Tron: Evolution (PS3)- $29.99 @ GoHastings.com

I've never had any experience like this with them before, but I don't think they will charge you until it ships so you really have nothing to lose.

I know of another major game that's 29.99 but I don't want to say it because I just know some lurker will post it on SD and ruin it

[quote name='ssjmichael']I know of another major game that's 29.99 but I don't want to say it because I just know some lurker will post it on SD and ruin it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']castlevania?[/QUOTE]

If it is Castlevania, that's been on SD for a while now.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I know of another major game that's 29.99 but I don't want to say it because I just know some lurker will post it on SD and ruin it[/QUOTE]
dudeee. shh. delete ya possst

still looking at my order...the picture showing is the DS version, but it says Playstation 3 next to the version

ill call up their CS tomorrow to see whats up

I rolled the dice...used the $5 off coupon and it said it was applied, but it didn't reflect $5 off...maybe when it ships it will?

Thanks OP

[quote name='breakingcustoms']still looking at my order...the picture showing is the DS version, but it says Playstation 3 next to the version

ill call up their CS tomorrow to see whats up[/QUOTE]

How bout you don't call and ruin the deal with everyone's orders getting canceled.

The confirmation email states it's for the PS3...what's the worry?

[quote name='Muthafodder']I rolled the dice...used the $5 off coupon and it said it was applied, but it didn't reflect $5 off...maybe when it ships it will?

Thanks OP
[/QUOTE]

Charge when ships?

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i just put the order in, and it said i ordered the DS version...wtf[/QUOTE]

Agree on the WTF... All the way through the ordering process, I checked and made sure, and at every stop on the way, it said "PS3 version". When I got to my confirmation screen, the image had turned to the DS version, but the text still said PS3.

Huh?

Screenshot2010-12-01at104210PM.png

In true CAG form, there's no way I'm calling/emailing about this issue. It said PS3 all the way through... if I get the wrong item, I'll return it. Whatevs. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But this site leads me to WAY more win than lose LOL

edit: and Muthafodder is correct, the email states PS3 as well. I should be good to go.

Screenshot2010-12-01at104904PM.png

[quote name='Aerc']Does Gohastings charge when the item is shipped or do they charge you when you order?[/QUOTE]

Check the image I posted just above for your answer. We simulposted, so you probably didn't get to see it first time through.

I've tried ordering twice from Gohastings. Both times were cancelled after waiting over a week. I know other people have had good luck from them but I'll never try from them again.

I saw the PS3 version all the way through as well. Except for the confirmation page where it turned into a DS game as well. I'll bet that the TIC will be more than $30 the day it comes out so I will probably grind through it for some quick trophies and then get rid of it.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']trust me, just look at the reviews before clicking "submit order" otherwise you will regret it.[/QUOTE]

Tron

Looks awesome to me...can't wait to play it in stereoscopic 3D.

[quote name='Muthafodder']How bout you don't call and ruin the deal with everyone's orders getting canceled.

The confirmation email states it's for the PS3...what's the worry?[/QUOTE]

yeah, we'll wait and see what happens

Ya I didn't see it. Thank you. Too bad Tron is only 29.99 for PS3 only but the other one is $29.99 for both systems so I decided to preorder that.

Do you get warm cookies if you post a thread on SD or something?

And why must all of the links be 'fixed' so that they direct from SD...

There are so many double agents.

I wouldn't mind SD if every other post over there wasn't about hoarding and reselling.

For $32-33 shipped I'll roll the dice. Even if it sucks I should be able to unload it for a decent amount if I'm quick, right?

[quote name='breakingcustoms']wow, i was thinking about getting this...how are they with honoring prices if in error?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muthafodder']Do you get warm cookies if you post a thread on SD or something?

And why must all of the links be 'fixed' so that they direct from SD...

There are so many double agents.

I wouldn't mind SD if every other post over there wasn't about hoarding and reselling.[/QUOTE]

Okay this is probably a dumb question but what is SD? I can infer from the rest of your text that it's probably a website similar in nature to this one that posts game deals?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay this is probably a dumb question but what is SD? I can infer from the rest of your text that it's probably a website similar in nature to this one that posts game deals?[/QUOTE]

SlickDeals.net

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay this is probably a dumb question but what is SD? I can infer from the rest of your text that it's probably a website similar in nature to this one that posts game deals?[/QUOTE]

Slick Deals...the reason when you go to Sears or Target for clearance games and only to find them wiped out but readily available on Craiglist.

Members (double agents) here on CAG like to post deals found here for the warm cookies and the 'greater good' of SD.

Amazingly these double agents do little to hide their identity on either site as if to flaunt the fact of posting CAG finds on SD for the cookies.

I only lurk on SD, I'd feel dirty posting there.

Nice, I'll take a risk and try out the game for $30. It if it ends up awful, I'm sure I can get most, if not all my money back by selling it.

has anyone in alaska/hawaii ordered from them, and have you been charged anything extra for shipping in addition to the $2.99 standard rate?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Tron

Looks awesome to me...can't wait to play it in stereoscopic 3D.[/QUOTE]

A game trailer without any game footage... way to go Disney.

what sucks is that these are pre-orders, which gives them plenty of time to cancel all orders. anyone know of a game that's already out that they're selling for $30 like gt5 or black ops or something?

update: nah, can't find anything.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Suit Your Fancy[/QUOTE]
Yikes, looks like an XBLA arcade game.

It has some "Dark Void" price drop potential.

Looks like it'll probably be $29.99 after 3-4 months anyway, which means $20-25 on eBay!

I hope this goes through. I'm kind of glad it was PS3 only. It got me to buy it over the 360 version and a chance to use the Move controller.

It's showing out of stock now for me but that was a nice find by the OP. I hope it works out for you lucky bastids who got their ordering done on time.

Woot, yeah :) Email:

Thank you for your “Tron:Evolution (PS3)” order. As you may have noticed, we had a data error causing us to allow this item to be purchased for $29.99 rather than the regular list price of $59.99.

Although this price is below our cost, in the spirit of the holiday season, we have decided to ship your order; you will see a shipment confirmation when the item ships.

If you have any questions, you may call goHastings.com guest services at 877-427-8464

Happy Holidays from the goHastings.com Team

bread's done
Back