Transformers The Movie thread

evilomar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
The original 1986 version or the 2007 Michael Bay version. What are some of your thoughts?

On my website the legendary Peter Cullen, voice of Optimus Prime, joined us for a discussion of Transformers, voice acting, and a few other things. He was an awesome guy to talk to and you can listen to the podcast here:

http://www.aboutheroes.com/content/2006/12/about_heroes_episode_38.php

After talking to him, it gives me hope for the new movie.

Hard to have thoughts on the new movie, given that it's not been released, shown to test audiences, or even been given anything other than a teaser trailer.

Of course, there are plenty of accusations that Bay and company are trying to reinvent the wheel, taking a well-known IP and transforming it (har har) into something that it is not (in the process alienating the very audience who would pay to see this movie).

Personally, I'll withold any opinions on the movie until (1) they show such a blockbuster trailer that I clamor to see it on opening day, or (2) movie reviews and word of mouth reviews start to appear. We have a good 5 months or so for any of that, however.

[quote name='Kaijufan']After reading the leaked script a few months back I don't have high hopes for this film.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I had the opposite reaction, I loved the script.

bread's done
Back