Trick 'r Treat - $9.99 @ Amazon | $10.16 @ DeepDiscount

Just an awesome horror film. I already own the DVD, so I would be tempted for the special features. Anyone know if they are worth it?

Wow! That really is a great price considering it's usually over $20 for the Blu-Ray. One of the better horror movies to come out too. Really dug the old-school 80's anthology vibe.

[quote name='gryphter']Any suggestions on whether to go DVD or Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]
Blu-ray all the way unless you don't care about special features at all.

DVD:
*Trick 'r Treat: Season's Greetings - original short film w or w/out commentary

Blu-Ray:
feature-length audio commentary with director Michael Dougherty, concept artist Breehn Burns, storyboard artist Simeon Wilkins, and composer Douglas Pipes
"'Trick 'r Treat:' The Lore and Legends of Halloween" (27:23) interviews cast and crew about the history of the holiday
"Additional Scenes" (16:51) They can be viewed with or without commentary
"School Bus FX Comparison" (1:44)
"Trick 'r Treat: Season's Greetings" - original short film w or w/out commentary

Doh! OOS, and even though it shows in the cart and says it will ship when it comes back available, every time I try and proceed to checkout, it removes it and shows my cart as empty. Hopefully an Amazon match will come, cause I really liked this one. Even bought the NECA toy of the little pumpkin kid and dressed up my LBP character with the Halloween pumpkin head cause he looked like this. Not the greatest movie, but better than all the remake/sequel cash ins.

It let me place an order for when they're back in stock. Awesome movie, netflixed it a few weeks ago and loved it. Hopefully the order goes through and they get more in stock.

Holy fucking shit!! This is an awesome price for this movie. I was willing to pay full price for the movie around Halloween last year when it came out, Blu-Ray or regular DVD, after netflixing the movie. Is this part of some sale at DD? Anyone know how long this price will last? I won't be able to order for at least a couple weeks.

I love this movie. I saw it halloween last year and it was the best movie for that day EVER. Thanks for posting but it is OOS. Keeping my eye on the blu.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Why have I never heard of this film before? Looks awesome.[/QUOTE]
Because stupid WB weren't willing to give the film a proper theatrical release.

just wondering if the people who ordered this from deepdiscount got the version with the slipcover. i ordered this when this thread was first made but still waiting to get it...been like a week and a half now...

[quote name='dmdragon']LOL I ordered this on 4/25 and it still hasn't shipped. WTF is up with DDD. Seriously[/QUOTE]

yeah same...i put in a request to cancel my order so i can order it from the wbshop for like $14 shipped because i heard its the version that comes with the slipcover.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Now it's available for $9.99! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Damn, was waiting for this but now I'm getting greedy. I'll wait til my Red Dead GC comes in to see if it drops further.

[quote name='dmdragon']LOL I ordered this on 4/25 and it still hasn't shipped. WTF is up with DDD. Seriously[/QUOTE]
I put mine in on 4/23 and mine hasn't shipped either. I put in a cancel request with deepdiscount and just ordered from amazon

never canceled with deepdiscount before, is it usually a smooth process? I found it odd that it said "submit cancel request" rather than just merely cancel. Also my order still shows as open and I didn't get an email or anything, I assume it just takes a little while before the system totally cancels it out

edit: I just got an email confirmation of cancellation

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked this one but already have it on DVD. However, if you don't it's worth a buy and if you have never seen it definitely check it out!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I really didn't enjoy this at all.[/QUOTE]

Really?! Gasp!

Seriously, one of the best Halloween films in a long time, along with Murder Party. Great deal, great movie, and worth the wait for it to finally be released.

I'll say this about the movie. The first time I watched it, I wasn't all that impressed with it either. To me, it didn't live up to the "underground hype" that various websites and reviewers were giving it.

However, I watched it again, and enjoyed the movie more the second time than the first. It's the kind of movie I'll definitely watch every year around Halloween, and $9.99 is a small price to pay for a 7.5/10 movie.

Whether you enjoyed it overall or not, I'm almost certain you enjoyed the last 20 minutes or so! ;)

Fire Thief not liking the movie is actually a ringing endorsement. You have to be really wary of things he likes; just read the iPhone games deals thread for proof.

Are you a big horror fan? because i have yet to meet a big horror fan or a fan of horror for that matter that didn't like it.

Anyways every film will have people that don't like it, i for one think its one the best "mainstream" horror films i have seen in the past decade pays great homage to the 80s anthology horror.

I'm the biggest horror fan on this site. Horror is a huge part of my life... And when I went into this, I expected a classic. I got something far from it. I will however give it another chance. This is a great price and I'll order this around Halloween... It will be the same price. By then I will have a PS3 as well.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm the biggest horror fan on this site. Horror is a huge part of my life... And when I went into this, I expected a classic. I got something far from it. I will however give it another chance. This is a great price and I'll order this around Halloween... It will be the same price. By then I will have a PS3 as well.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that.

I wouldn't really consider this a horror movie though, there's nothing scary about it and I don't think there's meant to be. I see it as a movie about the spirit of Halloween and all the superstition that surrounds it, really. I love it and plan on watching it every October for the foreseeable future

bread's done
Back