Transformers Blu-ray - $19.95

[quote name='62t']it is really worth it to update from the hd dvd version?[/QUOTE]

From what I'm told, the only major different is the TrueHD (Blu-ray) vs Dolby Digital-Plus (HD) audio track. I guess if your sound system can handle true uncompressed audio, go for it. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth the upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn them for removing the price guarantee thing.. I literally purchased both the same day the price drop occurred and after several emails and calls now, they won't budge.

[quote name='foundation']Damn them for removing the price guarantee thing.. I literally purchased both the same day the price drop occurred and after several emails and calls now, they won't budge.[/QUOTE]

return it and buy it again.

[quote name='foundation']Damn them for removing the price guarantee thing.. I literally purchased both the same day the price drop occurred and after several emails and calls now, they won't budge.[/QUOTE]

There is one way still "around" the policy. If you placed your order BEFORE September 1st and the items are not shipping until now because you had stuff bundled with a bunch of pre-orders, they WILL still adjust the prices because the order was placed before the policy change. I had that happen with Speed Racer and I emailed just for the heck of it, and they said since the order was placed before 9/1 they would still honor the price adjustment and I got the credit.

Epic price I ordered it 3 days ago and got it on saturday, Amazing movie and a great price for a 2 disc Bluray edition. Just need to wait for Nightmare before christmas to drop so I can pick that up then buy the jack skellington bust from the ultimate collectors edition.

[quote name='wowzors']Epic price I ordered it 3 days ago and got it on saturday, Amazing movie and a great price for a 2 disc Bluray edition. Just need to wait for Nightmare before christmas to drop so I can pick that up then buy the jack skellington bust from the ultimate collectors edition.[/quote]

You do know that Nightmare is only 22.95 on Amazon right now right?

[quote name='eastx']Back up to $24.95 now. I already have the HD DVD, myself.[/quote]
damnit, just missed out
frown.gif

don't worry, the BDs have been going up and down lately. i'd expect a sale again soon.

You can still snag it at Target.com (and check out w/ your Amazon account) for $19.99. After standard shipping, it was about $22.95

got this to add to my hd-dvd version. mainly for the audio and the ease of blu-ray (2 blu-ray players hooked up to my system)

[quote name='foundation']Damn them for removing the price guarantee thing...[/quote]

Amazon does not have the price guarantee any more ??

[quote name='asnatlas']Amazon does not have the price guarantee any more ??[/QUOTE]

Nope, it ended on September 1st. It will still apply for any items you ordered before September 1st and they may not have shipped yet. You will still be able to adjust them for lower prices, but anything after that date and you're out of luck.

[quote name='shadowkast']i grabbed it last time and have yet to redeem the $10 upgrade rebate[/quote]

Me too, because I'm too lazy and that upc on the Blu Ray seems like a pain to cut out. We have until Jan 2009 to send it in though.

bread's done
Back