Trendy "Save Arrested Development" Bracelets

defiance_17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
A friend from work really wants to order custom bracelets (those ever-present, rubber, Neil Armstrong things) that are orange and say "Save Arrested Development." There's a relatively high minimum order to get them custom-made, so she's trying to get a feel for how many she'll be able to distribute.
If you're interested, just post here so I can get an idea.

EDIT: I looked around online, and I found a site with a reasonable minimum that would run about $2.50 a bracelet, so it's looking more like $3.50-4.00 shipped (obviously less if you want more than one).

I'm not a fan of the show. I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I need to watch a few more...

Best sitcom since Seinfeld. I don't think I'd wear a bracelet for it, but if Fox has any sense at all they'll extend the show for next year.

[quote name='Steve Dave']So is the show ending for sure?[/QUOTE]

No, but the rumors are rampant--I think a lot of people are expecting this to be the last season.

[quote name='kaw']Best sitcom since Seinfeld. I don't think I'd wear a bracelet for it, but if Fox has any sense at all they'll extend the show for next year.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, but Fox hasn't shown they've had any sense in the past. Look at Family Guy.

here's the problem with the show, people arent watching it. I find it funny, but it consistantly has low viewer ratings. This is not like Angel who was cancelled with a higher Neilson rating and still got cancelled. Arrested has never been a hit show thems the facts. Enjoy the show while it lasts cause not enough people would even care to force Fox to keep it alive.

[quote name='defiance_17']No, but the rumors are rampant--I think a lot of people are expecting this to be the last season.[/QUOTE]

Where are the rumors from?

Everything I read from Fox says that the show will be back. I might have missed something and the networks aren't going to come out and say it is over until they have too but ever story I see about this has a Fox managment member saying "It will be back, no chance of cancellation." I don't think they would be that strong of statements if they were thinking of dumping it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']here's the problem with the show, people arent watching it. I find it funny, but it consistantly has low viewer ratings. This is not like Angel who was cancelled with a higher Neilson rating and still got cancelled. Arrested has never been a hit show thems the facts. Enjoy the show while it lasts cause not enough people would even care to force Fox to keep it alive.[/QUOTE]

That's the reason my friend wants to do this. Obviously it isn't going to have much of an impact, but we're all getting sick of begging everyone to watch the show. It's really strange, too, because almost everyone who's seen it absolutely loves it--they just don't watch it regularly, for whatever reason.

This show is hilarious. I dont watch it regularly but my cousin has it on DVD and i watched almost the whole thing at his house. I want to buy the DVDs but i never see them for a good deal. And whoever mentioned Family Guy getting cancelled, the show wasn't very popular initially because its time kept getting changed. After it got cancelled it slowly gained fans so it wasnt a dumb move but it is Fox's fault that they didnt give it a fair chance.

I don't think this season will be the last, but it is possible that the next one could be and that would be a dark day in television. Arrested Development is easily the best show on TV right now.

[quote name='Steve Dave']Where are the rumors from?

Everything I read from Fox says that the show will be back. I might have missed something and the networks aren't going to come out and say it is over until they have too but ever story I see about this has a Fox managment member saying "It will be back, no chance of cancellation." I don't think they would be that strong of statements if they were thinking of dumping it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything specific, but it seems that the cast/crew is pretty nervous about it--how many times has Jason Bateman been on late-night talk shows in the last few months, begging people to watch the show? If I remember correctly, the second season was shortened from 22 episodes--that isn't a good sign.
The common fear is that Fox is much more concerned with American Dad and Family Guy, and since Arrested Development is so lackluster in the ratings department, it's future is shaky, at best.
I've never seen any statements like that from Fox, but I hope you're right. Seinfeld had a rocky start--for the first two seasons NBC wasn't really convinced, and neither were viewers, but look at what happened there. And I have to say, the first two seasons of Arrested Development are better than Seinfeld's, so I remain optimistic.

[quote name='whiteboy']This show is hilarious. I dont watch it regularly but my cousin has it on DVD and i watched almost the whole thing at his house. I want to buy the DVDs but i never see them for a good deal. And whoever mentioned Family Guy getting cancelled, the show wasn't very popular initially because its time kept getting changed. After it got cancelled it slowly gained fans so it wasnt a dumb move but it is Fox's fault that they didnt give it a fair chance.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant about Family Guy--Fox REALLY screwed up there.
As for the AD DVDs, Target has had them on sale for about $23 several times now. I'd keep an eye out for that again.

Hmmm CheapyD should make up some custom Cheap Ass Gamer bracelets. In a dark color I would wear one of those. Plus they could help with operating costs.

First, I'd like to say that, while Arrested Development is good, it certainly isn't the best around. There are better shows on TV that are ending this year, and there are better comedies than Arrested Development. My personal favorite comedy nowadays is Curb Your Enthusiasm, though I can definitely find faults in that as well.

[quote name='defiance_17']I completely agree, but Fox hasn't shown they've had any sense in the past. Look at Family Guy.[/QUOTE]

Family Guy did terrible when it was on Fox. Terrible. Fox moved Family Guy from night to night trying to find a time slot where people would sit down and tune in. Nobody ever did, so Fox cancelled it. Once Family Guy was canned, though, is when it started gaining popularity. Once the DVDs hit, everyone bought them because they wanted to show that there was a definite fan-base. And Fox had the good sense to bring it back. Which, might I add, is almost completely unheard of - networks almost never reverse their decisions about shows.

Remember Family Guy.

If you say nothing, they will take it all.

Voice of the consumer means something. If you don't get off you ass and speak up, you WILL be brushed under the rug.

I don't watch Arrested Development, but if you do, and you care, say something or else you;ll be waiting 4 plus years for them to get off their ass and make it back on air, by then it will all be different like Family Guy will be.

Mark my words, it will be better to stand up and fight for A.D. NOW than it will be to beg for it BACK.

Family Guy will NOT get as funny as it once was and if you don't save A.D., the same thing will happen.

to the OP idk where you are looking but 2.50 per bracelet just to make is ridiculous! For a school run project me and a few others got into the bracelet biz for a junior achievement project we made school bracelets. These bracelets ended up runnin under a buck each to make, than we sold them for two bucks a piece...

[quote name='alongx']First, I'd like to say that, while Arrested Development is good, it certainly isn't the best around. There are better shows on TV that are ending this year, and there are better comedies than Arrested Development. My personal favorite comedy nowadays is Curb Your Enthusiasm, though I can definitely find faults in that as well.

Family Guy did terrible when it was on Fox. Terrible. Fox moved Family Guy from night to night trying to find a time slot where people would sit down and tune in. Nobody ever did, so Fox cancelled it. Once Family Guy was canned, though, is when it started gaining popularity. Once the DVDs hit, everyone bought them because they wanted to show that there was a definite fan-base. And Fox had the good sense to bring it back. Which, might I add, is almost completely unheard of - networks almost never reverse their decisions about shows.[/QUOTE]

The shuffling of time slots was the reason the ratings were so poor. How can you watch a show when you're never certain when it's on?
As far as comedies, Curb Your Enthusiasm is the only show on TV that is even close to Arrested Development. On basic programming, nothing can hold a candle to it--TV shows are so terrible right now I want to cry. Everyone is so obsessed with these goddamned reality shows that it seems like networks aren't even trying.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']to the OP idk where you are looking but 2.50 per bracelet just to make is ridiculous! For a school run project me and a few others got into the bracelet biz for a junior achievement project we made school bracelets. These bracelets ended up runnin under a buck each to make, than we sold them for two bucks a piece...[/QUOTE]

It depends greatly on the quantity, and these are silicone instead of rubber. We want them to be somewhat decent, and we have no use for several hundred of them. It's not a fundraiser, and we certainly aren't trying to make a profit. This is what I was looking at:

http://www.reminderband.com/

If anyone has seen a better site, just let me know.

i love arrested development, but hate those bracelets... its really sad AD isnt even one of the top 100 shows, there are some AWFUL programs ahead of it like those terrible nanny shows. I hope it wins some more emmys, then itll stay around... hopefully

[quote name='defiance_17']I don't have anything specific, but it seems that the cast/crew is pretty nervous about it--how many times has Jason Bateman been on late-night talk shows in the last few months, begging people to watch the show? If I remember correctly, the second season was shortened from 22 episodes--that isn't a good sign.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, FOX cut the episodes back from 22 to 18. There was a little inside joke about it on AD a couple weeks ago, where the Bluths were getting nervous because one of their clients cut back an order for 22 houses to 18 houses. It's certainly not a great sign, but I read something from some higher-up at FOX who said the reason they did that was to have it's season end in April so that it wouldn't get even more slaughtered in the ratings during May sweeps. In a way, they did it to protect the show. At least that's the spin they were putting on it. I haven't decided whether I believe that or not, but at least they're still making it sound like they want to keep it around.

I would order one or two. They would go great with the Banana Ball I ordered.
[quote name='Danimal']Yeah, FOX cut the episodes back from 22 to 18. There was a little inside joke about it on AD a couple weeks ago, where the Bluths were getting nervous because one of their clients cut back an order for 22 houses to 18 houses. It's certainly not a great sign, but I read something from some higher-up at FOX who said the reason they did that was to have it's season end in April so that it wouldn't get even more slaughtered in the ratings during May sweeps. In a way, they did it to protect the show. At least that's the spin they were putting on it. I haven't decided whether I believe that or not, but at least they're still making it sound like they want to keep it around.[/QUOTE]
In that episode the Bluth company moved down a floor and it saved the company. I'm hoping that moving down a floor is foreshadowing a timeslot/channel move next season.

bread's done
Back