Transformers(Generation One): The Complete Series-$48.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='ssjmichael']pretty good price, though it's been as low as $39.99 in the past and could drop to that again if you're in no rush[/QUOTE]

Really? Im debating if i should upgrade my set. I have the old Rhino editions but are these by shout better than the rhinos? Also noticed on netflix that this series has been added to its service. If it has been 39.99 before i guess i could wait

[quote name='trailmix10']are these by shout better than the rhinos?[/QUOTE]
Rhino had all kinds of sound effect, voice, and animation/color errors.

Also on Netflix Streaming: the new & excellent Transformers Prime.

Columia House (remember them?) sold them at a really good price with one of their monthly sales. I remember completing my whole Transformers DVD collection piece by piece through them.

[quote name='Kerig']Rhino had all kinds of sound effect, voice, and animation/color errors.

Also on Netflix Streaming: the new & excellent Transformers Prime.[/QUOTE]
For a second there I thought you were talking about that overly weird anime-ish Transformers series that was on Cartoon Network 3-5 years ago. What was that called?

wow I thought people would've surely jumped all over the $30-$40 sales that Walmart/BB had going for so long after the reprint came out. At this point ppl should just wait till father's day since these are the types of titles that will be discounted heavily.

[quote name='Enuf']wow I thought people would've surely jumped all over the $30-$40 sales that Walmart/BB had going for so long after the reprint came out.[/QUOTE]
I was keeping an eye on the Matrix Of Leadership edition that BB had for $150 for the longest time, since I figured they'd eventually clearance it out or something. But it just disappeared one day from both their site and the shelves here. I can't even find a review page for it from Best Buys' site, since I figured I could use the SKU from that to have them check for inventory.:whistle2:#

Woot that Matrix of Leadership thing for $59.99 one time. I was tempted but that thing is way too huge for me. Still it was a pretty great deal. Had I bought it, I probably would have just taken out all the cases and thew out the big packaging it came housed in

As it stands I don't really need this set I posted the deal for myself, since I have the "official" set that came out overseas years ago and that you had to special order from FYE for $100-150. I picked it up at a Salvation Army for $20(they had it marked $50 and it sat there for over a month).

Only problem is all of the menus are in Chinese and the voiceovers are as well unless you switch them over. Funniest thing is that there's a copy of the movie with it and that's in English from the start.:whistle2:s

I thought that was hilarious when I popped in the first DVD in the set figuring I'd just have to select a language or something. It only took maybe a couple minutes to figure out which menu option was for what though.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For a second there I thought you were talking about that overly weird anime-ish Transformers series that was on Cartoon Network 3-5 years ago. What was that called?[/QUOTE]

Transformers Animated. Possibly the most popular toy cartoon series in history to get wiped from the earth so quickly. The Season DVDs went OOP almost immediately after Season 2 was released.

The new series (Prime) is a pretty good blend of just about everything from G1 to the Bay movies (bumblebee can't talk :oldman: ) and has a constantly intriguing storyline.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was keeping an eye on the Matrix Of Leadership edition that BB had for $150 for the longest time, since I figured they'd eventually clearance it out or something. But it just disappeared one day from both their site and the shelves here. I can't even find a review page for it from Best Buys' site, since I figured I could use the SKU from that to have them check for inventory.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]Yeah, & that's why BB had tons in stock for me to pm. Walmart had it for $80 & I quickly purchased it from BB then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkzEeQ-Ph_Q

[quote name='ssjmichael']Woot that Matrix of Leadership thing for $59.99 one time. I was tempted but that thing is way too huge for me. Still it was a pretty great deal. Had I bought it, I probably would have just taken out all the cases and thew out the big packaging it came housed in[/QUOTE]That would've been a bad move since these are going for $200+ now & mine is still perfectly sealed.:D I had already been grabbing single seasons for $15 so I watched them & kept the matrix.

That amount doesn't mean anything to me, because if I did buy it I was going to open it regardless of whether I decided to keep the box or not and you certainly won't get anywhere near that amount for a used copy (some go for half that). I'm glad I didn't though since the slimmed down set is much more appealing for me. But I haven't bought that either since it's all on Netflix now anyway, that's $40+ saved in my book :D

Are the prices on Transformers Animated just because of it being OOP or is it actually any good? Also, what about Beast Machines? Same question.

I have the G1 set, Beast Wars set, and the Japanese set (well, I will in August when Victory ships) but I don't know anything about those two.

[quote name='ssjmichael']That amount doesn't mean anything to me, because if I did buy it I was going to open it regardless of whether I decided to keep the box or not and you certainly won't get anywhere near that amount for a used copy (some go for half that). I'm glad I didn't though since the slimmed down set is much more appealing for me. But I haven't bought that either since it's all on Netflix now anyway, that's $40+ saved in my book :D[/QUOTE]I feel u if you were always gonna keep it. You can get alot for used stuff on CL IF you have reg. customers that know you sell high quality stuff. I consistantly sell game for $50 new/used to people b/c they know my games aren't stolen, scratched, are complete & tax free. They ask for stuff every now & then that's not game related & I tell them if I know of deals. I've sold tons of cartoon dvd sets that I got for $10-$15 for $30-$40 simply b/c several of my regs just shopped @ B&N & Borders, Walmart/Target didn't have the complete sets in stock & they didn't like driving around to different BB's so I did the leg work & scored plenty.

Just off the Avengers DVD's w/$8 movie tickets I've purchase $300 worth & sold sets of 4 for $65 each. Trust me there's alot of people who don't research before they shop so I'd rather get RZ points for doing their shopping & make a good amount to boot as well. They get what they want w/o going from store to store & don't pay tax win, win, win.

[quote name='blindinglights']Are the prices on Transformers Animated just because of it being OOP or is it actually any good? Also, what about Beast Machines? Same question.

I have the G1 set, Beast Wars set, and the Japanese set (well, I will in August when Victory ships) but I don't know anything about those two.[/QUOTE]

I own season two of Transformers Robots in Disguise? Is that the set you are talking about?? i guess the set i own has jetix on the bottom left corner and is a 3dvd set that is not sold here and is oop over there

[quote name='blindinglights']Are the prices on Transformers Animated just because of it being OOP or is it actually any good?[/QUOTE]

Just because it's OOP. It's ok at best. You're not missing anything by not seeing it. If you're interested you can pick up Transform and Roll Out, it's a disc with the first 3 episodes for $3.50 shipped from gohastings.

They were jerks and didn't even bother including those eps in the Season 1 DVD set, so you were forced to buy this if you wanted the complete Season 1.

Transformers Prime released the first five episode darkness rising story arc separately first, but then still included it in the full season 1 release.

[quote name='Kerig']Just because it's OOP. It's ok at best. You're not missing anything by not seeing it. If you're interested you can pick up Transform and Roll Out, it's a disc with the first 3 episodes for $3.50 shipped from gohastings.

They were jerks and didn't even bother including those eps in the Season 1 DVD set, so you were forced to buy this if you wanted the complete Season 1.

Transformers Prime released the first five episode darkness rising story arc separately first, but then still included it in the full season 1 release.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I'll just skip Animated then. Do you happen to know about Beast Machines?

I kind of want this but have all the seasons individually in 25th Anniversary packaging. Though it would be nice to eliminate half a shelf for this.

Anyone up for a trade LOL

bread's done
Back