Transformers Movie - DVD & HD DVD Sales Break Records

[quote name='Zen Davis']Thank you Michael Bay. Next up for him should be a Dragonball film.[/quote]

Did you see it already? Is this an honest comment or sarcastic?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you see it already? Is this an honest comment or sarcastic?[/quote]
I just wanted to say it. I have faith the movie will be amazing. Michael Bay is the best blockbuster action director in the world, even if he doesn't always make the most coherant/realistic of films.

In regards to escapism, no one comes close.

well I've spent about 200 dollars in transformers merchandise this week alone.
:O

Bought those two transformers DS games at CC. My hand is cramped. Damn I need to get the DS lite as my DS fat is too dark for this game :( Hmm I can't join Shipwreck's TF Clan for some reason :(

Picked up the transformers PC game from target (exclusive??!?!?)
not too bad..... too bad my pc can't handle it without choking frames :(

I did pick up the prequel and official movie graphic novelization and the TF:The Movie graphic novelization today.

Next week I will pick up the "music from the movie" when it hits best buy.

3 more days, 3 more days... I CAN'T fuckING WAIT!!!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never thought I would say this, but man, I can't wait for the weekend to be over and for Monday to arrive.[/QUOTE]

for me it's video games LIVE! in DC on Saturday Night!

I have no fucking idea what they are going to be playing that night.

LESS THEN 24 HOURS TILL THE GREATEST SUMMER MOVIE OF 2007 BEGINS!!!

ARE YOU READY?!??!!?

Can I get a HELL YEA!!!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='ITDEFX']LESS THEN 24 HOURS TILL THE GREATEST SUMMER MOVIE OF 2007 BEGINS!!!

ARE YOU READY?!??!!?

Can I get a HELL YEA!!!?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

I'm literally going to run for cover if you come back from the film disappointed....

What time is everyone getting to the 8 o clock showings? I'm having a tough time estimating just how many people are gonna be there. It's a monday, 2 days before the 4th and it's summer...hard to judge. My friends and I will be there by 6...2 hours should be plenty time.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'm literally going to run for cover if you come back from the film disappointed....

What time is everyone getting to the 8 o clock showings? I'm having a tough time estimating just how many people are gonna be there. It's a monday, 2 days before the 4th and it's summer...hard to judge. My friends and I will be there by 6...2 hours should be plenty time.[/QUOTE]

so far the reviews I have read have been extremely positive. From the novelizations I have read its going to be fucking awesome. The transformation animation looks amazing. This is a movie I am going to see at least 3 times, and yes I will take the day off the day it comes to dvd to pick this sucker up.

I am picking up my gf's brother (since my gf is not into transformers) at 7pm and we are going to the one at Fairfax Corner 14: Cinema De Lux. We should be there by 7:20ish and get good seats. Oh man I really can't wait.

2 hours is overkill.. If you got your advanced tickets, a minimum of 45 mins to an hour to more then enough. The only way I will walk out disappointed if the theater is full of drunks and teenagers who want to heckle every scene of the movie.

so where is my hell yea?!?!?!?

whoa whoa you guys are showing up way to early. My local theater is having it run every 30 minutes on like 4-5 screens that night. I am curious, since most theaters are having it shown on more then 2 screens that night.. How much money will it make that night?!?!? more then 40 million?!?!?!

Will this beat out Spiderman 3, shrek 3 and POTC?

[quote name='ITDEFX']whoa whoa you guys are showing up way to early. My local theater is having it run every 30 minutes on like 4-5 screens that night. I am curious, since most theaters are having it shown on more then 2 screens that night.. How much money will it make that night?!?!? more then 40 million?!?!?!

Will this beat out Spiderman 3, shrek 3 and POTC?[/QUOTE]

I just re-checked my theater, they will be having 4 additional showings, that start every 30min. I'll show up at 7 and if its packed, I'll exchange my tix for the later showing if necessary.

Megatron speaks in this new preview clip.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkFM3M5exA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esuperherohype%2Ecom%2Fnews%2Ephp%3Fid%3D5949[/MEDIA]

Also, looks like TFII has been given the greenlight:

Multiple reports are coming in that tonight on Entertainment Tonight it was reported that a sequel to the Transformers movie has already been greenlit. No additional details are available yet at this time, but stay tuned for more as we get them.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139967

[quote name='ITDEFX']LESS THEN 24 HOURS TILL THE GREATEST SUMMER MOVIE OF 2007 BEGINS!!!

ARE YOU READY?!??!!?

Can I get a HELL YEA!!!?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]
but Live Free or Die Hard came out last week, not tomorrow

[quote name='anomynous']but Live Free or Die Hard came out last week, not tomorrow[/QUOTE]

ok then give me a YKYMF!!!

[quote name='anomynous']yeah, but Im still seeing this[/QUOTE]

Live Free or Die Hard was ok. I saw a 10:20 PM showing on Wednesday and it still surprisingly sold out. I'd give it a 6.5/7 out of 10. Good action....but some of it was way over the top, to the point where you go "Really?" But it was great seeing John McClane in action again. Worth seeing in the theater.

But anyways back to the topic..

TRANSFORMERS IS OUT TOMORROW MOTHERfuckERS

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Live Free or Die Hard was ok. I saw a 10:20 PM showing on Wednesday and it still surprisingly sold out. I'd give it a 6.5/7 out of 10. Good action....but some of it was way over the top, to the point where you go "Really?" But it was great seeing John McClane in action again. Worth seeing in the theater.

But anyways back to the topic..[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, LFoDH didn't really feel like a die hard movie. I guess I expected more violence, cussing, Zeus, crazy driving, blowing shit up, and terrorists with big guns and evil plans. Guess because of Osama we will never see a true die hard movie in our lifetime.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']

TRANSFORMERS IS OUT TOMORROW MOTHERfuckERS[/QUOTE]

Less then 10 hours to go Mother fuckers!!

[quote name='botticus']Color me impressed. Time to go get tickets.

If Bay manages to not screw this up, I will stop making fun of his movies.[/QUOTE]

what?? you didn't get your tickets yet?!??!!

I can't wait to see this film! The Transformers were almostl literally my Bible when I was a kid, and I made a film a couple years back to illustrate that:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P1AKZTcN3Rs

I can't wait to see this! AICN's Moriarty described it as "Top Gun if Tom Cruise played the Jet!" Sounds amazing!

movies_clerks2elias.gif

"I heard they're making a live action Transformers movie Randall!"

[quote name='ITDEFX'] Anyone going to take there transformer figures with them!!>>!>!>?!!?![/quote]
Nope, but I'm bringing my DS with the Decepticon game in it, as well as wearing a Decepticon symbol t-shirt.

Seeing it at 8pm Tonight, gonna be there an hour early.

[quote name='ITDEFX']a little over 5 hours to go....

damn barricade, blackout or starscream are going to be the badasses of the movie.[/quote]

fuck you and your fucking 5 hours...I got a little over 7 here in the West Coast ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']fuck you and your fucking 5 hours...I got a little over 7 here in the West Coast ;)[/QUOTE]

hey if you want to curse, curse at those people who saw it a few weeks ago!

:(

[quote name='ITDEFX']hey if you want to curse, curse at those people who saw it a few weeks ago!

:([/quote]

:lol: I was just joking...yes it hurts to know that other people saw it before me, but I get to see it tonight before the next milllion people see it tomorrow :p

My wife doesn't want to see it tonight, cause she thinks the place will be overrun with Transformers nerds. I can't imagine where she would get that idea.

Tomorrow it is - better anyway, since I don't have to get up for work on Wednesday.

[quote name='botticus']My wife doesn't want to see it tonight, cause she thinks the place will be overrun with Transformers nerds. I can't imagine where she would get that idea.

Tomorrow it is - better anyway, since I don't have to get up for work on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

its not transformer nerds you have to worry about.

you have to worry about the following:

-kiddies (7 and under) with there parents
-College kids who are drunk and will be cussing
-Teenagers with there loud mouth friends
-Assclowns talking on there cell phones

I am hoping some people will bring there DS' so we can play a match of transformers

Okay, unless these insecticons are there for literally a second I didn't see them in the movie. Also in the OP they posted there may be Grimlock in it. Again, unless it's in the background for a split second, there is no Grimlock.

[quote name='SithFran']Okay, unless these insecticons are there for literally a second I didn't see them in the movie. Also in the OP they posted there may be Grimlock in it. Again, unless it's in the background for a split second, there is no Grimlock.[/QUOTE]

damn it USE SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!!

[quote name='SithFran']Okay, unless these insecticons are there for literally a second I didn't see them in the movie. Also in the OP they posted there may be Grimlock in it. Again, unless it's in the background for a split second, there is no Grimlock.[/quote]

No...those were from the Sector 7 website, it was there purely for hype and for fans to enjoy the viral ads.

K.

And why use spoiler tags for something that ISN'T in the movie?

It's not like I said
That Jazz dies in the movie.

There! Don't click if you don't wanna know.

[quote name='SithFran']K.

And why use spoiler tags for something that ISN'T in the movie?

It's not like I said
That Jazz dies in the movie.

There! Don't click if you don't wanna know.[/QUOTE]

yea I knew that...
Wiki spoiled it...

ok time for us East Coast people to start getting ready. Im going to my gf's house for dinner then off to the movie with her brother.

Just for kicks I played the trailer full blast on my 7.1 system. My god that music is amazing..

[quote name='SithFran']Hmm.. What else can I give away....[/QUOTE]

nothing... i already read the book AND graphic novel and yes I know about the
3 scenes at the end of the movie credits

[quote name='botticus']My wife doesn't want to see it tonight, cause she thinks the place will be overrun with Transformers nerds. I can't imagine where she would get that idea.

Tomorrow it is - better anyway, since I don't have to get up for work on Wednesday.[/quote]
Exactly why I'm staying the fuck away until friday morning. Rather go in the morning when no one's there. Got two free tickets, so going to see this and Live Free or Die Hard friday.

Speaking of the movie, has anyone played the console version? Frank Welker sure doesn't sound like Megatron that much in the game. Also the G1 repaint skins absolutely suck for Starscream & Jazz.

3 more long painful hours. By the time I leave you East coasters will be coming back with your spoilerrific reviews. Today is a great day...Picked up Buzz cola, Krusty O's at my local 7-11 and I get to see Transformers :bouncy:

I went with some friends who have had their tickets for weeks. I wasn't expecting much, but I was more than entertained all the way through. I was a big fan of the G1 cartoon, comics, and toys back in the day, but figured a live action movie would be garbage. I was wrong. I have a couple nits (mainly, the in your face GM advertising -- and other transforming product placement), but all in all it was well done.

oh my god!!!

This movie was fuckING INCREDIBLE!

the visual effects were just AMAZING!!

The scene where all the autobots came together to meet with Sam was so beautifully done that I actually cried in happiness :)

my theater was packed. the crowed actually BEHAVED themselves. No heckling, no rude comments, laughing at all the good parts. Great time.
Coming soon.net gave it a 9.5 out of 10... I give it a 10 out of 10!!!

A MUST SEE AGAIN MOVIE OF THE SUMMER!!

bread's done
Back