Tron: Legacy Limited Edition Five Disc Blu Ray set (Includes original Tron)

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
81iuM2XxaQL_AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Limited-...PABK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296764782&sr=8-1

3D Blu Ray, regular Blu Ray, DVD, Digital Copy and the original on Blu.

No release date, no price, only the listing on Amazon..

[quote name='gunm']Amazon dropped the clippable coupon, but also lowered the PO price to $49.99.[/QUOTE]camelcamelcamel.com emailed me about the price drop, so anyone that locked it in with a coupon should be getting it for $44.99.

Hopefully the LE version will drop by a comparable amount as well, so it'll be sub-$60 with the coupon.

Guess the posts on Blu-Ray.com about the coupon ending on the 10th weren't incorrect.

[quote name='shrike4242']camelcamelcamel.com emailed me about the price drop, so anyone that locked it in with a coupon should be getting it for $44.99.

Hopefully the LE version will drop by a comparable amount as well, so it'll be sub-$60 with the coupon.

Guess the posts on Blu-Ray.com about the coupon ending on the 10th weren't incorrect.[/QUOTE]

The email that Amazon sent out about the coupon actually said it would expire on February 9th, IIRC.

I'm wondering if we can anticipate the usual Disney coupons for the regular editions of both Legacy and Classic plus Target's buy-both-save-$5 (or $10) deal.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's really pretty amazing how much Legacy really was an actual sequel to Tron, and actually required one to have seen the first, to really know what was going on. I would not have been surprised, with this gigantic big-budget sequel to a relatively obscure movie (yes, it's a classic among nerds and 80s fans, but it's not something EVERYBODY knows), if they had tried to make it more accessible to people who had never seen the first, as many late sequels have to do.

But nope, they didn't do that at all. Like, the scene where Sam was digitized by the laser. Without having seen the first, which visually shows Flynn getting digitized, you'd really have no fucking idea what had just happened to Sam, as instead of showing it like in the original, the scene just sort of zooms in in a weird way.

Props to Disney for actually letting it really be a sequel, and not hand-hold neophytes.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a case where it feels like it would be confusing to new viewers because you have additional reference info, but I think they were pretty careful in most instances to make it work for existing fans and new viewers alike. The movie opens with Flynn telling his son how he created a computer world and was able to get inside of it. Later Sam initiates the program at his dad's computer and appears on the grid. I think that is plenty of info for a newer viewer. Sure, they might not know HOW that happened, and not realize the laser behind Sam digitized him, but it's not like seeing him get digitized really makes that whole moment any more or less believable.

I preordered both 5 disc versions while the coupon was active. At some point before release I'll decide which one I actually want, but I'm definitely leaning towards the identity disc set.

April 5th is the release date.

This is why I don't pre-order from Amazon:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Tron: Legacy. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I've reduced the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $49.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

More information on our pricing policies can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=468502

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

WTF at the bolded part?

Best part is the first thing at the link Gupta sent me is the Pre Order Price Guarantee. :roll:

I almost hope it doesn't drop again before April 5th just so I don't have to deal with these fucking retards again :bomb:

I've never had the pre-order price guarantee not work. More often than not the price is not updated to reflect in my order history, but when the item ships it is always charged what the lowest price has been for the item. In the rare occurrence that the price drops between shipping and release, I get reimbursed the difference.

manthing, sometimes the automated price adjustment system doesn't work. I give them 24-48 hours to have the system automatically adjust the price downwards to the current/lower price, and if not, then I have them manually do it.

I've received the email you did numerous times, and it's because I think that the CS training Amazon reps go through isn't enough to cover items like the post-order price guarantee. It's a sad fact, though it's what happens sometimes. Sometimes, they don't change the price manually the first time I ask them, so I have to send back a second email, indicating that the pre-order price guarantee's automated adjustment isn't working, that this order hasn't shipped out yet so it's not a post-order guarantee issue, and the like.

thelonepig, I've had repeated issues with their system not catching price drops, especially quick ones that happen to go down and up in the span of a day. Their system isn't perfect, though I've seen some improvements in getting the automated system to adjust the price in 24-48 hours.

[quote name='thelonepig']I've never had the pre-order price guarantee not work. More often than not the price is not updated to reflect in my order history, but when the item ships it is always charged what the lowest price has been for the item. In the rare occurrence that the price drops between shipping and release, I get reimbursed the difference.[/QUOTE]

same here.

I've consistently had issues with the pre-order price guarantee although it's getting better of late. I haven't had to email in a while but for about a year through late 2009-early 2010 I almost never got it, and if you wait to email until AFTER release date, it's VERY hard to get it through their heads that you're asking for the pre-order price guarantee to correctly be applied. (they make a stink since you're emailing AFTER the release date, even if the price dropped before the date)

Like I said, it's better, so maybe it's an account-level issue that they're still working on somehow..?

Wish I had pre-ordered the non-special-edition set just to hedge my bets, I did get the SE order in before the coupon expired, though...

[quote name='kilik64']how rare do you guys think the identity disc version will be? Might be a good investment if it really is limited.[/QUOTE]

General rule of thumb for any collector's edition is to buy it only if you're genuinely interested. Buying it as an "investment" will turn out bad many more times than good.

I like the limited edition, but I'd probably go for the cheaper case version of the 5 disc set. I'm really happy that it will be including the original Tron though.

[quote name='shrike4242']camelcamelcamel.com emailed me about the price drop, so anyone that locked it in with a coupon should be getting it for $44.99.

Guess the posts on Blu-Ray.com about the coupon ending on the 10th weren't incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Around what time did that happen? camelcamelcamel isn't showing any price drops yesterday unfortunately.

bread's done
Back