Transformers: War For Cybertron - $39.83 at Walmart

Well if it is true then I guess that is good. Although, it is a Game Guarantee at EB Games.

Darn it if they could put that game for $39.98 then why couldn't they have done the same for Red Dead Redemption.

Nice, I love these $40 launches. Glad I didn't waste a T3F1 on this at EB games, almost did but eneded up pre ordering Fallout New Vegas instead.

This one looks interesting, especially at that price point.

EDIT: Never mind I see the french on the bottom of the ad; its Canadian

Is this Canadian? I keep getting excited when i see these game launch at $39.99 only to discovered after reading the thread thats it's Canada.

Thanks!

[quote name='dnez']EDIT: Never mind I see the french on the bottom of the ad; its Canadian

Is this Canadian? I keep getting excited when i see these game launch at $39.99 only to discovered after reading the thread thats it's Canada.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well gee, what do you expect from the CANADIAN SECTION? -_-;

[quote name='Nukkus']Well gee, what do you expect from the CANADIAN SECTION? -_-;[/QUOTE]
It doesn't say Canada anywhere in the topic title which is how people get confused. They see the topic from the main list and think from there. This has happened with all of our 39.83 prices.

This is excellent. I'm going to wait for reviews and if they're good I'll GG my EB copy and pick this up at Walmart. Gotta love the $40 game launches that WM has every few months.

The Wii version is called Cybertron Adventures... sounds like a game where you pick up trash as Optimus Prime and deliver pizza across the planet.

Looks like the same deal as LP2. $40 at Walmart and GG at EB. Will try and keep at $40... otherwise I'll take my $65 TIV at EB.

[quote name='Shinn23']It doesn't say Canada anywhere in the topic title which is how people get confused. They see the topic from the main list and think from there. This has happened with all of our 39.83 prices.[/QUOTE]

it doesn't have to, probably because this is the CANADIAN FORUM.
:bomb:

Yeah it does say pretty clearly at the top of the page this is the Canada forum.

I am ALL over this.

[quote name='darkandlong']Demo (MP only) up on Live tomorrow - gives us a chance to see if this is a day one purchase.

http://kotaku.com/5559347/transformers-war-for-cybertron-demo-coming-tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Here is a link to the demo -- add it to your download queue:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-000041568885

And the marketing blurb to go with it:

Become the ultimate weapon. Fight to the end in the war that started it all. Wield an arsenal of lethal, high-tech weaponry and change form from robot to vehicle at any time as you battle through the living, metallic world of Cybertron. Choose your side, choose your class and customize your TRANSFORMERS character. The balance of power between Autobots and Decepticons is in your hands. Download the TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron Multiplayer Demo now and tip the balance of power.

[quote name='Talus']I think I'll actually pick this one up from Josh.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Sent you an email, why go all the way to walmart when Im so close!

I found the demo to be pretty fun. I can't see the single player being worse and for $40 it's a lot of game. Lot of people complained about LP2 but for $40 i've got a ton of play time out of it.

Don't think you can do pre-orders there. Regardless, that little clipping is from a quebec flyer. It says "QC" on the bottom.

[quote name='Shinn23']It doesn't say Canada anywhere in the topic title which is how people get confused. They see the topic from the main list and think from there. This has happened with all of our 39.83 prices.[/QUOTE]

He's right guys, on the front page, there is a part that just says some thing like "Lastest Video Game Deal Forum Posts." Its shows any deals from any section. I can see how some people might get confused.

Its actually best to just ignor that thing, so you don't get attacked by us nasty Canadians! Grrrrr!

I wish I could grab this while it's low-priced like i did with Arkham Asylum, but fund say "no" at the moment.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Best Buy and Future Shop both have War For Cybertron at $39.99.

16 cents more, not a big deal. :)[/QUOTE]

Can anybody confirm this? I saw it on BB's website that they had it at 39.99 around 6:00pm, but when i got to the store around 6:30pm, they informed me that it is actually at 59.99. They even showed me on their website that it's at 59.99 :cry: Anybody know what's going on?

All i wanted was Jazz for a cheap price.

I know that this is an older topic but if anyone near Oakville/Mississauga is looking the Oakville location may have more copies of this game as the store had more preorder cards (thats what I used) when I left. The Oakville location may have more copies of this game as the store had more preorder cards (thats what I used) when I left.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/members/crazyjohnny-34361/

I just picked it up at Future shop. I ordered it this morning for store pickup and waited to see the reviews before i went and got it. Seems like the reviews took forever to be put out. They mostly seem to be positive so i picked it up. They a lot of xbox and ps3 copies left in a stand by the front of the store. I thought they would be all gone, but i guess either this game is under the radar, or people were waiting for reviews.

I also saw a copy of darksiders and wet (PS3 new) for $19.99. I didn't think i'd still see those around this late into the week. This was at the shawnessy FS in Calgary btw.

[quote name='Koala_Conglomeration']Can anybody confirm this? I saw it on BB's website that they had it at 39.99 around 6:00pm, but when i got to the store around 6:30pm, they informed me that it is actually at 59.99. They even showed me on their website that it's at 59.99 :cry: Anybody know what's going on?

All i wanted was Jazz for a cheap price.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I picked my copy up this morning at $39.99 at the Weston Road and Highway 7 location in Woodbridge within a minute of them opening.

Let me tell you, standing outside in the rain sucked ASS.

Though this deal is Canada only. Your profile doesn't have your location. If you're in the States, it's $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since it seems this game is rather rare the Futureshop at Keele & St. Claire had a lot of copies of the game. I am not sure if it is still on sale tomorrow or not though but if anybody is interested. Oh, I only noticed copies for the 360 since I wasn't interested in it and just passed by the stand.

I was very excited to play this game as I've been wo my 360 for 2 weeks when I sold my elite and was waiting for the new 360 slim to ship.

Got both the new console shipped today and went to pickup War for Cybertron as did 2 of my friends and hop on with 2 other friends right away.

After 3 hours of the coop campaign Im ready to toss in the towel. The Controls are clumsy as hell. The need for transforming is just a gimmick 80% of the time. You get knocked around like crazy (worse than Lost Planet) and there's NO sense of gratification of killing any enemies. And extremely repetitive game play. Enter a map - kill enemies surround you. Good thing I used GG at EBG - because this game is going back very soon.

Grrrr .... I want my 3 hours back. I could've been playing RDR or Alan Wake.

[quote name='vibinvo']I was very excited to play this game as I've been wo my 360 for 2 weeks when I sold my elite and was waiting for the new 360 slim to ship.

Got both the new console shipped today and went to pickup War for Cybertron as did 2 of my friends and hop on with 2 other friends right away.

After 3 hours of the coop campaign Im ready to toss in the towel. The Controls are clumsy as hell. The need for transforming is just a gimmick 80% of the time. You get knocked around like crazy (worse than Lost Planet) and there's NO sense of gratification of killing any enemies. And extremely repetitive game play. Enter a map - kill enemies surround you. Good thing I used GG at EBG - because this game is going back very soon.

Grrrr .... I want my 3 hours back. I could've been playing RDR or Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]

The game focuses heavily on multiplayer (not coop campaign, since that is really just an extension of campaign mode). If you bought this just for campaign mode, I agree with you in that you should return it. The four classes make multiplayer (e.g. team deathmatch, king of the hill, etc.) a blast to play. Also, I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard escalation mode is fun if you can round up some friends.

I'm not going to go into a full review, since it's been done almost everywhere, just hoping you don't judge the game based on a single aspect of the game.

As for the BestBuy deal, thanks to everyone for the info. Apparently what happened was that I went into the store when they were changing their website for next week's deals, so they couldn't verify it and allow me to preorder at the sale price. No harm done in the end, went in today, bought the game, got Jazz :D

@djsaiyan Yeah, I live in B.C. Don't really remember why I didn't put down my location.

Gonna have to agree with vibnivo. Picked up my GG copy from EB yesterday and after playing through campaign(solo, campaign(coop), escalation and multiplayer; this game is not for me. The transforming is cool but it gets old quickly. Constantly hunting for ammo isn't fun. Not knowing how close an enemy is to dying also sucks. I'm returning this Friday.

I don't find the controls clumsy at all. A little on the slow side, sure, but not clumsy. Once you get the hang of transforming mid fight you can do some pretty cool stuff, like boosting up a ramp and jumping at just the right second, then transforming mid-air and meleeing Seekers out of the sky. You just have to get used to it.

The boss fights are kind of annoying though. Too much unexpected instant death. The lack of ammo is a piss off too. In the first few chapters I was running out far more often than I should've.

Also, your teammate's AI sucks. Play with friends, or you're gonna be doing all the work.

And I'm sure the multiplayer is great, I'll have to take your words for it, I can't find a game to save my life.

I'm gonna wait til EB bumps the TiV back up to something reasonable and trade it in, should recoup a healthy chunk of my $45 then

REnted it and had quite a bit of fun in solo play. I love the storyline and the voice acting. The gameplay itself is good as well. Perhaps there ARE better 3rd person shooters out there, but as a child of the 80's this game appealed to me more. The bosses in the Autobot campaign were a major PITA though. Oh yeah, only silver right now, so no multiplayer for me.

I tried the demo... It just felt like a dumbed down Unreal Tournament 3 to me. I had hopes it would be good, and its pretty good. But there is just so much better out there to commit to this shooter.

[quote name='GreenTomato']What is the tiv at now?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Probably quite low, since they're almost certainly aware it's been selling for $40 at other stores

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I tried the demo... It just felt like a dumbed down Unreal Tournament 3 to me. I had hopes it would be good, and its pretty good. But there is just so much better out there to commit to this shooter.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they implemented classes to this game, even if they're not big on variety. Being able to transform to vehicle mode with a click of the analog stick is pretty sweet. Not that the vehicles are anything special, but being able to jet around the arena is still nice.

bread's done
Back