Transformers Armada $29.99 on Amazon

It's 2014. Where's Blu-ray version?
The same place as all those Blu-rays a) of old kids shows, b) of Shout Factory! shows, and c) of shows made after 2000 but before HD.

Believe it or not, not every TV show will be on Blu-ray. That will only happen when DVDs cease to exist. And as a long as people continue to buy most of their TV series from B&M stores like Best Buy, Walmart, and Target, none of whom sell kids TV shows on Blu-ray, they will stay on DVD.

Here are all the kids shows on Blu-ray right now:

- Justice League Seasons 1 & 2
- Batman: Brave and the Bold Season 1
- Adventure Time Seasons 1-3
- Transformers Prime Seasons 1-3
- G.I. Joe Renegades Season 1
- Regular Show Season 1/2
- Legend of Korra Season 1
- Beware the Batman Season 1, Part 1

That's 13 releases. And how many of them are found in stores? Maybe half? And that's only at movie specialty stores like MovieStop and FYE. And all of those releases have rabid fanbases. Transformers as a whole has a large fanbase, but not the Unicron Trilogy.

Most kids TV Shows nowadays are just the episodes slapped on 2-3 DVDs with some generic coverart (especially WB shows). What reason do they have to put these on Blu-ray? And no, an idiotic reason like "It's 2014" is not valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention that there most likely won't be any restoration done if they even put it on Blu-Ray. I'm more than happy with these releases being just put out, I get to relive my childhood through my children again.

Even if they did a restoration, would they just enhance the original broadcast version, or would they actually replace all the unfinished animation (like the episode where Starscream was a black dot with wings)?

Don't torture your kids with Armada or Energon. Just wait for Cybertron.

We have the original series, I bought The Matrix of Leadership edition years ago, that's the only one I'll most likely ever own.

You need Beast Wars, Cybertron, and Prime (I would recommend Animated if they actually released all of it).

Good. Hopefully it has the pilot movie too, though it being 6 discs makes me worry.

Now all we need is Robots in Disguise (and I guess Beast Machines since the old set is OOP)

If transformers Animated is in widescreen (since it exists in that format) and not fullscreen like the idiots at CN first released on dvd in, I'll be a super-happy camper, and will definitely rebuy the whole series, even though I have the individual releases for seasons 1 and 2.  I freaking loved that show, and wish it hadn't been cancelled after only 3 seasons.  Starbob Screampants was the best Starscream (maybe other than Chris Latta), but Steve Blum was a good Star scream, too, just a different kind of starscream.

Paramount released the series first.

Widescreen is a definite possibility since Shout Factory is good about getting the original masters.

Shout has the Animated set for $38 on their website and it comes with a lithograph.

The Animated sets (3rd Season and Complete) will be in widescreen.

For Hasbro shows all we need released is RiD as the UK sets are long out of print. Beast Machines has only been released once (by Rhino) so it could do with a reissue.

For Takara, Shout has the Japanese collection which covers the G1 shows but NO ONE outside of Japan has released Beast Wars II or Beast Wars Neo.

True, but I keep hoping Madman or Metrodome will sub it like they did the Japanese G1 stuff.

I guess if we're being *really* picky we still need Season 5 of G1. The one with the PMOP puppet :D

The G2 show really should've been alternate angles on the G1 set too but that's just the Cybernet Space Cube and not "new" story stuff.

bread's done
Back