Transformers ROTF: Makes 600 Million worldwide...GI JOE to top it next... :|

[quote name='blandstalker']Believe it or not, the first Transformers movie was not completely awful. I will not defend it as a good movie, but it showed there was the possibility of a good movie in there. I, like many others who like Transformers (as a toy, as a concept), thought the first movie was going to be embarassingly horrible, and maybe it was because we had such low expectations, but it wasn't that bad.[/QUOTE]

I just finished watching the first one - I decided I should if I want to really have an opinion of it.

My opinion is that it's beyond embarrassingly bad - it is a military movie with a sub-plot about robot aliens, rife with unlikeable characters, logical inconsistencies that are enormous, and humor along the lines of what "Idiocracy" satirizes.

The humor is the worst part, as it jars your senses out of the story and reminds you that you're watching a movie. When the military group in Qatar has just reached the village, they're engaged in an enormous firefight with a Decepticon, and trying to communicate to the Pentagon. Should be tense, should be serious, should be exciting, right? They shit up the scene with some poorly placed and "hilarious" dialogue that mocks the race-based stereotype of Asian Indian telephone service. It's not funny, it's not clever, it's not well-written, and it fucks up the entire point of the scene. That's just one example of the detestable humor in it.

The characters are wholly unlikeable. I could care less if Sam died or not. In fact, I kinda prefer that he would die, because that would cease his wimpy bitching. I also loved that fact that Sam and whatever-her-name-is successfully fought off the decepticon that broke onto Air Force One and killed a handful of secret service agents with ease.

The continuous "hiding" robots was forehead-slapping. Behind trees, under buildings - walking out in the open. Again, not funny, not clever, and jars your senses out of the movie.

Don't get me wrong - it was a 2-hour shitshow. But a 2-and-a-half hour movie. The action sequence at the end was well-done and enjoyable. But the preceding two hours were so bad I still wanted to turn the damned thing off. Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but it is a reminder that I need to trust my instincts in terms of taste. ;)

[quote name='spoo']The wife was out with her friends tonight so I decided to watch this. This was my first rifftrax but it won't be my last. So many flashback of my teen years and MST3000, thanks for the recommendation but even with the rifftrax it was tough to watch this again even if I was laughing my ass off many times throughout this crap.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it. I couldn't stop laughing when one of them comments "Yay, the Rapture" when the little girl wakes up. I also had a few beers so thay just added to the enjoyment.

the next one will have decepticons gang raping an autobot like in american me or maybe they wil copy that scene from deliverance. "spueal like a pig bumblebee squeal like a pig"!!!!!!

[quote name='Lice']Drunks worldwide have dug deep and gave $591.5M ! [/QUOTE]
#-o

A friend of mine claims he saw it 5 times!!..............5 FREAKING TIMES!?!?! He loves the twins and repeats their "Ring a ding ding, come get your ice cream!!" line

bread's done
Back