Transformers fans (live action movie related)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Huh?

I thought this was terribly old news. The movie was announced half a year ago.

Director = Michael Bay
Producer = Steven Spielberg

They even have pretty much the entire cast:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/

And no, the movie is not a remake of the cartoon movie.[/QUOTE]

I realize that the news of the live action movie isn't new but the website for the movie has just gone up within the last day or so.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You may find this site to be somewhat interesting.[/quote]

So, the site launches in 26 days?? At first I thought they were talking about the release date being this July.. then I read a little more closely and it says 2007.

Hmm.. still curious as to whom the voice actors are going to be.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']So, the site launches in 26 days?? At first I thought they were talking about the release date being this July.. then I read a little more closely and it says 2007.

Hmm.. still curious as to whom the voice actors are going to be.[/quote]
Me too. I was like, "Holy shit! The movie comes out in 25 days?!?! How'd that get past me?"

Then I dash all my hopes with the freaking scrolling and all.

Michael Bay directing scares me. Hopefully Senor Speilbergo will keep it on track.

At least we're getting an improved DVD release of the first movie for Christmas.

Anyone else see that site and think "SOMEEEETHIN' EEEVILLL'S WATCHING OVVVERR YOUUUUUU" ?

i still have STRONG reservations about this movie...althought I was excited when it was first announced...my enthualsum quicky dropped after realizing that *crap* they show on Cartoon with the transformer label on it. Those of us that are truely loyal to the ORIGINAL 80's show will REJECT this movie if the original voice actors for Prime and Megatron are not approached to voice again... I will not accept the new Prime or Megatron voice actors to play in the new movies.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i still have STRONG reservations about this movie...althought I was excited when it was first announced...my enthualsum quicky dropped after realizing that *crap* they show on Cartoon with the transformer label on it. Those of us that are truely loyal to the ORIGINAL 80's show will REJECT this movie if the original voice actors for Prime and Megatron are not approached to voice again... I will not accept the new Prime or Megatron voice actors to play in the new movies.[/QUOTE]
Sounds to me like someone's setting themselves up for some disappointment!!:cool:

[quote name='megaseadramon']The new prime and megatron were good back in the beast wars days, now they have lost there edge in the crap that has become transformers.[/QUOTE]

true, beast wars pretty much had good voice acting for prime and megatron.

Do you think they will do the origin story? I'm willing to bet that in an effort to appear "hip" classic Transformer models will be replaced with newer cars for advertising money/tie-ins. Rest assured that I will be on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

[quote name='javeryh']Do you think they will do the origin story? I'm willing to bet that in an effort to appear "hip" classic Transformer models will be replaced with newer cars for advertising money/tie-ins. Rest assured that I will be on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.[/QUOTE]

They're going to have to make the characters more "modern." They know that they're going to catch fans of the 80s show as well as new fans. Movies are a business, and as much as we hate it, they know how to make money. Having all completely retro cars would surely please all the old fans, but wouldn't really appeal to anyone else.

I'd have no problem if they "updated" the characters with more sleek and modern looks. I WOULD have a problem if they chose to do update their looks with specific companies; ie. Soundwave turning into a Bose Wave Acoustic Sound System.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']

I'd have no problem if they "updated" the characters with more sleek and modern looks. I WOULD have a problem if they chose to do update their looks with specific companies; ie. Soundwave turning into a Bose Wave Acoustic Sound System.[/QUOTE]

You know product placement will be everywhere in this movie. If Sony was fronting the money for this movie, you know Soundwave will be a Sony boombox :)

[quote name='megaseadramon']If they do that, I will freak the fuck out. Why can't hollywood keep anything true to the original series? I can see the GI Joe movie now, featureing the french army.[/QUOTE]

a transforming xb360? Ipod? plasma tv???

WTF

[quote name='ITDEFX']a transforming xb360? Ipod? plasma tv???

WTF[/QUOTE]

Versus a transforming microscope, cassette and of course cassette player. Really not all that far fetched in the transformers universe so that news doesn't bother me in the slightest, only thing that made me pause was Bumblebee beeing changed from a beetle, just would be weird.

[quote name='coolsteel']Versus a transforming microscope, cassette and of course cassette player. Really not all that far fetched in the transformers universe so that news doesn't bother me in the slightest, only thing that made me pause was Bumblebee beeing changed from a beetle, just would be weird.[/QUOTE]

hey man DON'T DiS Perceptor or Soundwave.......... Those where my two favorites in the toy line.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i still have STRONG reservations about this movie...althought I was excited when it was first announced...my enthualsum quicky dropped after realizing that *crap* they show on Cartoon with the transformer label on it. Those of us that are truely loyal to the ORIGINAL 80's show will REJECT this movie if the original voice actors for Prime and Megatron are not approached to voice again... I will not accept the new Prime or Megatron voice actors to play in the new movies.[/quote]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(2007_film)

According to that, that have at least been approached. Also according to that it will not deal with the original storyline.

[quote name='coolsteel']Versus a transforming microscope, cassette and of course cassette player. Really not all that far fetched in the transformers universe so that news doesn't bother me in the slightest, only thing that made me pause was Bumblebee beeing changed from a beetle, just would be weird.[/QUOTE]

Yea but the microscope and cassette player weren't blatant advertising.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea but the microscope and cassette player weren't blatant advertising.[/QUOTE]

Wait you mean you never had the urge to play with a chemistry set while listening to music on a tape player after watching transformers?!

But on a more serious note the third and short fourth seasons were pretty much toy advertisments anyway, if the movie has a logo slapped on everything from Prime's dodge emblem to a toaster oven made by Samsung I really have no problems with it. I welcome the transforming 360 with fire exhaust attack.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(2007_film)

According to that, that have at least been approached. Also according to that it will not deal with the original storyline.[/QUOTE]

OK...after reading that I am really BURNING RIGHT NOW... I really hate the fact that they screwing around with the names and there traditional roles in the series. Feels like what they did in the series they show on Cartoon network.. dishonoring and disrepecting our child hood heroes!!

I'd take information from Wikipedia about unconfirmed things very loosely. You know that wiki is completely made up of user-sent information right?

I trust wiki for just about everything else, but rumors? No way.

[quote name='Kayden']I've been listening to the Cartoons OST for the past few weeks. Sex in my ears. :lol:[/QUOTE]

did you wear your raincoat?

I was hoping to hear some classic Transformers music on that site.
Anyone else think that the Transformer on that site (could it be Megatron?) kinda looks like General Grievous?

bread's done
Back