Transformers Movie - DVD & HD DVD Sales Break Records

ITDEFX: I too thaought what Kayden thought, was like, WTF!!!!!! BULLSHIT!!!! But yeah, I think you may have a point, not really what I first thought the meaning. I loved Jazz's introduction though, hysterical.

Best movie I've seen in a HELLA long time (prolly since 300, and I feel it's even better than that movie). Gonna see it again with more friends tomorrow, and prolly with the family this weekend :)

Of course... they don't have blood.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
its called creative freedom, brother doesn't necessarily mean blood brother.
[/quote]

People can give Michael Bay all the shit they want, but he has got action movies down to a science.

Two thumbs up, finally a movie that doesn't suck this summer!

if there was ONE thing, ONE thing I have to nickpick about the movie was the allspark

ok, so this MASSIVE 80 foot tall object can

-Be the ONLY thing in the movie which can transform size change itself to be carried around by humans?

-Allspark energy, which suppose to give transformers life, basically turns anything (The video recorder in that room, the xbox 360, soda machine and car) into evil robots?

It was awesome. I loved every second of it! Exceeded my expectations immensely. Will definitely be seeing it again!

One thing though...that one trailer for the movie with fireballs flying and stuff...didn't say the name of what the movie was, everyone in the theater was being a smartass about it :lol:

Still, anyone have a guess as to what it is? I was getting the feeling it's another Godzilla movie or something

[quote name='whoknows']It was awesome. I loved every second of it! Exceeded my expectations immensely. Will definitely be seeing it again!

One thing though...that one trailer for the movie with fireballs flying and stuff...didn't say the name of what the movie was, everyone in the theater was being a smartass about it :lol:

Still, anyone have a guess as to what it is? I was getting the feeling it's another Godzilla movie or something[/quote]

I was wondering that myself. It looked interesting.

Anyways, as everyone else is saying, the movie was fucking awesome. A must see. It was definitely the best movie I've seen in a long time.

Am I the only one who didn't like this movie ? I thought it was trying too hard to be funny, and was annoyed by Anthony Anderson and the guy from Sector 7. I thought the whole ending sequence was too long. I wish Arnold Schwarznagger was in it to yell GET TO THE CHOPPA to Spike.

Holly fuck dude, that was so fucking amazing, it was incredible, I was speechless the whole time, It was mindnumbingly beautiful. I was in total bliss, I felt like I was on drugs, had adrenaline running through my body the whole time, it was simply indescribable. Wow...I'm just....wow, sweet Jesus, thank you for allowing me to see and experience this.

BTW, just wanted to point this out. I put Linkin Park and Transformers together before the movie ;)

Oh and, I really hope we get a toy version of the Mt. Dew TF, that thing was badass in robot mode. I didn't get a good look at the XBOX360 one though. I wonder if they were good guys or bad guys. You think that they would be good, since Sam was holding the All Spark and he was good...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']BTW, just wanted to point this out. I put Linkin Park and Trasnformers together before the movie ;)

Oh and, I really hope we get a toy version of the Mt. Dew TF, that thing was badass in robot mode. I didn't get a good look at the XBOX360 one though. I wonder if they were good guys or bad guys. You think that they would be good, since Sam was holding the All Spark and he was good...
[/QUOTE]
Haha, "What I've Done" in the end credits, I noticed that too

Just got back. Amazing-ness. I'm seeing it again tomorrow with a different group of friends since I don't work on the 4th. Man. I was smiling so wide at the first scene. 8.5 or 9 out of 10. Leaning towards a 9.

Some of the classic bad "Bay" scenes took away from the film. Outsourced Indian operator....? President Bush with red socks??? And Frenzy was more annoying than anything else. Oh well. Tiny tiny nit picks. Also, I can't remember with all the action, but did Barricade die?

[quote name='whoknows']One thing though...that one trailer for the movie with fireballs flying and stuff...didn't say the name of what the movie was, everyone in the theater was being a smartass about it :lol:

Still, anyone have a guess as to what it is? I was getting the feeling it's another Godzilla movie or something[/quote]

That's what my dad and I thought it was too, However, doing a search for Bad Robot Productions, which is one of the names I remember from the trailer, reveals that it may be a Star Trek Movie.

[quote name='sonderiaom']That's what my dad and I thought it was too, However, doing a search for Bad Robot Productions, which is one of the names I remember from the trailer, reveals that it may be a Star Trek Movie.[/QUOTE]
It's this movie: http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

It's apparentally titled either "Clover" or "Cloverfield" as of right now

[quote name='LinkinPrime']BTW, just wanted to point this out. I put Linkin Park and Transformers together before the movie ;)

[/quote]

I thought so also but what about that steering wheel that bite off that girls face or whatever it was doing.

RE: the mystery Bad Robot trailer.

We're of the opinion that it is for the Godzilla re-remake. The references to moving to Japan and the familiar roar are clues.
-------------------------------------------
Some thoughts about the movie:
It's amazing how under-utilized the majority of the Transformers were. It's nice to see that at least of the two lines he was given, Starscream and Megatron still quibble. I also think the ending sets it up well for the sequel to have an underwater Decepti-base ala the cartoon.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']It's this movie: http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

It's apparentally titled either "Clover" or "Cloverfield" as of right now[/quote]

That trailer was sweet. It totally felt like "Lost" in the city.

[quote name='tenzor']
I thought so also but what about that steering wheel that bite off that girls face or whatever it was doing.
[/quote]

Ah...good point. Also if some of you didn't stay through some of the credits you missed
Starscream exiting the Earth's atmosphere into space!

The movie was alright.

Took awhile to start.

The fight scenes were rushed and not well fleshed out.

There was barely any robot vs. robot fighting at all. Most of it took place off camera. And some robots were so easy to take to take out.

It was enjoyable in a purely mind numbing experience.

LAWL COPTERS fuckING HOT.

So say i could care less for anything transformers. This movie still worth seeing? Is there more going on than in Die hard?

saw it earlier tonight... and having followed transformers since the 80s through today and being displeased with some of the things hasbro has done with them in the past few years, i'd have to say i fucking loved the movie. all of the michael bay haters really need to STFU and watch the movie before saying it ruined their childhood, bay is an idiot and ruining transformers, etc.

i had a few gripes with some of the dialogue, but i thought the movie conveyed the spirit of transformers extremely well - giant ass robots that change into earth vehicles battling it out. optimus prime and megatron were near-perfect representations of the spirit of the characters that have gone from the 80s up until today - although being the leaders of each of their factions, i think a little more could have been done to flesh out their characters.
i mean, when megatron died, it was so "uhh... okay. and?"

[quote name='dafunkk12']We're of the opinion that it is for the Godzilla re-remake. The references to moving to Japan and the familiar roar are clues.[/quote]
Yes, but if it's a big-budget Godzilla movie, why would they release it around the worst times for movies, early in the year? You'd think it'd be coming out in summer if it were Godzilla, but then again maybe they learned their lesson last time, and want to do it more indie this time.

Glad to see early Yahoo reviews coming in surprisingly positive. As of now, 1510 ratings with an average of A-!!! Hells yeah, I can't wait to see this movie this weekend!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']Glad to see early Yahoo reviews coming in surprisingly positive. As of now, 1510 ratings with an average of A-!!! Hells yeah, I can't wait to see this movie this weekend![/QUOTE]

FINALLY I GET MY HELL YEAH!!!

Ok, this is the standing orders for fellow cags, GO SEE THIS MOVIE, if you have already seen it, GO SEE IT AGAIN!.. If you have a bf/gf, spouse, DRAG THEM TO GO SEE IT!! I am going to drag my GF to go see it even though shes not into sci fi movies. Lets make this movie become the mega blockbuster hit of Summer 2007!!
Forget Pirates, Forget Spiderman, Forget Sherk, Forget Harry Pothead, Forget Homer!!! Go SEE THIS MOVIE!!

why go out to see transformers when you can stay home and watch transmorhpers LOL (anyone see that lame movie that came out last week)

i probally see it at the buck show within a month. Dont really have an extra 7 bucks to blow on a movie and really dont have 2 1/2 hours to watch it

I thought it had much more potential than what it lived up to. I would advise you CAGs not to give your money to this movie. It was somewhat entertaining I admit, but it was just mindless and the acting was terrible. I'd say it was the best worst movie I've ever seen.

[quote name='ITDEFX']FINALLY I GET MY HELL YEAH!!!

Ok, this is the standing orders for fellow cags, GO SEE THIS MOVIE, if you have already seen it, GO SEE IT AGAIN!.. If you have a bf/gf, spouse, DRAG THEM TO GO SEE IT!! I am going to drag my GF to go see it even though shes not into sci fi movies. Lets make this movie become the mega blockbuster hit of Summer 2007!!
Forget Pirates, Forget Spiderman, Forget Sherk, Forget Harry Pothead, Forget Homer!!! Go SEE THIS MOVIE!![/quote]

I plan to see it atleast 2-3 more times. This movie put Spider-Man and Pirates to shame! I cannot wait to own it on HD DVD!

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...3-2935313?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183474434&sr=8-1

man found out that they had a showing at 930 am and 10am till thursday at coldwater crossing. If i knew that i would of went this morning at 930 (be out before noon)

maybe thursday if nothing happens.

Saw it last night, and I thought it was pretty decent. The action and special effects were fantastic, but there was waaaay too much dialog diarrhea. And damn, I don't think I've ever seen anything hotter than Megan Fox.

Maybe if you stare at the sun... but I doubt it.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Saw it last night, and I thought it was pretty decent. The action and special effects were fantastic, but there was waaaay too much dialog diarrhea. And damn, I don't think I've ever seen anything hotter than Megan Fox.[/quote]

I have two thoughts on this. First, the pop machine et al were activated by an "evil" energy attack, maybe thats why they were evil bots.

That doesn't really work for the "Japanese" Nokia ( :lol: ). My other thought is, these are service appliances that have probably been abused most of their lives, would you really be happy being dropped everyday? Even if they weren't cognicent of that, they're still waking up in a strange place surrounded by unknown things. Maybe it was self defense... or maybe its just being over thought.

And I laughed my ass off at the phones 1inch gatlin gun.

[quote name='ITDEFX']if there was ONE thing, ONE thing I have to nickpick about the movie was the allspark

ok, so this MASSIVE 80 foot tall object can

-Be the ONLY thing in the movie which can transform size change itself to be carried around by humans?

-Allspark energy, which suppose to give transformers life, basically turns anything (The video recorder in that room, the xbox 360, soda machine and car) into evil robots?
[/quote][quote name='LinkinPrime']BTW, just wanted to point this out. I put Linkin Park and Transformers together before the movie ;)

[/quote]

[quote name='whoknows']

[/QUOTE]

Same w/ my theater

[quote name='Number83']How were the voices of Optimus (Peter Cullen) and Megatron (Hugo Weaving)? Did they do it justice?[/quote]

Peter Cullen was dead on, (my dad thought he was Shawn Connery), and Hugo Weaving sounded nothing like Agent Smith.

[quote name='Number83']How were the voices of Optimus (Peter Cullen) and Megatron (Hugo Weaving)? Did they do it justice?[/quote]

They were awesome, I would have prefered Gary Chalk who did the voice for Optimus Primal in Beast Wars, but Peter Cullen was great. Hugo Weaving, had a slight hint of Agent Smith but he sounded awesome as Megatron...here's a clip:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkFM3M5exA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecomingsoon%2Enet%2Fnews%2Fmovienews%2Ephp%3Fid%3D21636[/MEDIA]

[quote name='zewone']The voice acting for all the robots were great, except for Jazz.

Tried too hard to be stereotypically funny.[/quote]
"What's crakin' bitches?"

:rofl: That was hilarious!

Watched the movie yester-nite. It was awesome.

This should win best action and best comedy for this year.

I haven't laughed so hard from a movie in a very long time.

I was roflin the whole time. Especially when
BumbleBee takes a wizz on the agent.
:applause:

Yeah, the humor was a huge plus IMO. I haven't laughed that much at a movie in a long long time.

Also, speaking of humor, that Simpsons trailer that was shown was awesome.
Spider Pig
had the whole theater laughing.

This movie was quite terrible.

Thanks for the godawful 45 minute teen sex comedy "intro." It was developing characters? Bullshit, the human characters were just as paper-thin and cookie-cutter at the end of the movie as they were at the beginning. The main kid feigning sadness over the injured Autobot (who I won't name for spoiler reasons) is one of the more laughable attempts at emotion in a film that I've seen in a while. They didn't make the Autobots out to be magnificent or imposing until the tail end of the movie...they were practically awkward teenagers like the majority of the human cast.

The effects were nice, but when every battle winds up with big piles of mismatched and jagged metal flipping around in the air and you can't tell what the fuck is going on, it gets old pretty quickly.

The humor fell flat to all but the most simple creatures in the theater. "HA HA THE DOG PISSED ON HIM!"

Optimus Prime was about two one-liners away from spouting off a "Surf's Up!" or "Cowabunga!" That said, at least they tried to shoehorn some personality into Prime, but he comes off more like a confused pissbag pansy than an intelligent leader.

I did think all of the voicework was well done. So, uh, that was fine.

Do you complain this much just for the hell of it or does it make you feel better about your own accomplishments?

[quote name='KaneRobot']This movie was quite terrible.

Thanks for the godawful 45 minute teen sex comedy "intro." It was developing characters? Bullshit, the human characters were just as paper-thin and cookie-cutter at the end of the movie as they were at the beginning. The main kid feigning sadness over the injured Autobot (who I won't name for spoiler reasons) is one of the more laughable attempts at emotion in a film that I've seen in a while. They didn't make the Autobots out to be magnificent or imposing until the tail end of the movie...they were practically awkward teenagers like the majority of the human cast.

The effects were nice, but when every battle winds up with big piles of mismatched and jagged metal flipping around in the air and you can't tell what the fuck is going on, it gets old pretty quickly.

The humor fell flat to all but the most simple creatures in the theater. "HA HA THE DOG PISSED ON HIM!"

Optimus Prime was about two one-liners away from spouting off a "Surf's Up!" or "Cowabunga!" That said, at least they tried to shoehorn some personality into Prime, but he comes off more like a confused pissbag pansy than an intelligent leader.

I did think all of the voicework was well done. So, uh, that was fine.[/quote]

bread's done
Back