Transformers DotM 3D...any deals?

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I came across the Digital Copy I had buried on my computer desk of the original Transformers Dark of the Moon blu-ray combo release. I then remembered I still had the $10 off coupon to upgrade to the 3D ultimate version. Coupon expires on Saturday.

Looks like walmart.com and amazon PM is the best price at $22.96, but I can't apply the coupon online and stupid Walmart B&M($29.96) will not match their online site. Best Buy also has it for $29.99. This would put it at $19.99 AC.

Anyone know of any other deals?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy will pricematch WM.com plus $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and if the price goes down within the return period they will refund the difference

[quote name='tyron3biggum5']Yup, and if the price goes down within the return period they will refund the difference[/QUOTE]

Really? I was there earlier today and they made me wait while they called over to see the price and if it was in stock. I told them it was on sale at walmart.com. Is this policy, or ymmv? Thanks.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Really? I was there earlier today and they made me wait while they called over to see the price and if it was in stock. I told them it was on sale at walmart.com. Is this policy, or ymmv? Thanks.[/QUOTE]That's not official policy. Here's the official policy where Best Buy states they won't PM against Internet retailers:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

If WM.com has one price, they'll call WM B&M to verify it and you'll get the price you've found previously.

If they match WM.com, it's a manager-allowed exception and not Best Buy policy.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's not official policy. Here's the official policy where Best Buy states they won't PM against Internet retailers:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

If WM.com has one price, they'll call WM B&M to verify it and you'll get the price you've found previously.

If they match WM.com, it's a manager-allowed exception and not Best Buy policy.[/QUOTE]

OK. Thanks for the clarification. I have some stuff to do tonight, so perhaps I will stop in again. The night crew is a little more relaxed at my store. Thanks for the PM idea. Either way I will pick it up at BB. I am RZ Silver, so that gives me 2 months to watch for a sale.

Wow I have to try that. $13 AC is pretty good. I have never had any success price matching pretty much any deal I've wanted at the Best Buys here in New York though. The fact that there's technically no Wal-Marts in NYC might not help the price match cause. I've heard of people getting them to price match B2G1 deals also but they never do it here. Worth a try at least I guess.

My local BB price matched WM.com, I had the manufacturer coupon and a $10 store credit. Got this for four bucks. Go, me.

So, I sold my original Blu/DVD combo pack on ebay clearing just over $10 after shipping/fees. Cost me $3 to upgrade to the 4 disc 3d ultimate edition. Thanks again for all of your help!

Just like I thought, since there are no Wal-Marts in NYC my Best Buy wouldn't price match it. Still decided to pick it up with the coupon and credit I had after I traded in some games I didn't want with the 100% bonus offer. Anyone have any experience with Best Buy's 30 day price guarantee? The lady at the check out did say they will price match within the 30 day period, but will the $10 off still be applied to the new price if this were to go on sale at all in the next 30 days?

[quote name='samusaran226']Just like I thought, since there are no Wal-Marts in NYC my Best Buy wouldn't price match it. Still decided to pick it up with the coupon and credit I had after I traded in some games I didn't want with the 100% bonus offer. Anyone have any experience with Best Buy's 30 day price guarantee? The lady at the check out did say they will price match within the 30 day period, but will the $10 off still be applied to the new price if this were to go on sale at all in the next 30 days?[/QUOTE]

Whoa...not a single wal-mart in all of NYC? Do you guys have a target or kmart?

[quote name='samusaran226']Just like I thought, since there are no Wal-Marts in NYC my Best Buy wouldn't price match it. Still decided to pick it up with the coupon and credit I had after I traded in some games I didn't want with the 100% bonus offer. Anyone have any experience with Best Buy's 30 day price guarantee? The lady at the check out did say they will price match within the 30 day period, but will the $10 off still be applied to the new price if this were to go on sale at all in the next 30 days?[/QUOTE]

It can be iffy with manufacturer's coupons (or at least so I've read numerous times here on CAG) but the one instance I had with a price adjustment involving one went fine. Granted, the cust. svc rep fought with the computer for about 15 minutes but they reapplied the coupon to the new price.

[quote name='Vap']Whoa...not a single wal-mart in all of NYC? Do you guys have a target or kmart?[/QUOTE]

Yea we got plenty of Kmarts and Targets but Wal-marts been pretty much banned from being built in NYC by unions and small business owners or something. We have one in Long Island, NY which is just outside NYC and technically on the same island as part of NYC but none in the actual city =\.

[quote name='hauz20']It can be iffy with manufacturer's coupons (or at least so I've read numerous times here on CAG) but the one instance I had with a price adjustment involving one went fine. Granted, the cust. svc rep fought with the computer for about 15 minutes but they reapplied the coupon to the new price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Guess it won't hurt to try but if the movie doesn't go on sale then it's a moot point anyway.

I think manufacturers coupons are tendered more like cash, so it should not affect a PM. Look at your receipt, it should show the original price of the movie. I would point that out if you have the opportunity to PM.

bread's done
Back