I never had a xbox 360 before. If I do make a new one do I have to change everything on the warranty site?

okay i created a new account and got the free trial but lets say something happens to me xbox can i still send my xbox for repairs? cause the account i registered first time is the account i registered my console for warranty and i deleted that account but i can still sign in at xbox.com so does that mean i'm all good now?

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']okay i created a new account and got the free trial but lets say something happens to me xbox can i still send my xbox for repairs? cause the account i registered first time is the account i registered my console for warranty and i deleted that account but i can still sign in at xbox.com so does that mean i'm all good now?[/QUOTE]

As long as you are the original owner you will be fine.

bread's done
Back