Transformers Movie - DVD & HD DVD Sales Break Records

in case any of you are wondering
the prequel book is out

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780345497987&itm=8

and the movie book is out

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780345497994&itm=20

picked up both last night :)

at the end of the book, the Decepitcons get buried in the deepest sea in the world and everyone thinks they will never come back... this is a nod to the first 3 episodes of the series where everyone thinks the Decepitcons are gone forever, but in fact they are still alive underwater!

[quote name='ITDEFX']damn you basic verizon tv :(

well for those lucky of you to watch the mtv music awards they apparently had some clips from the movie......... coming soon reported that they POSTED those clips on line... go get them now!!!

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1561537&vid=153080

mmmmm spike's girlfriend............ yum...[/quote]
Wow, totally forgot about that show. I'll have to tape a rerun of it. I saw the spoof at the beginning on some site, they show Optimus talking. Kinda weird but its still cool.

Also, Chevy launched a new website: http://www.autobotsrollout.com/

Check it out for awesome wallpapers and cool pictures of the Chevy Autobots. Also be sure to click on the "Exclusive Content" button for a new trailer. Its pretty sweet!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow, totally forgot about that show. I'll have to tape a rerun of it. I saw the spoof at the beginning on some site, they show Optimus talking. Kinda weird but its still cool.

Also, Chevy launched a new website: http://www.autobotsrollout.com/

Check it out for awesome wallpapers and cool pictures of the Chevy Autobots. Also be sure to click on the "Exclusive Content" button for a new trailer. Its pretty sweet![/quote]
I don't know if they'll reair the part where they showed the clips, it was the pre-show that had all the clips. When they reair stuff, it's usually just the movie awards show and not the pre-show.

thankyoubayib3.gif

bayforeverbz1.gif

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow, I'd love to see that bottom clip in full screen.[/QUOTE]

Gimme a second.

Here we go:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1to5viHgSA[/media]

[quote name='javeryh']OMG - Spike's girlfriend :drool: :drool: :drool:[/QUOTE]

well she LOOKS a LOT better then her cartoon counter part.

carly-1.jpg

Why dont I care more about this moive?

Robots..check
Shit blowing up...check
people dying..check
robots turning into other shit..check

Yet I still dont care........maybe my penis is broken?

I still say this will be a major flop. It might make alot of money over the july 4 weekend but then fall off 50 or 60% or more and be off most of the places in 3 weeks or so.

i say you will hear a lot of complains that the movie is TOO ScARY (many people will take their kids thinking its a family movie)

anyone know what it cost to make this show cause i be shocked if it makes it back

[quote name='slidecage']I still say this will be a major flop. It might make alot of money over the july 4 weekend but then fall off 50 or 60% or more and be off most of the places in 3 weeks or so.

i say you will hear a lot of complains that the movie is TOO ScARY (many people will take their kids thinking its a family movie)

anyone know what it cost to make this show cause i be shocked if it makes it back[/quote]

I agree....all the screen and clips that I see of this moive just makes me not want to see it more.

I dont think the Robots themself are all that impressive...and the battle clips that i have seen seem rather boring.

Plus what the fuck is up with them all being mute? Do they just not want to have them talk in the ads?

I jsut think that this movie is going to miss out on all of the actually storyline of the Transformers. From what I have seen and read (granted not to much but some) it seems like they are turning the Transfomers into Aliens from space trying to kill humans. Which I dont think was the point of the Transformers in the first place.

Meh....we shall see I guess.

[quote name='slidecage']I still say this will be a major flop. It might make alot of money over the july 4 weekend but then fall off 50 or 60% or more and be off most of the places in 3 weeks or so.

[/QUOTE]

Well that usually happens a lot with ANY MOVIE. The fall off usually happens within the first 2 or 3 weeks.

As for being too scary... well that's because there are too many PUSSY parents and PUSSY kids out there who cry when things blow up. Damn I am planning on taking my nephew who is 5 years old to see this movie.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

Plus what the fuck is up with them all being mute? Do they just not want to have them talk in the ads?

[/QUOTE]

They aren't all mute you know.. Bumblebee is the only one who can't really talk during the movie.. READ THE fuckING BOOK before you trash the dialog damn it.

they need them to blow up the white house That made everyone cheer and was the only good part of ID4 LOL

whatever became of part 2 of that movie . i remember years ago they said they was going to make it but it was in limbo (seemed 2 different companies said they had the rights)

They are hyping it way too much (just like snakes on a plane and about 90% of all the other so called big summer movies)

hell i was thinking of going to go see Hostel 2 BUT I think i would rather take that 10 bucks and get a WHOLE Month of rentals from Blockbuster for the same price

and what is up with bumblebee. IF i remember it right wasnt he a weak lame robot in the cartoon series back in the 80s. everyone made fun of him or something Im shocked they put him in the movie

I think Bumblebee was the most made over toy in history (it had like 15 or so paint jobs same toy but different name LOL

where the hell are the dinobots : )

[quote name='slidecage']they need them to blow up the white house That made everyone cheer and was the only good part of ID4 LOL

whatever became of part 2 of that movie . i remember years ago they said they was going to make it but it was in limbo (seemed 2 different companies said they had the rights)

They are hyping it way too much (just like snakes on a plane and about 90% of all the other so called big summer movies)

hell i was thinking of going to go see Hostel 2 BUT I think i would rather take that 10 bucks and get a WHOLE Month of rentals from Blockbuster for the same price

and what is up with bumblebee. IF i remember it right wasnt he a weak lame robot in the cartoon series back in the 80s. everyone made fun of him or something Im shocked they put him in the movie

I think Bumblebee was the most made over toy in history (it had like 15 or so paint jobs same toy but different name LOL

where the hell are the dinobots : )[/QUOTE]

to answer your questions.....

After 9/11 I don't think Hollywood will ever try to blow up any historical building ever again. That's why they tone-down Die Hard 4 :(

Dinobots, save that for the sequel..

Dude stop bitching because we know you will be at the midnight showing of this.

Just relax and enjoy it.

anyone know what it cost to make this show cause i be shocked if it makes it back[/QUOTE]

I bet these are the same retarded parents who buy their kids M rated games and are shocked when they actually see the game in action weeks later.

Anyone with half a brain can tell from watching the trailers and commercials, it's not for kids. It's aimed at the guys who grew up with TF.

Also, there was a report where the film was originally rated R for being "too intense" The ridiculous thing is that the movie featured no human violence. It was just that the sequences are so explosive, exciting, etc. that they deemed it too much for kids under 17, which made me laugh alot. A later report stated that Spielberg had to make a call and just bargain with the MPAA to get it to PG-13, also apparently they were'nt forced to cut any footage out.

I don't know how anyone could think this movie will fail. The previews have been great so far and everyone loves Transformers. I haven't been to the movies since Episode III but I'm seriously considering going to this one.

Posted a new video interview with Peter Cullen on the X360 TF Game discussion thanks to deadite76!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdF6_lSrh4[/media]

[quote name='ITDEFX']They aren't all mute you know.. Bumblebee is the only one who can't really talk during the movie.. READ THE fuckING BOOK before you trash the dialog damn it.[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? I was refering to.........meh screw it.

I dont care enough.

[quote name='Soodmeg']What the fuck are you talking about? I was refering to.........meh screw it.

I dont care enough.[/QUOTE]

pwned.. Now shut the fuck up and don't say anything here if your gonna not watch the movie.

I have my own gripes about the movie, espically with the way they made prime look and his paint job, and the lack of Megatron's arm cannon :( but I am still going to see this movie at least 3 times!!! hell im gonna drag my girlfriend to see it even though shes not a big fan.

[quote name='ITDEFX']pwned.. Now shut the fuck up and don't say anything here if your gonna not watch the movie.

I have my own gripes about the movie, espically with the way they made prime look and his paint job, and the lack of Megatron's arm cannon :( but I am still going to see this movie at least 3 times!!! hell im gonna drag my girlfriend to see it even though shes not a big fan.[/quote]

Amen brother :applause:

[quote name='ITDEFX']pwned.. Now shut the fuck up and don't say anything here if your gonna not watch the movie.

I have my own gripes about the movie, espically with the way they made prime look and his paint job, and the lack of Megatron's arm cannon :( but I am still going to see this movie at least 3 times!!! hell im gonna drag my girlfriend to see it even though shes not a big fan.[/quote]

You got me good farva............

I still dont know what the fuck you are talking about. All I was saying was that I didnt understand why I havent h....e.....a....r.....d.........man lost intrest.

Ah well. To blow this over thing over I am just going to say.

TRANSFORMERS ROCK MY FACE OFF YAY!!!!!

Looks like July 2nd at 8pm...Hope to be there in line that day!
It was announced a few days ago that Paramount/DreamWorks will release Michael Bay's Transformers in theaters the evening of July 2nd. What we didn't know is what time.

ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! has learned that the movie will be released just like Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which started screening at 8 p.m. on May 24th and played all night leading into the weekend.

The first Transformers screenings will also start at 8 p.m. on Monday, July 2nd and theaters will run the movie all evening leading into the "official" release date of July 3rd.

Also, checkout Glu's Transformers Mobile game:

http://www.glu.com/noram/pages/product.aspx?pr=Transformers

transformers_s1.jpg
transformers_s2.jpg
transformers_s3.jpg
transformers_s4.jpg

Appearently you can try it online as well.

Dinobots and Constructicons on the next possible instalment of TF:

UGO's Back Row Chatter caught Tom DeSanto (Producer), who confirmed the two groups' appearance in a potential sequel:

It is really gratifying that as an old school Transformers fan and after almost six years of work the movie is just over a month away from live action big screen immortality. Like X-Men and Battlestar Galactica this is a project I have wanted to see made since I was a kid. As a huge Grimlock lover myself there was just no room in the first movie for the Dinobots, we had to focus on the original Transformers with Optimus Prime and Megatron. But if the box office allows us to make a sequel, the door is open to a lot of the Transformers universe. I have a very cool idea on how to intro the Dinobots and Constructicons. How cool would that movie be?
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13652/Dinobots-and-Constructicons-to-Appear-in-Transformers-2/

[quote name='deadite76']New Transformers Theme(?):

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32910

LinkinPrime can you verify this?! ;)[/quote]

Uh, what is with the roll call in the middle of the song? Reminds me of the Mortal Kombat techno song from 1993. Also, the "Autobots are watching over you" line sounds like they are sexual predators stalking you...

Here's a new clip that was shown on Jay Leno when he had Shia as a guest:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZGObFPpMbg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecomicbookresources%2Ecom%2Fnews%2Fnewsitem%2Ecgi%3Fid%3D10847[/media]

[quote name='deadite76']Tickets now on sale for July 2nd for 8pm and midnight through Fandango! Good luck CAGs![/QUOTE]

my two local theaters are still fighting over who will show it at 8pm.... So I am checking everyday. I really don't care which theater gets it as long as I SEE THE DAMN MOVIE!!!

Yeah I watched that clip last night on Leno. The robots looked CRAZY real. Like, the crappy quality of youtube does not give that clip any justice whatsoever. I was literally in awe when I first saw Bumblebee. I cannot WAIT for this movie.

bread's done
Back