Tron: Original + Tron Legacy (2-Disc) Blu-ray - $31.98

thanks op!

but please specify in the title that it's the Tron Legacy 2-Disc version (since there are umpteen million versions)

[quote name='Penguin1084']thanks op!

but please specify in the title that it's the Tron Legacy 2-Disc version (since there are umpteen million versions)[/QUOTE]
I'd be all over this myself if it was for the 4-Disc version. Changed the title.

I'll picked up Tron Legacy (Bluray/DVD/Digital) $12.99 - $5 off = $7.99 today and will pick up Original Tron later when it go under $10 or less ;)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll picked up Tron Legacy (Bluray/DVD/Digital) $12.99 - $5 off = $7.99 today and will pick up Original Tron later when it go under $10 or less ;)[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the price that low? Target?

Still trying to get Amazon to honor the Preorder Price Guarantee, since they charged me $41.98 (I ordered assuming they were going to PM with Target). Unfortunately, they are giving me that line, "that was the lowest price available between when you ordered and when it shipped." ARGH.

[quote name='jbirou']Still trying to get Amazon to honor the Preorder Price Guarantee, since they charged me $41.98 (I ordered assuming they were going to PM with Target). Unfortunately, they are giving me that line, "that was the lowest price available between when you ordered and when it shipped." ARGH.[/QUOTE]
That's one of the main reasons I quit preordering movies from Amazon.
I hate that policy.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll picked up Tron Legacy (Bluray/DVD/Digital) $12.99 - $5 off = $7.99 today and will pick up Original Tron later when it go under $10 or less ;)[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting 12.99? I have not seen it that low.

[quote name='jbirou']Still trying to get Amazon to honor the Preorder Price Guarantee, since they charged me $41.98 (I ordered assuming they were going to PM with Target). Unfortunately, they are giving me that line, "that was the lowest price available between when you ordered and when it shipped." ARGH.[/QUOTE]

If it's the same version, just order it again for the better price and return your original order when it comes (that is, you can take your "cheap" one that arrives and return it under the "expensive" one). I started doing this for various things after they stopped doing "virtual" returns on items. Yeah, it's kind of annoying, but I'm staying completely within their policy. It costs a little more since you have to pay to ship it back, but if it's a $20 difference it's usually worth it. I did it TWICE with Dragon Age 2... First when they offered a $15 credit and again when they dropped the actual price to $40.

"I'll picked up tron legacy" nice grammer. :applause:

[quote name='leshrac55']If it's the same version, just order it again for the better price and return your original order when it comes (that is, you can take your "cheap" one that arrives and return it under the "expensive" one). I started doing this for various things after they stopped doing "virtual" returns on items. Yeah, it's kind of annoying, but I'm staying completely within their policy. It costs a little more since you have to pay to ship it back, but if it's a $20 difference it's usually worth it. I did it TWICE with Dragon Age 2... First when they offered a $15 credit and again when they dropped the actual price to $40.[/QUOTE]
Just reorder with the cheaper price. When the shipment with the expensive price arrives, refuse to accept it. They'll return it to Amazon and you'll be fully refunded.

Point out to them that their own text says this (you'll find this text in the email that they sent you when the item shipped; italic emphasis is mine):

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.
Since today is the release date, you should be getting the lowest price that it is by the end of the day today, not by the time that they shipped. Make sure that they understand specifically that this was a pre-order, and you're invoking the "pre-order price guarantee" (I've run into some confusion over this in the past, where they didn't realize that it was a pre-order I was talking about). If they continue to give you problems, ask to speak to a manager.

That being said, their automated system should take care of the pre-order price guarantee, though apparently sometimes it doesn't kick in until a day or two after the fact. I ran into this with Tangled last week -- they billed me at the price that I originally ordered at when they shipped on Monday, and then issued me a refund for the difference on Wednesday. So it might be worth just waiting it out until the end of the day tomorrow to see if it happens automatically.

[quote name='arcane93']Point out to them that their own text says this (you'll find this text in the email that they sent you when the item shipped; italic emphasis is mine):

Since today is the release date, you should be getting the lowest price that it is by the end of the day today, not by the time that they shipped. Make sure that they understand specifically that this was a pre-order, and you're invoking the "pre-order price guarantee" (I've run into some confusion over this in the past, where they didn't realize that it was a pre-order I was talking about). If they continue to give you problems, ask to speak to a manager.

That being said, their automated system should take care of the pre-order price guarantee, though apparently sometimes it doesn't kick in until a day or two after the fact. I ran into this with Tangled last week -- they billed me at the price that I originally ordered at when they shipped on Monday, and then issued me a refund for the difference on Wednesday. So it might be worth just waiting it out until the end of the day tomorrow to see if it happens automatically.[/QUOTE]If it's not auto-corrected with a refund of the price difference by end of the day on Wednesday, it'll need manual intervention, since it is supposed to refund within 24 hours of the end of the release date, which is 11:59PM on Wednesday.

I've had issues with emails coming from Amazon, so the credit may show up on the order information before the email is sent out showing the credit.

Yeah, Amazon's automated system is stupid and really should kick in faster, but if you're getting nowhere, maybe cool it for a day and see if it just happens to work correctly... sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Damn, if my 3D version with the original movie included was not already on the way I would have bit on this deal in a heartbeat.

For a non 3D owner like me I dont see any reason to get the 4 disc version vs the 2 disc version. Am i wrong?

[quote name='Slappybob']For a non 3D owner like me I dont see any reason to get the 4 disc version vs the 2 disc version. Am i wrong?[/QUOTE]

Depends on whether you think you'll get a 3D TV eventually or not. If you think you will, the extra $5 now saves you having to do a complete upgrade in the future to get the 3D version. If not, then yeah, there's no real reason to get it.

Also, if you care about such things, the 4-disc version includes a digital copy, whereas the 2-disc does not.

I like the slipcover on the 3d version and AFAIK the non 3d version lacked it. Plus it lacks a digital copy.

Tempting, but I wish they would let me order the 4 disc and the 2 disc and get the $8 off just like target is doing.

very tempting..

anyone want to give me a quick opinion on original tron? i thought tron legacy (2010) was above decent. might be worth getting if deals good enough.

friend of mine picked up the 4 disc set @ Walmart for $23 and some change on sale...can't confirm it but I highly doubt he's exaggerating so I'd recommend you guy's check it out. not sure if it's a ymmv granted he's in Georgia.

[quote name='shadowkast']Actually you can get that all for $15. -$8 for buying both, -$15 w/ bunny money coupon and 2 DMR coupons.[/QUOTE]Which requires printing and using a scanned coupon that was never sent electronically, as well as having a stupid cashier that can't read.

Pretty YMMV.

[quote name='david12795']very tempting..

anyone want to give me a quick opinion on original tron? i thought tron legacy (2010) was above decent. might be worth getting if deals good enough.[/QUOTE]

The original Tron is hugely polarizing. Lot of people love it and say it's an 80's classic, lots of people hate it and say that the story is shallow and boring. Most people agree that it is visually stunning however.

For me personally I see the first Tron the same way I see Blade Runner, I can appreciate it for it's influence and it's visuals, but to truly appreciate the film, you had to have grown up with it and seen it at the time of it's release, not just watched it at some point later with knowledge of decades worth of vastly superior films in your mind.

[quote name='shadowkast']Actually you can get that all for $15. -$8 for buying both, -$15 w/ bunny money coupon and 2 DMR coupons.[/QUOTE]
Care to elaborate on your math?

As an update, it seems as if Disney underestimated the demand for the original Tron. It sold out quickly around here in most stores on Tuesday, and it's not currently in stock on Amazon either, it's back ordered until Saturday. Glad I ordered mine early.

[quote name='spmahn']The original Tron is hugely polarizing. Lot of people love it and say it's an 80's classic, lots of people hate it and say that the story is shallow and boring. Most people agree that it is visually stunning however.

For me personally I see the first Tron the same way I see Blade Runner, I can appreciate it for it's influence and it's visuals, but to truly appreciate the film, you had to have grown up with it and seen it at the time of it's release, not just watched it at some point later with knowledge of decades worth of vastly superior films in your mind.[/QUOTE]

ah i see what you mean. hopefully i wont let movies today influence of what i think of it. although, i havent really watched any classic movies :cry:

I actually got both movies on Blu Ray for $11.98. I preordered both together for it came out to $41.98 since it was an $8 discount to buy both together. I also had $20 credit from when I bought Bulletstorm. So it paid 21.98 at first and I received them on Monday which was awesome. Then yesterday (Wednesday) I got two emails from amazon saying that since the price decreased for both movies by $5 they are refunding me back $5 for each movie. Pretty sweet if you ask me...

I definitely agree to totally understand the appeal of the original Tron, "you had to be there". Computers were big, mysterious things. Not a lot of people had ever touched one, and the terminology used was COMPLETELY foreign. Hearing things like "microsecond", "bit", etc, used as casual conversation was just weird. Thinking of how data moved around a computer was something entirely new and near magical. It was a complete fantasy world, but people recognized it as the world of the future.

I think the sequel lost a lot of charm simply because it's a very different world than it was in 1982. (Of course I have complaints that they didn't even TRY to use words/speak like they did in the original movie at all; I still think it has more in common with the Matrix movies than it does the original Tron)

Now Amazon has changed the delay on the original Tron Blu Ray to "Within 9 to 13 Days". Didn't think this one would be so popular, I guess all the people who saw Tron Legacy in theaters and couldn't see the original due to Disney's stupid decision to purposely put it OOP are buying it to check it out.

bread's done
Back