Trauma Center Reprint Coming in July

GF_Eric

CAGiversary!
I just got this press release:

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — JUNE 30, 2006 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced that Trauma Center: Under the Knife, a medical drama simulation for the Nintendo DS™, will once again be available at retail outlets nationwide at the end of July.

"The continued demand for Trauma Center: Under the Knife is both gratifying and overwhelming," said Jim Ireton, VP of Sales and Marketing for Atlus U.S.A., Inc. "We apologize to Nintendo fans who've had a tough time finding the game, and we hope this scratches their surgical itch until we ship Trauma Center™: Second Opinion for the Wii™ later this year."

Edit: Official release at Atlus' site: http://atlus.com/cgi-bin/press?press_release_id=18

I don't think I've ever seen a game's price fluctuate so much... oh well, good news for those who have yet to play the game.

gonna wait for the Wii version, since it's just a remake. not that TC DS is bad or anything...

I hope it launches with the Wii!!!

[quote name='Vegan']Oh Atlus, you so crazy. Can't you print ANYTHING in decent numbers?[/QUOTE]
It's part of their business model.

[quote name='pete5883']It's part of their business model.[/quote]

The model of pissing people off, perhaps.

[quote name='Vegan']The model of pissing people off, perhaps.[/QUOTE]

The model of "Don't make a million copies of a game in case it flops".

Atlus probably has the smartest business model ever... they release all their games in limited quantites (it seems), and the ones that sell out fast that the fans want, they repint them, and those reprints are sure to fly off the shelves since people want the game badly.

The game that sell slowly or not as well, they don't get reprinted. The people who get pissed off just waited too long to buy the game... plus, Atlus games will at least sell to collectors who will ALWAYS buy the game ASAP in case it gets "hard to find".... hell, I even do this, I have Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles and I won't get to them for awhile.

Then you also have the "OMG THIS GAME IS RARE" factor, when people start noticing new copies aren't all over the place, so people rush out to buy the ones that are out there. I've got to say Atlus's business model is working pretty damn well, because they've been bringing over a TON of games lately.

When did Trauma Center get sought after, anyways? I always remember Best Buy having a bajillion copies.

[quote name='Roufuss']When did Trauma Center get sought after, anyways?[/quote]
Undoubtedly due to the release of the DS Lite.

-HM

Is this game supposedly hard to find? I see this game new nearly everywhere I go. I saw it at 3 different stores this week.

Some of these later levels are so hard, I don't know if I can keep playing this game. Seriously, it's fraying my nerves to the point of borderline unpleasantness.

[quote name='Puffa469']Is this game supposedly hard to find? I see this game new nearly everywhere I go. I saw it at 3 different stores this week.[/quote]

It is hard to find in some areas, moderately abundant in others.

[quote name='rabbitt']Do we know if it's going to be any different than the original press run?[/quote]

I expect it will just be a straight re-release, without any changes, but I'm not 100% certain.

Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles both games had average rating and it's not worth $50 Each on my collection list. I'll get both of them whenever it drop down $20 or less.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles both games had average rating and it's not worth $50 Each on my collection list. I'll get both of them whenever it drop down $20 or less.[/quote]

Unless you're counting on them being the next Skygunner, theres no reason to believe they'll ever be as low as $20

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Unless you're counting on them being the next Skygunner, theres no reason to believe they'll ever be as low as $20[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I don't think they had a large print run, so they'll just disappear... hell, I don't think Magna Carta ever had a drop, did it? It just kind of vanished.

[quote name='Roufuss']hell, I don't think Magna Carta ever had a drop, did it? It just kind of vanished.[/QUOTE]

and the world is a better place for it. what a letdown that game was for me.

[quote name='rabbitt']Do we know if it's going to be any different than the original press run?[/QUOTE]

I heard it may become part of the Touch Generation series (anybody else hear this?) so it might be printed with that logo?

So what do you guys think will be the availabilty? Sometimes we get a release like this and see a small number of copies and the game remains hard as hell to find. Other times though it gets a fair shipment like Gitaroo man did and the games price drops in half or more.

I was working out a deal for this game right now but I kinda hate to spend a ton on it just to have it become a $22 game next month.

[quote name='jnguyen822']funny thing is i live right next to atlus and i have yet to see a copy of the game in any nearby stores[/QUOTE]

Go next door and ask to borrow a cup of sugar, while there report back to us how Disgaea 2 is looking!

[quote name='Predator21281']I can't stand the last levels of this game. About the time my fingers break from all the prcision pointing is when they decide to kill the patient by little tiny spiders. It's frustrating. I might just sell the game before the price of it goes down.[/quote] Totally agree, this game was both satisfying and frustrating at the same time. Probably one of the most frustating games I've ever played.

I praise this game for its innovation, really well done and the narrative/story worked very well with the gameplay... but damn it's a hard game. You need some serious resolve to finish this game.

Almost threw my DS across the room a few times, had to settle with throwing the stylus down on the table instead, and taking a 5 minute break... especially during the last chapter, the Sin Missions. Oftentimes I had to pause the game to give my hand a break before continuing.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So what do you guys think will be the availabilty? Sometimes we get a release like this and see a small number of copies and the game remains hard as hell to find. Other times though it gets a fair shipment like Gitaroo man did and the games price drops in half or more.

I was working out a deal for this game right now but I kinda hate to spend a ton on it just to have it become a $22 game next month.[/quote]

Hard to say, it's still abundant in many areas.

bread's done
Back