Trophy Boosting Thread

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
since the 360 people have there achievement boosting thread why not a trophy boosting thread.

just need people who are willing to run some games to get most of these online trophies out of the way

i will be willing to run this and keep it organized if a mod/admin can sticky this for us if they can.

all i need you your psn name/ games you have / trophy you are seeking.

anybody can add me so send me a request. i can rent all games from blockbuster so tell em what you are game to run

i don't have a mic right now but i will in a week

Are you talking about us all joining multiplayer games and helping eachother getting trophies, or logging into others accounts and get the trophies for them?

[quote name='Breakpoint']Are you talking about us all joining multiplayer games and helping eachother getting trophies, or logging into others accounts and get the trophies for them?[/QUOTE]

helping other people to get them no need to sign in under there accounts.

[quote name='Breakpoint']Are you talking about us all joining multiplayer games and helping eachother getting trophies, or logging into others accounts and get the trophies for them?[/quote]

The first option.

ie- Rock Band 2 has a trophy where you defeat the person who last beat you in a tug of war. So with this new set-up, we could get 2 people who need the trophy (or just find an altruistic person who's willing to help you out) and you can help each other out to get the trophy.

Doesn't this go against what the trophies are supposed to mean in the 1st place? Actually earning them on your own?

[quote name='js1']Doesn't this go against what the trophies are supposed to mean in the 1st place? Actually earning them on your own?[/QUOTE]

There are also games like Brain Challenge that have online trophies and 0 people playing online to get them. Thats how this thread comes in. Count me in, i love trophies! I have every single game on the PSN other then Warhawk/Socom/GT5P, so let me know which you games you want to hit up.

[quote name='blitz6speed']There are also games like Brain Challenge that have online trophies and 0 people playing online to get them. Thats how this thread comes in. Count me in, i love trophies! I have every single game on the PSN other then Warhawk/Socom/GT5P, so let me know which you games you want to hit up.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I was just fucking with you guys anyway.

count me in. i dont have any online rb2 trophies.

but what r2 trophy(ies) are you talking about? if you're talking about the coop ones, then join the r2 cag clan. two dedicated nights of r2. the hardest r2 trophy is just getting 10K kills in online ranked competitive matches. there is no way that i know of to set up private ranked comp matches. if there is, that would be awesome.

PSN: GaveUpTomorrow.

I own most of the PSN games and about 45 retails games...so I can literally play just about anything. I don't have Resistance 2 yet though.

anyone down to run something tonight? maybe mk vs dc or some resistance or some motorstorm?

let me know and send me a friend request

No update to this thread since 12/15 so hopefully a few people are still interested in trophy boosting.

I'm trying to get the LittleBigPlanet 'create' trophy, which requires being hearted as a player 30 times and a level hearted 50 times (I think that's correct). If anybody wants to look me up in LBP and heart all my stuff, I can do the same for you.

SweetSweetTrash on PSN.

I will start to come to this thread more often myself. Especially with Street fighter 4 and resident evil 5 coming out soon.

Anyways here are the games I can help boost people in:

Little Big Planet
Rock Band 2
Warhawk(haven't played in ever,only once actually :))
Grand Theft Auto 4

I know there are more but my memory is off right now. lol forgive me. just drop me a line or a pm and let me know when you wanna play and I will try to make it happen.

When I get Burnout Paradise, I'll be in. When I actually play Warhawk (sitting in my backlog) and join the CAG nights, I'll need help on that too.

My PSN is on the left. If you're adding me due to this thread, include it in your request please.

I'm looking to get a lot of the challenges/trophies for Burnout Paradise. I'm around a lot in the evening, so if anybody wants to join up let me know.

Also, I've got 100% on the LBP trophies so anyone needs a little help just look me up. I love hopping back through the levels.

I would like to give/get help with some of the online trophies for Burnout, Far Cry 2, LBP, Crash Commando and Battlefield:BC.

Also Cartman58, if you wanna find some way to help me ace some of the later levels I would be ecstatic.

I am free most nights from 6 to 10 to try and get some of these. I am currently devoting most of my time to Burnout and Far Cry.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Also Cartman58, if you wanna find some way to help me ace some of the later levels I would be ecstatic.[/quote]

If you are talking about the Bunker, no chance. Most levels are harder with more people playing because EVERYONE has to ace it. I could try to help somehow though. Just add me on PSN.

I have to ask - what is the infatuation with trophies? I mean... people are willing to spend money to rent games just to get the trophies?? Are these people OCD? Completists? I guess I just don't "get" it.

[quote name='redline']I have to ask - what is the infatuation with trophies? I mean... people are willing to spend money to rent games just to get the trophies?? Are these people OCD? Completists? I guess I just don't "get" it.[/quote]

I posted basically this same post on another forum that I visit.

Using organizational theory terms, there is a theory called the competing values framework. It basically puts people in 4 different categories based on their motivations and personal focuses. Trophy whores would almost always fit under the "rational goal model". These people are extremely goal-oriented, quite often to the detriment of relationships and other aspects of their life.

[quote name='cartman58']I posted basically this same post on another forum that I visit.

Using organizational theory terms, there is a theory called the competing values framework. It basically puts people in 4 different categories based on their motivations and personal focuses. Trophy whores would almost always fit under the "rational goal model". These people are extremely goal-oriented, quite often to the detriment of relationships and other aspects of their life.[/QUOTE]
Oh wow, that's pretty interesting. I'll have to look into this some more, maybe it will help me better understand what's going on here. At first I just thought maybe it was just a Pokemon "gotta catch 'em all" type phenomenon, but sounds like there's more to it than that.

Edit: Found a pretty good article on the psychology around it:
http://www.gamecyte.com/unlocking-the-psychology-of-achievements

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone here has got MK vs DC, I need the Humiliation trophy if you don't mind. I can help you with the same and the Win a Chat Room match trophy if needed. Just send me a mail over PSN telling me so.

For those of you looking for help with the "Create" trophy in LBP, there's a thread going here to help CAG's with it. Sign up people and get your levels played and your heart trophies out of the way!

Hey guys, I just cracked open my copy of Warhawk. I've got most of the "2nd controller" trophies, but am looking for help in Cowboy and World Victory (the zone one). LMK if you can help!

A quick bump up to see if anyone is interested in making a Warhawk clan so we can all get the Warlord trophy (be the leader of a clan with 10 or members).

Can anyone help me get the mutiplayer GTA IV trophies? I think there is one for completing 3 of the online missions in a time limit...

[quote name='Wlogan31']Can anyone help me get the mutiplayer GTA IV trophies? I think there is one for completing 3 of the online missions in a time limit...[/quote]

nobody?

not to cause any harm to the OP but lf folks are needing WARHAWK trophies
l've got a clan started & members
we are trying to get enough for FLYING FORTRESS, and others
anyone is welcome pm me or post in my thread for Warhawk 'Low Rank' Game Nite

bread's done
Back