Transformers the Movie (1986 Animated) Blu-ray UK Import About $15 Shipped

coolsteel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, but I'll keep my shiny lenticular DVD version and let the PS3 upscale it. Plus, the reviews suggest there's no extras on the BR compared to the modest amount on the DVD version, so that's a kick in the pants.

I've never looked at said extras so I was more then willing to order. Considering how many releases the movie has gotten i'm sure the next version will be the end all definitive version.

[quote name='Watchman']Nice, but I'll keep my shiny lenticular DVD version and let the PS3 upscale it. Plus, the reviews suggest there's no extras on the BR compared to the modest amount on the DVD version, so that's a kick in the pants.[/quote]

The DVD has extras? :dunce:

Too bad the reviews for the blu-ray are not that great... :fridge:

I hated the movie in 1986, I hated it in 2005, and I hate it now as 2009 begins. Strangely enough, I do own a copy on DVD, but it's the simple one before the 20 year DVD came out in 2006. I like some of the rock tunes, but it all went south when Optimus Prime kicked the bucket.

[quote name='x_mystery_y']I hated the movie in 1986, I hated it in 2005, and I hate it now as 2009 begins. Strangely enough, I do own a copy on DVD, but it's the simple one before the 20 year DVD came out in 2006. I like some of the rock tunes, but it all went south when Optimus Prime kicked the bucket.[/QUOTE]
You, sir are unamerican :p You can pick up the soundtrack. It is awesome!

[quote name='x_mystery_y']I hated the movie in 1986, I hated it in 2005, and I hate it now as 2009 begins. Strangely enough, I do own a copy on DVD, but it's the simple one before the 20 year DVD came out in 2006. I like some of the rock tunes, but it all went south when Optimus Prime kicked the bucket.[/quote]
communist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

total rookie question, but does region coding matter when talking about blu ray?
I have a PS3 (ordered Transformers from Amazon.uk) and was curious as to whether I should import discs or not.
Thanks for any help.

[quote name='tidwell']total rookie question, but does region coding matter when talking about blu ray?
I have a PS3 (ordered Transformers from Amazon.uk) and was curious as to whether I should import discs or not.
Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

it depends on the movie, but a lot of stuff are region free.

PS3 games are region free, but a lot of Blu Rays have region encoding, but it depends on the studio usually.

[quote name='pinoy530']I have it. While obviously its not going to look as good as the recent transformers BD, its still the definitive version of the cartoon. The older dvd versions have issues with framing and colors, you can see it in this review. http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1198/transformersmovie1986_uk.html[/QUOTE]

I can't believe how much he wrote about the framing and color. Wow. Now that's what I call a great review.
It seems that the Blu version is definitely the best version yet (and probably ever will be) so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it.

Edit: Ordered one.

Edit: Got it. Took a little over two weeks, I think, but it came from U.K. so I can't complain. Arrived in great shape.
PQ and AQ are really awesome by the way. The cover art looks kind of cheap though. If I didn't know better I'd think it was a bootleg, but that's because it doesn't look like every other USA dvd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done watching it , really was the best the movie has looked on a format yet. Only going downhill around the last quarter of the movie as there was some noticeable dirt during those internal Unicron scenes when nothing but black shadows were present. Well worth buying in my book.

bread's done
Back