Transformers 360 Faceplates at Dollar Tree

dchrisd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just picked up a Transformers Decepticon and Autobot Xbox 360 faceplate at Dollar Tree in California. Each faceplate comes with 12 different designs you can switch.

To see what they look like, here's a link to a Google Image search, search terms "transformers faceplate 360" if you don't want to click the link:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=...rmers faceplate 360&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Also got a Wii Controller grip (always wanted to try one out) with bonus retro NES WiiMote controller skin.

Not bad for a $1 each.

Shouldn't be YMMV. In my experience Dollar Trees tend to be fairly universal with what they carry, but might not be, so YMMV.

Edit: Probably wrong forum, but its video game related

Last edited by a moderator:
My boyfriend used to work at a Dollar Tree and said that product varies from store to store. I will have to go check this out...seems cool for only a $1.

I haven't seen gaming stuff at my local Dollar Tree for a few years. Back in the day, there was this little endcap with a weird assortment of stuff, mostly lots of copies of The Weakest Link for PS1, The Da Vinci Code for PS2, and some Dragonball game for the GBA.

Well, they do have an American Vii called Zone for $50, but nothing else. Even though it seems like this new wave of accessories is pretty YMMV, I still might give my Dollar Tree a check, just incase there's something fairly decent. The NES-themed Wiimote skin sounds like something I'd like.

Got Faceplates from a Southern California Dollar Tree (San Diego area-ish).

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Hmm i might check it out... do you have a pic of the retro wii skin?[/QUOTE]

I've looked online and cannot find one. All the NES WiiMote skins have extra stripes going the opposite way. But kinda looks like this:
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/6696926481524561.JPG?0.17423521685093357
except the middle stripes go the other way, there's no "white thing" in the middle and there is no Nintendo label

Items and stock of items fluctuate a lot at Dollar Tree, the kind the thing where you have to go check often to stay on top of what they have.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would all the dollar tree stores carry the same thing or does it vary?
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I never thought we would find deals from dollar tree on CAG.

Thanks OP! I got Autobot and Decepticon for $2 bucks + Tax. Excellent find! My local Fry's wanted $15 bucks each. Crazy!

[quote name='Kelvin']Gotta replace my stock white since it crack from the heat[/QUOTE]

Where is your 360 located? inside an oven? :lol:

Dollar tree also had the mcfarlane guitar hero toy guitars but I think they are sold out in most stores now. Things like that are promotioal items and only come in their shipments once or sometimes twice and then they usally never carry it again.

[quote name='BowserK']anybody in socal, know where there are some. the one in Culver City doesn't have any.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just there myself. They did have Wii controller grips. Which I wouldn't even mention, but they come with original NES stickers to stick on the controllers.

[quote name='dchrisd']Got Faceplates from a Southern California Dollar Tree (San Diego area-ish).

I've looked online and cannot find one. All the NES WiiMote skins have extra stripes going the opposite way. But kinda looks like this:
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/6696926481524561.JPG?0.17423521685093357
except the middle stripes go the other way, there's no "white thing" in the middle and there is no Nintendo label[/QUOTE]

was it the one next to Fry's and Walmart?

I just came back from my local Dollar Tree and grabbed the faceplate plus a Wii remote grip. This was at the Whittier,CA store at the Quad... They had about 15+ left

the Dollar Tree store near Santa Cruz, CA had some; only the Decepticon version. No Autobots.

I picked up extras for local CAGs in my area, shoot me a PM for a trade.

thanks, dchrisd (OP)!

dollar tree in north hollywood has some bumblebees. last i saw there was five only.. these are the TF movie characters also.

[quote name='bizzyoz']dollar tree in north hollywood has some bumblebees. last i saw there was five only.. these are the TF movie characters also.[/QUOTE]

FYI the Autobots plates are not just Bumblebee. There are 12 "skins" you can interchange on the plate, each with a different design.

i got a decepticons one from chino, ca, i need an autobot one though, i came home and my mom had went to the dollar tree and got one, i didnt even have to go lol

the one is Seaside,CA had autobots version. I bought 2, there were abotu 8 left. Also i got a pedometer while there. awesome for a dollar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked out the 2 stores near me and one of them had the last two decepticons. Bought one for me and another for a friends birthday.

bread's done
Back