Trigun DVDs - old box set vs. those new steel cases?

BustaUppa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Further justifying my paranoia over buying DVDs, a brand new Trigun collection has been released, after I spent about $150 on the old box set a year ago. Well technically only part 1 of this new set has been released, but you get my point. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you anime experts can tell me what is new in this steel case box set. If there are decent extras or improved sound/video quality, I might try to get rid of my current box set and invest in those instead.

I never even got around to opening the box set that I have now, so it'll be frustrating to take a loss if I sell it on eBay or something (I doubt I'd get $150 for it now). I wish I could just return it to Best Buy (I ordered it from BestBuy.com during some anime sale) but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't take it back after this long. I dunno maybe I'll have decent luck trying to return it over the holidays. Of course if this original box set is actually BETTER in some way then I'll just keep it, but I'm assuming the new one has been improved somehow.

[quote name='danny-o']you could stop watching anime like i did. saves alot of money for more of them sweet games.[/QUOTE]

I agree. How many times can you actually watch the same episode?

First of all, I just want to say how hard it was for me to get every single DVD with the LE foil-embossed card in the covers, and I never bothered with the box at all (one, since it's only with the entire box set, and two, cuz I just didn't like it.

That being said, my only real complaint was that the intro clips were consistently the same for every episode. In the actual series, they varied depending on its respective episode. (it's just odd to keep seeing the villian from the very first episode in every single intro) They've tried to change it up in the later episodes, when they changed the wanted poster to just "The human typhoon is coming," but it was still the same opening sequence from the first episode.

Also, I think there might be audio changes (5.1 dolby?). Other than that, new tin box with new artwork by nightow (I think) and the new intros.

My wallet says no, but my inner anime collector says YES!

EDIT: The 3-thinpak dvd set comes with custom artwork on each, and spans episodes 1-14. Also comes with a bullet necklace (as mentioned in DDD)

[quote name='vulcan300']That being said, my only real complaint was that the intro clips were consistently the same for every episode.[/QUOTE]Is this referring to the original box or the new one?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Is this referring to the original box or the new one?[/QUOTE]
I'm referring to the old dvds. The new ones should have their different intros for each episode.

Animeondvd.com is the best for Anime DVD info. I want this set, however, there are other things I must focus my funds on ( Not video games either). The 5.1 Japanese audio does sound really nice though.

Wow, japanese intros:) I like to see those. But if I had the old set I wouldn't give it up just to have that and 5.1 since I already invested so much already. I think only diehard fans need to trade up for this and to have bragging rights.

bread's done
Back