Traveling with the psp to Italy.

hutno

CAGiversary!
Hey guys this is a question for all the US to European travelers out there. My brother is over in Italy for the summer and stuck in the middle of nowhere with little human interaction so I'm going to send him my psp. I was going to pass on my xbox but he doesn't have internet access in his room. Does any one know if he'll even be able to get online / have to download European updates or anything like that? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Connecting to us psn is not a problem. If he buys european games then he will have to use european psn to download dlc.

One thing that he will have to do, is probably buy a new power adapter. I just looked at mine and it only supports 230v. If yours only supports 120v then you will just kill it plugging it into the socket in europe (and have to get an adapter because europe doesnt use the flat plugs). Or he can just charge it using usb if you have 2000 or 3000 version.

You problem is sending something to Italy. They probably have one of the worst postal service in the world.

[quote name='hutno']Hey guys this is a question for all the US to European travelers out there. My brother is over in Italy for the summer and stuck in the middle of nowhere with little human interaction so I'm going to send him my psp. I was going to pass on my xbox but he doesn't have internet access in his room. Does any one know if he'll even be able to get online / have to download European updates or anything like that? Thanks ahead of time for your help.[/QUOTE]
If he doesn't have internet access in his room, what makes you think the PSP is going to change that? Do you mean if he takes it to an internet cafe or something?

I just took mine to Malaysia and I didnt have any issues. The power adapter included with the US PSP seems to support up to 230V, so you only need the plug adapter. If not, you always have the option of charging via USB which means you wont have to worry about voltage levels or plug type.

I had no issue getting onto the US PSN either.

Before you send it to him, you may want to pick up a Skype kit. The PSP os great with Skype and it would enable him to call home for much cheaper than using a phone...

bread's done
Back